xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

Hi!I've just noticed that for members who do not have an avatar set on Xisto, their avatar is automatically fetched from gravatar.com. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed it - most people have avatars set on Xisto.@kira423When I go to the chat section, I see an "Error. Click for details." and on clicking the message I do get the exact same error that you do. I haven't seen the chat feature on the old forum (I believe there wasn't one) so am unsure of whether we would have a chat room after the migration to the new forum software is complete.@OpaqueIn your post signature, you mention about the evil group and the coding group. Are they the moderators and IPB developers from when Trap 17 initially started?

I took Sky's idea and uploaded a TEMP forum logo. Now now guys, this is just a temp logo--so don't flame me for not doing a good job. It's late and I'll try to do it better the next logo.

Until OpaQue says otherwise, I'll keep this on so that we don't have the default logo showing. Okay? :)

Should visit the graphics section and read up some tutorials especially on background blending.

Yeah, I agree with on the forum theme, its just not professional as it should be for Xisto but at least it is more professional than the one we had before. But I already got used to this :P My post counts and everyone else is more in the profile page than in the forum posts because we have posted more in the GFXTrap and Entertainment Sections where post count doesn't count, but the profile page counts them anyway, so we might want to have them the same.

Auto Merge was on early yesterday and I tested it out and then it worked fine for me and then I think OpaQue turned it off and then i tried again and I miserably failed :D

I like the theme, colors work well, tabs give it a good seperation, granted it is the default theme but the clean layout is what you want. As for the automerge well that made mod life easier on merging double posts, well at least the onees made from now on.

With the chat I am getting this error, and I have yet to get it fixed, I have no idea what the problem is!

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

----------------------------------------------------

load: class Client.class not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: Xisto

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;(Unknown Source)

at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

... 7 more

Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class

Odds are its going to get drop as something happen in setting up the chat properly, besides I would prefer the shoutbox then a java chat since it takes less resources then the Java chat.

Hi!

@Opaque

In your post signature, you mention about the evil group and the coding group. Are they the moderators and IPB developers from when Trap 17 initially started?

Its just people who been here a really long time

I was too lazy to read all the other posts:) I love the new theme..finally, it's been upgraded to work well with the site's flashy front page. I'm not a fan of the shoutbox but I'd love to see it again, just a smaller version though. Good job on making the "Fast Reply" option already open instead of having to click on the "Fast Reply" button. That's about it for me. Good job, Admins.

man, that live chat makes me have to refresh this page and lost EVERYTHING i've wrote. now that what it feels when you do something in a long time and suddenly you have short-circuit or sudden shutdown happened. i happen to want to say "i like the shoutbox better than the live chat" when suddenly it crashes my firefox. i guess it knew what i want to say haha!anyway, congratulations for the admins! (never late to congratulate, yes? :D ). now since it has been upgraded, they simply answer the members request about upgrading the forums, and change the old theme. 2 things done at once, good job i must say :)no problem in UCP, changed logo, myCENT numbers correctly placed, everything seems good for me. oh, and i like the default theme after all, so i won't argue if they want to change it or not, just make it easy and enjoyable to read :Pfor some reason i can't use the chat room though, so i guess it worse than the old shoutbox. hope someone can fix that problem - -

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

I was just wondering if the site was always like this, but I didn't notice this last night, but above the quick replies it tells me that I can only post so many more times until May 8 at 4:09 AM... Has it always been there, cause this is the first time I have noticed it!!! J/W...

was just wondering if the site was always like this, but I didn't notice this last night, but above the quick replies it tells me that I can only post so many more times until May 8 at 4:09 AM... Has it always been there, cause this is the first time I have noticed it!!! J/W...

you mean that "You can make x more posts until blahblahblah"? well i've seen something like that in the other IPB3 forums (here? just recognized when you mentioned above...). it's nothing unusual at all, maybe they want to press the spam, or just forgot to change the limits. i think i won't post more than the limits anyway (now it said i can make another 22 more posts until 24 hours, i wonder how many $ i can make if i spend all of the post limit in one day? maybe $5? i guess i can buy another domain name just in 3-4 day later) :)

@kira423: I guess that's a new feature in this version to fight spam. I'm not sure how exactly it works though. Before I gave a reply to a thread just now, it said I could make 25 posts today. After replying to the thread, it said I could make 20 posts today, till another hour! Well it'll take at least 20-40 minutes to make 20 posts so I think that's a safe limit to control spam. This applies to creating new threads also.

