xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

i was trying to enter my control panel but the drop down list in the right upper corner doesn't work , for both the member name and notification. they only navigate you to the member profile and notification list.

yea, i noticed that too but didn't say anything. for the time being, you can just go to your profile and click on "edit profile" to get to your settings page under "your options".

i was trying to enter my control panel but the drop down list in the right upper corner doesn't work , for both the member name and notification. they only navigate you to the member profile and notification list.

The drop down works for me. Do they still not work for you? If not, try disabling the new toolbar on your end. The toolbar comes from wibiya.com.

Hi!I'm not really aware of how the profile pages on the old forum software worked because I never really used them, but the profile pages setup right now tell you about the forums that members have been most active in and therefore you can tell what a person's interests are. The profile page also tells you when a member was last online, so if you do need to contact a member, you have a fair idea of when you can get a response.@BuffaloHelpThe toolbar doesn't really slow things down at all. Perhaps it was, the first time when I loaded it, but I guess the web browser might have cached some of the files needed for displaying the toolbar.

Is it just me? The forum is slow to load again since the bottom user toolbar...

Same here. i don't find any use for this toolbar and it is taking some time to load for me here. I'm sure those who are on dialup will find it hard to load Xisto. it took a lot of time for me on mobile surfing as well.

The toolbar doesn't really slow things down at all.

really ? are you using broadband internet and coming to this conclusion ? if so, try surfing from dialup and mobile(connect to pc) and see if things load faster or not.

By the way i would like to get Kontera revenue sharing feature back for users. It is adding some impressions to my kontera account. So opaque if you're reading this please add kontera revenue sharing feature back.
Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

Hmm so now we have this toolbar too? I'm not such a big fan of these toolbar things, although they're supposed to be really useful. But I still think life would be better without these things making everything slow. I'm on broadband so maybe I haven't noticed such a big difference yet but I do access the site through mobile sometimes and I'm sure I will feel the pinch at that time. Is there any way for the users to disable this toolbar? I haven't seen any such facility so far....but it would be nice coz then only those members who feel it's useful would be using it and the rest of the members would have their old site back.

Toolbar is alright, I suppose. I'm sure it's what web 2.0 is all about. And yes, I personally do not care for toolbars but it is helpful for new users of this forum. I guess it's a draw.I second the notion that we should have the ability to disable the toolbar. Maybe I can list wibiya.com as part of blocked sites. Perhaps even as far as editing my HOSTS file to reject the loading.And I will still stress, even after my demonstration against the toolbar, it is a very nice tool for the forum to promote our forum for new users.

UPDATELooks like the forum ads are back. That means it's time for OpaQue to write that special code allowing registered members to not to see forum advertisements. This also means our forum will go through another pause, slowness of the forum load/function. Please be advised and thank you for your patience.

Toolbar is alright, I suppose. I'm sure it's what web 2.0 is all about. And yes, I personally do not care for toolbars but it is helpful for new users of this forum.
I guess it's a draw.

I second the notion that we should have the ability to disable the toolbar. Maybe I can list wibiya.com as part of blocked sites. Perhaps even as far as editing my HOSTS file to reject the loading.

And I will still stress, even after my demonstration against the toolbar, it is a very nice tool for the forum to promote our forum for new users.

i agree with you, i found it as a handy tool and gives a new look to the forum. but in the other hand, i think it causes some problems like the drop down list of the notification and member setting and lately, i noticed a kind of mess when i signing in the forum. like, before signing in i can see my avatar in the right upper side of the forum with the "sign in" words. and after i signed in my avatar disappeared. so, i sign out and resign in again and everything work great. i don't know if this problem caused by the tool bar or not but it happened three times the last few days.

another important error, this is the first time i am suffering of posting something here. the words in "fast reply" editor keep disappeared every time i click outside the page or open a new tab. it even disappeared when i clicked inside the editor, this is a serious problem please fix as soon as you can.

Hey guys I noticed that you can sort of minimise the toolbar by clicking the button on the rightmost corner. The toolbar immediately shrinks to the right, and doesn't seem too intrusive as before. I guess that should help those members who don't like it in the first place?

ok, more bugs to be reported, but don't shoot me admins - notifications don't synchronize with the new pms, that means when i received a new message i got number 1 in each of notification and near my avatar in the right upper corner of the form, when i opened the pm, the 1 near my avatar disappears but the 1 near notifications still until open it. - can't add more than one comment to other member's status, i tried that both in "recent status updates" in the main page and from the member profile but every time i've been navigated to the top of the forum. - the editor for fast reply didn't work, i can't use any quotes or emotions .

ok, more bugs to be reported, but don't shoot me admins - notifications don't synchronize with the new pms, that means when i received a new message i got number 1 in each of notification and near my avatar in the right upper corner of the form, when i opened the pm, the 1 near my avatar disappears but the 1 near notifications still until open it.

I wouldn't call this a bug; it seems built in. Clicking on the number on the drop-down takes you to the notifications manager, therefore implying that it is built in. I'm not really sure why there are two different "notifications," but the second one (the one on the drop-down) requires personal interaction and management.

kira423,You'll need to work on a new bbcode tag to get your google chat badge to work. Because the default security for IPB3 is to disable any HTML codes in your sig. By creating a new bbcode you can bypass that security. However, I am still working on the google chat badge in case any injection can occur. Remember, by creating this bbcode it opens up for hackers to inject malicious codes.

Ahhh okay, well I am using phpbb for my forums, I was just wondering, I may just add it on the main page of the site instead, because a lot of people use my forums, and I really don't want for them to get angry if I disable them for a little while :) you would think google would be smart enough to give you a bbcode as well as html!!