xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

Ok do will still earn money or not?

Most likely we wouldn't if the system is completely shut down, however, I would think OpaQue has a run script that goes through all the posts from a particular date and updates it that way. So be prepared on the fact that we might not earn anything during the down time.

As for the skin itsef if people have complaints then you need to be ban the layout and design is great and more professional then ever. Of course, the reputation system is going to be a pain, almost 500,000 posts to go through and give either a positive point or a negative point too LOL.

It takes a while to get used to it but i fished around the User Control Panel today and I almost could anything like before, just go to Right Top Corner>My Settings> Then under 'Your options' in H2 HTML Tag Big Heading> Look for 'Profile' and click on it>Again under 'Other Options' click Change Signature> Now scroll down until you see the box and edit your signature there. I have noticed that you can't use any WYSIWYG options from the list above.

P.S. - I messed up my signature too! Thats why it says '123' right now, i'm going to wait until the forum fixes and then change it because it is not urgent for me :P

thank you so much deadmad, i finally can add my signature, and thank you admins and everyone who works with you, you are dong a great job. i only left the forum for a few hours and a lot had been done. good work guys.

since i can see a lot of signatures here are showed as html tags, i will tell you how i edited mine without using the editor in the control panal.

first upload your signature image in any site that uploading images, when uploaded finished copy the link that showed in "FORUM CODE", you should choose the link that showed only in "forum code" not "link" or "direct link" or anything else.

from my setting> profile> change signature> in your editor past the copied link and edit it before click on "save changes", for me i removed the link that point to the image uploading website and add my website link instead of their site to relate my signature image to my website. after that click on "save changes".

the code will change and you can't edit it anymore if you did this will break the code and you should repeat the steps again :)

this is a temporary solution till everything will be fixed soon as i hope, good luck.

more errors to be reported:

chat not working i got this error " the application failed to run" even after installing java support to my browser but nothing changed.

broken links in portal tab in "site navigation" nothing work properly, all the links navigate to the forums tab even the readme link.

in portal page i wonder what kind of topics they are? they are not the latest topics or most active topics.

thank you for your hard working.

i think the search isn't working, maybe someone should check it. i tried searching for my topics but the result is the same "not found".

First of all, me being a professional IP.Board modder and user, I wouldn't use a different logo style for the IP.Board skin. Here is what I managed to come up with for THIS skin temporarilly. (

Now, I have a hunch anwii will probably try edit or delete this...

:))

Posted Image

http://i39.tinypic.com/vyxhso.jpg
That banner there is just a test to see if anyone likes it, however others may even do a better contribution then me.

Good luck with re-integrating things though BH and OpaQue.

You spelled Xisto wrong :P There is no L. But it looks good anyway!

My one complaint is the theme, I really don't like it, it seems cheap, tacky, non-professional. If you decide to keep it, I can promise that it shall take me a longgg time to get used to it.

Oh.. just noticed this when I posted.... Everybody's post count is messed up.. When I go to my profile it says I have 1,000 posts, in SM's profile, it says he got over 8,000 posts, and he only has 7,000. What's up with that?

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

I am very impressed with the "slick" upgrade, although I have to say that there are a few things that need to be (re)worked on to make us still feel at home (logo, shout/chat box, etc.), but overall, it looks up-to-date with the latest forums, not including the additional features and functions added.Added: Something else to note, in regards to my signature...it's not minimizing.

Edited by Jonnyabc (see edit history)

So i have just finished signing on and noticed the new upgrade. Concerning performance, i have not yet experienced any slow down in forum performance. Concerning any differences of the new upgrade, it seems the "From" information i have no longer stretches out my profile and the profile page looks really nice, and i see staff members now have a report center. It is a bit different then the one we've used in the past, but it is not hard to get used to. I just wish that the active reports warning was more emphasized (what font size is that, 8px, maybe 7px?). And while the theme is really nice, i find the posts slightly harder to follow, in that it requires you to pay slightly bit more attention to detail. Viewing the Topic Summary as i am writing this i find it much easier to follow (though the one who wrote the post is not entirely emphasized). I suppose aside from the little box on the index page ("Recently Added Topics"), we will be using the new portal to keep track of new posts, at least until some modifications are added.

When the system comes back on, it should start where it last left off and recalculate and supply the deserved amount. It is the beginning of the month, so i am guessing invoices won't necessarily be a problem.

Until further notice, please use SPOILER bbcode rather than HIDE--this bbcode is not working and may be offline for a while. Please spread the word. PM each other when you notice unusually large or long signature, especially.Test

something something goes here

UPDATEFixed HIDE code. Please use HIDE similar to SPOILER bbcodetesting

Hidden
something was hidden and now you can see

It is the beginning of the month, so i am guessing invoices won't necessarily be a problem.

I need just $0.27 to pay for one of my hosting accounts - is that going to be a problem? :) I guess the support staff will have to give me a little time till the myCENT system is back in place.

There's one more thing - could the sign in box be placed on the main page like earlier? It's a bit irritating to have to click on sign in first and then wait for the next page to load before signing in; if the box were on the main page it would be much faster to login.