On another note, I have another small issue to report - external links are not opening in a new tab/window as in the old version. It's a small issue, but would be neat if resolved soon :)

Hi!@The SimpletonThese limits seem to be much nicer than the ones we had previously - one post every fifteen minutes? I prefer to make three posts now and post the next day instead of one post now and then wait a whole fifteen minutes to make another post. When I do not have Internet connectivity (my wireless sometimes turns itself off so I have to walk all the way over to the ADSL router, turn it off, and then turn it on again, waiting for the wireless network connection to be established and for the Internet connection to be established), I type up the posts and then save them so when I get re-connected, I can send them again. I would really like it if we could stick with the current message flooding limits. In fact, it does encourage much more participation from the forum members. Besides, it is highly unlikely that anyone would want to post several dozen one-liners because it really does not make much sense - it does not count toward many MyCENTs and so it would not help much in ordering hosting packages. Besides, posting one liners is also against the rules of the forum.

One post every fifteen minutes? I believe that was a random problem faced by some members (including me) at some parts of the day. There were times when I couldn't post for half-an-hour, but usually I was able to make 2-3 posts within 15 minutes. Anyway, that is the thing of the past - I can see that the new system is much more efficient and encouraging. I gave myself a gap of two hours and once again the counter has reset to 25 posts :P So when we take a break, the counter does too :)

i don't know if someone other me report that or not, but i will report anyway.
the link for Xisto guidline "kknowledgeSutra Guidelines" has double k.

hopping more from you, you are doing a great job here.

Yucky logo. And it has a flaw in it. On the right, it just looks like a semi-transparent white layer covering everything because the black to transparent gradient at the top doesn't continue the same way it does elsewhere in the background.The chat tab doesn't work. Tried using chat and first it says "Loading applet" and then displays an error message "Applet not found".On the right side of the window at top, below the search form/box, it says "kknowledgeSutra". Except the obvious typo (hopefully), I think it should have a big "K". With the sutra emphasized I just keep thinking about some crazy sex-position tips :) . Anyway, if Sutra is with a big S, knowledge should have a big K. Oh yes I don't have a life and probably should get a girlfriend and not be such an idiot, but what you gonna do.Maybe you should remove the IPB footer credit if it's not necessary (it wasn't there with the earlier version).Another thing, I don't get what the "Portal" is supposed to be. It seems to show threads that have been replied to lately but only shows the first post in that thread.Then there's the useless Calendar with absolutely no use. You should at least mark the SOTW schedule or something? But again the SOTW schedule is pretty screwed up since Tramposch is very busy.I only see how to vote up a post, no way to vote down. However, if I'm horribly wrong, don't demonstrate that I am by voting my post down! :DGet rid of the Kontera crap. I'm on Opera and I see those Kontera double-underlined links and they're annoying. Hovering over them opens a box which contains dictionary with the double-underlined word put in a search box. If it's there for dictionary purpose, why do only some words get the stupid thing, and it says advertisement at the top of the box.The RSS Feed for latest posts on Xisto (or the KKsutra?) only displays the first post in the thread, not the actual latest post in the thread.Anyway, I'm not giving away compliments because I have high demands. And also an ego problem. :P And I don't give credit for an unfinished job :D But you (BH) and OpaQue have done well till now, but don't leave it unfinished. I leave stuff unfinished, and it always turns out crappy, so don't you do the same!

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

What the heck is this? :P

You can make 25 more posts today.

We are restricted to 25 posts per day?? O.o I don't see this on my board..:)

Why are we limited to 20? I don't remember seeing anything about it before the update!! I mean 20 posts a day sounds pretty fair, but I just wanted to know why there was a limit! :)

Reputation UP.FaceBook Connect - Online.Please test this board for errors. Kindly update this thread for suggestions or bug-report.

It won't allow me to view my warning level, like I have a warning of 10% it used to tell me why, but when I clicked on it, it said I wasn't allowed to view it!!