xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

I would like to report a small bug - when I try to "Watch a topic" I'm redirected to the User CP, and that page is all plain, with no theme or colours. I think there's a small error in the code for that page?I tried to access the User CP normally and it was fine. So only when I click on "Watch this topic' I'm getting that plain page.

I would like to report a small bug - when I try to "Watch a topic" I'm redirected to the User CP, and that page is all plain, with no theme or colours. I think there's a small error in the code for that page?I tried to access the User CP normally and it was fine. So only when I click on "Watch this topic' I'm getting that plain page.

I don't seem to get this page. I have successfully followed 3 threads so far, 2 by email and 1 by subscription. When I click 'Watch this Topic', it brings me to a page with no styling, only html and it has options with ratio buttons. It should be something with your browser, try clicking 'Clear My Cookies' at the button and log back in or try in another browser :)

UPDATE: WE have broken the online users record more than a 500 1000 times today!! :P 2,116 users and counting...

Nice upgrade. I hope we'll get new shoutbox now. and this time it'll not get that timezone issue. One more thing is that it took me some time to find out fast reply thought it's clearly visible i'm used to that old button lol. Nice upgrade opaque. Let there be new killer theme :)

Nice upgrade. I hope we'll get new shoutbox now. and this time it'll not get that timezone issue. One more thing is that it took me some time to find out fast reply thought it's clearly visible i'm used to that old button lol. Nice upgrade opaque. Let there be new killer theme :P

Ohhh... so that was the problem with the old shoutbox, i always thought it was naturally messed up by default :) We will be doomed if the ShoutBox got installed! I don't know what you mean by ' Let there be new killer theme' this is already a killer theme. Though we can always get another which is more Xisto like. I hope it is blue like this one or red at least.

I noticed another problem with the forum, the 'Pinned' topics take up too much space in the 'Alerts and Notices', and it makes it hard to scroll to the bottom to see the new posts, we should get rid of the old ones by unpinning them and making space and only keeping the new ones, we don't want to confuse the newcomers with it looking messed up and unorganized.

another problem is members cpanal, it totally messed. i read some where that deadmad mentioned that but unfortunately i read that after too late. i deleted my signature and couldn't put another one, nothing works there :)hope it will be fixed soon.

another problem is members cpanal, it totally messed. i read some where that deadmad mentioned that but unfortunately i read that after too late. i deleted my signature and couldn't put another one, nothing works there :Phope it will be fixed soon.

It takes a while to get used to it but i fished around the User Control Panel today and I almost could anything like before, just go to Right Top Corner>My Settings> Then under 'Your options' in H2 HTML Tag Big Heading> Look for 'Profile' and click on it>Again under 'Other Options' click Change Signature> Now scroll down until you see the box and edit your signature there. I have noticed that you can't use any WYSIWYG options from the list above.

P.S. - I messed up my signature too! Thats why it says '123' right now, i'm going to wait until the forum fixes and then change it because it is not urgent for me :)

Update: I have just noticed that the myCENTs didn't upate the whole day today, is it working or not?

edit: I tested Auto-Merge function to prevent Double-post and it doesn't seem to work!

PLEASE KNOW I DIDN'T DO THIS ON PURPOSE!!!

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

First of all, me being a professional IP.Board modder and user, I wouldn't use a different logo style for the IP.Board skin. Here is what I managed to come up with for THIS skin temporarilly. (

Now, I have a hunch anwii will probably try edit or delete this...

:))

Posted Image

http://i39.tinypic.com/vyxhso.jpg
That banner there is just a test to see if anyone likes it, however others may even do a better contribution then me.

Good luck with re-integrating things though BH and OpaQue.

First of all, me being a professional IP.Board modder and user, I wouldn't use a different logo style for the IP.Board skin. Here is what I managed to come up with for THIS skin temporarilly. (

Now, I have a hunch anwii will probably try edit or delete this...

:P)

Posted Image

http://i39.tinypic.com/vyxhso.jpg
That banner there is just a test to see if anyone likes it, however others may even do a better contribution then me.

Good luck with re-integrating things though BH and OpaQue.

Not really sure what you posted, you say it is a 'skin'/theme, but you actually just gave us a logo? :) Great Logo though! Although it looks awfully alot like the one on the main site, why can't we just use that one lol? Why did you even make one that looks exactly like that one expect for the font? I bet OpaQue had a .PSD somewhere and could have edited the size to fit the logo size.

I also don't see how this is going to suit our current theme, maybe we will use it if we switch to a orange-like theme again, which I pray we dont :D Blue is just too cool!

Awesome, I love the new forum version. It looks... Better... I'm not sure how to put it, but I think it looks more professional on the whole, though it will look more so once the logo is changed... Anyway, I also like the new features and stuff, and the fact that when I check the "remember me" box it now ACTUALLY remembers me. :)Anyway, very cool. :P

Has anyone mentioned this till now - the myCENTs script has stopped again. It's been almost ten hours maybe since the upgrade and the script hasn't updated till now. I just finished paying off a $7 debt and have to pay it again within 10 days, so I hope this gets resolved soon :)

When I click 'Watch this Topic', it brings me to a page with no styling, only html and it has options with ratio buttons

Well that's exactly what I meant by saying "all plain page" :P

Wow this is great news and works good apart from the Forum skin. But never mind I will be patient :). I hope we can see some decent add-ons being installed now for the sidebar etc. These forums should really improve now after this major transformation. Good work team admins :P.

Well...you better get us a refund then OpaQue, or atleast discout this month. :)(Jokes incase anwii takes it seriously...)