xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

i am having trouble here. i just want to view the newest topics and newest posts. how do i go about doing that? actually, just all the newest posts since newest topics would show up as a new post anyway. someone tell me how. make my life easy! :)

these are what i got after synchronizing my profile with facebook acount:

i tested "Update my Forum Status with my Facebook status (Import a status)" i updated my status in forum and checked my facebook wall and the status showed there but with more than i wrote, for example: i wrote in my forum profile "graphic design is so cool" but what showed on facebook wall is "is graphis design is so cool".

i tested "Update my Facebook Status with my Forum status (Export your status)" but nothing changed either here or in facebook.

i tested "about me" and it works, it changed "my about me" in forum with "about me" in facebook.

i tested "Update my Profile Picture with my Facebook picture" and worked great.

and still only "Update my Avatar with my Facebook picture" but i won't tested, in case i can't edit my avatar any more and i get the ugly avatar of my facebook Posted Image about reputation thing i will tested them soon.

hope i could help.

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

another report, "portal" tab shows nothing at all only the header and footer. and of course chat still not working.

The "Bord Message" flood control error is still rampant :) I opened a thread sometime ago and it gave me an error and told me to wait for a while. I waited, and tried to post the thread again, and it ended up in a double-posting of the same thread!

Hi!@BaniboyYou actually got the portal working? I just see a blank content area on the page with just the forum header and the footer, just like @web_designer doesI got a "class not found" instead of the "Loading applet" and "Applet not found" messages, so I guess it is the same error but we are running different Java Runtime Environments to get a different statement of the same error. The chat will be gone soon anyway, as a previous post from an administrator mentioned (I believe it was Opaque but I'm too old to really tell if I got it mixed up).I believe the downvote was disabled because I did see it enabled yesterday (or was it day before yesterday?).@SkyA limit of twenty five posts a day is a pretty reasonable limit - it's wayyy more better than the one post for each fifteen minutes. Sure, a post for every fifteen minutes is more in a day than twenty five when calculated over the day, but I don't really want to spend every waking hour of my day at the computer - I mean, c'mon, I've got a life too!@kira423Hmmm... twenty? It seems to have changed since Sky posted his message because he mentioned twenty five. Perhaps you've already posted five messages in the day so twenty five minus five makes it twenty more messages that you can post in the day. BTW, what did you get the 10% warning level for? If it's been a long time, you might be able to request a moderator to review your recent postings to the forums and then get that down to a zero percent.@The SimpletonThe flood control seems to be working fine for me by displaying the number of posts that I can make till sometime today. Perhaps it was fixed after you posted your message?@web_designerSince you've tried out the Facebook Connect feature, do you know if it is possible for someone to log into Xisto with a FaceBook account but without a Xisto account? If so, do they get MyCENTs for posting messages to the forum?

@ nittenIt was for copy and pasting!! It hasn't even been a week since I got it so yeah it isn't time for it to come off!!! I am still trying to figure out since the update, my warning isn't really worrying me.. I do know that my hosting is due, and the update has slowed the mycents process down, so my members are gunna get mad cause the site is down until further notice!!! Other than that yeah!\@web designerThe reason when you updated your status on facebook it added the is, is because when you update it through facebook itself it asks you what you are doing so it says "(Your Name) is (your status) it is assuming that you are writing something that you are doing, not something you are saying... it is kind of silly, but it is the same on twitter and myspace as well!**after I posted this my posts dropped from 25 to 13???

Edited by kira423 (see edit history)

I noticed one thing near the fast reply button "You can make 25 more posts today". What the hell it is ? Flood control or something else ? Besides that mycents looks down to me not sure if they even worked while moving the forums.

The reason when you updated your status on facebook it added the is, is because when you update it through facebook itself it asks you what you are doing so it says "(Your Name) is (your status) it is assuming that you are writing something that you are doing, not something you are saying... it is kind of silly, but it is the same on twitter and myspace as well!

thank you kira, assumed that too because i tested many status and all had "is" before them, but i decided to post it here because it really looks confusing on facebook wall. it should be fixed in a way or another.

Since you've tried out the Facebook Connect feature, do you know if it is possible for someone to log into Xisto with a FaceBook account but without a Xisto account? If so, do they get MyCENTs for posting messages to the forum?

i didn't test that but i think it can't be since we are using our information here for updating mycents so it shouldn't be able to log on with another user name. after all this facebook online connect is kind of an application that synchronizing between the forum and facebook so it shouldn't take an effect on the forum database.

I would like to make a suggestion: If possible, please move or duplicate the link "Today's active content" currently located in the index page all the way at the bottom, above the forum statistics, to the top, main menu for quicker and easier access.

On another note, I have another small issue to report - external links are not opening in a new tab/window as in the old version. It's a small issue, but would be neat if resolved soon :)

The W3C recommends to have it like this; in other words, the forum design is more inclined to following standards. The reasoning for this is something along the lines of: the designer (developer) should not impose an action that is not implied, and therefore not willingly accepted by the user, upon the user. In other words, "if i want it to open in a new tab or window, i will have it do so [via the right-click menu]." There is no browser feature to counter opening pages in the same page where target="_blank", so simply having it load in the same page by default is more practical.

Wow see how much these forums have come alive like I told you they would? :) There seems to be more topics a day than there was in 3 days on the old forum!

Wow see how much these forums have come alive like I told you they would? :) There seems to be more topics a day than there was in 3 days on the old forum!

i agree with you ash bash, seems like the forum turns alive again Posted Image and all the members are enthusiastic again to post and participate, that's really great.

I was wondering if this is a new feature too:It keeps saying above the Reply box:"You can make 25 more posts today".Why is that?I thought it was the intention to post in order to gather MyCents.Have they put a restriction on that now?

The default of the new forum version 3 has spam fighting measures--such as limiting total allowed posts per day. This is just a default value, there are other things like limiting the number of images allowed in your signature.Currently we are working on the functionality of the forum--speed, error etc--and so this value is not adjusted as of this post.Please know that once we have made the forum to load and run smoothly we will review many, many default settings and values and will adjust to OUR needs; not what IPB script tells us :)Keep those testing results coming! You guys are the best beta testers I've seen in a long time. I especially appreciate testings done by web_designer for the facebook integration. Keep up the good work everybody!

i wonder what the "SHORT LINKS" tab is for??

i remembered someone mentioned that to me, but i didn't figure it out. but now i noticed that Posted Image, i thought the "most" topics are for the most topics viewed but i think there are topics viewed more than 10? and "latest" topics aren't the latest topics they are about 2-3 years ago. so anyone can explain that?

also, i want to test the Reputation UP. but i didn't know from where to start, in the profile there is something like this but it is not active, any way seems i lost in this new theme but i like it.

BH, or OpaQue, please fix this "You can make x more posts today" thing, and perhaps give us more PM space? I'm in a PM conversation with anwii, and it's annoying because my PM Inbox usage is near enough full :)