Your left over balance will remain until you pay off. I'm sure they can wait about 1 week for you to pay. As soon as OpaQue activates myCENT, your accumulated earnings will be added very quickly. And you can pay off the remaining balance.Fixed myCENT alignment. Still deciding on how to align insignia...

aah.. good question. Yes, The Calculations will take place later but everything will be calculated. all members will not GET money in this period of 1 week. i.e. No MyCENT UPDATE. However, it does not mean you lose any money. Keep Posting all you want.. I hope, I m clear here.

I took Sky's idea and uploaded a TEMP forum logo. Now now guys, this is just a temp logo--so don't flame me for not doing a good job. It's late and I'll try to do it better the next logo.Until OpaQue says otherwise, I'll keep this on so that we don't have the default logo showing. Okay? :)

Hi!I've tried to make a post yesterday and noticed that the hyperlink button in the WYSIWYG interface (in the fast reply, located at the bottom of the page) doesn't seem to be working. It might be a browser compatibility issue, so if it works for you, you might want to try it using Mozilla Firefox, which is what I was using at the time.I always thought using a commercial forum solution meant that all of the pieces fall into place without having to work too much on fixing things that are broken. The Xisto forum update does change my perspective on commercial software a bit.@BuffaloHelpThe Xisto logo looks quite nice. We had a very minimalistic and simple interface on Trap 17 but Xisto has had a complete makeover.BTW, can you mention a little more about the auto merge when replying? If I make two consecutive posts, do they get merged into one? Or does it simply mean that when I make two identical posts, the second one is ignored?The private message feature seems to be pretty refined and AJAXified. Neat stuff!@SkyI'm not sure if you noticed, but that banner says "Knowledge Sultra" instead of "Xisto". There's an extra "l" in there.Not to offend anybody or anything, but hey, doesn't that remind anyone of the Chinese brands that come up with lookalikes of premium brands but they can't use the exact same name to avoid potential lawsuits? You have to look really carefully and hard to tell that it isn't the brand that you've grown accustomed to and have been hearing about. In fact, many people end up buying products of the sort because they don't read the label and only look at the packaging and color scheme; you've probably picked up a new brand at the supermarket, haven't you? When the Sony Playstation became popular (the first one), I did see a couple of "Polystation"s being sold. And domain name typos... there's one named groggle that the registerer bought to put up a website about places to get beer but apparently he got sued by Google for picking a domain name that is too close to google.

Auto merge may not be on. It was working but I think it's turned off because OpaQue is still working on the forum upgrade. He may even not turn on the feature at all. But basically, if your post is the last and you post again (without editing) it will merge to your previous post automatically. But since it's turned off, you can't see it in action.

You spelled Xisto wrong :D There is no L. But it looks good anyway!

My one complaint is the theme, I really don't like it, it seems cheap, tacky, non-professional. If you decide to keep it, I can promise that it shall take me a longgg time to get used to it.

Oh.. just noticed this when I posted.... Everybody's post count is messed up.. When I go to my profile it says I have 1,000 posts, in SM's profile, it says he got over 8,000 posts, and he only has 7,000. What's up with that?

Yeah, I agree with on the forum theme, its just not professional as it should be for Xisto but at least it is more professional than the one we had before. But I already got used to this :) My post counts and everyone else is more in the profile page than in the forum posts because we have posted more in the GFXTrap and Entertainment Sections where post count doesn't count, but the profile page counts them anyway, so we might want to have them the same.

Auto merge may not be on. It was working but I think it's turned off because OpaQue is still working on the forum upgrade. He may even not turn on the feature at all.

But basically, if your post is the last and you post again (without editing) it will merge to your previous post automatically. But since it's turned off, you can't see it in action.

Auto Merge was on early yesterday and I tested it out and then it worked fine for me and then I think OpaQue turned it off and then i tried again and I miserably failed :P

Hi!

@BuffaloHelp

Thanks for the explanation about the auto-merge. It sounds like a pretty good feature if you don't want the forum members to change their posts, but you still want to allow them to add to previous posts in the forum thread. If it is turned on again, I hope to try the feature soon, though I would prefer to use Edit instead of the auto-merge as I can go back and fix spelling errors (typos).

BTW, the hyperlink feature is working today and I'm still using Mozilla Firefox today, so woohoo! It works!!

@deadmad7

I think the current forum theme is clean, but there's something about it that just didn't feel the same when I first started using it. I've seen this forum theme on another forum that I had on the intranet of a firm I worked for, so it did not alienate me entirely, but the theme makes me feel that I ought to get a bigger monitor and increase the resolution to be able to fit the whole thing onto the screen since our forum is more text-heavy and the text gets wrapped farther down below (or perhaps it's some kind of a psychological thing that the design imposes because maybe, just maybe, it doesn't really wrap the text down that far).

With the chat I am getting this error, and I have yet to get it fixed, I have no idea what the problem is!

c: clear console windowf: finalize objects on finalization queueg: garbage collecth: display this help messagel: dump classloader listm: print memory usageo: trigger loggingq: hide consoler: reload policy configurations: dump system and deployment propertiest: dump thread listv: dump thread stackx: clear classloader cache0-5: set trace level to <n>----------------------------------------------------load: class Client.class not found.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: Xisto at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at sun.net.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(Unknown Source) at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ... 7 moreException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class