xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

Hey everyone,
So wisdom flags can be added by clicking on that little "plus" in the down-right corner of a post?

Sorry if that's been already answered and thanks for the answer ;)

Yup, Wisdom Flags or Rep. Points can be added to another user's post by clicking on the green '+' next to the 0 (the 0 represents the number of times they got wisdom flags for this post). If the number is more than 0, it means that someone else had already added wisdom flags, but you can add more and make it 2 or three or whatever the person had. Hope this answers your question, and anyone else who has a question about this :D

Well, thanks for your help, deadmad.
With my newly learned wisdom, I just gave you one Wisdom flag (or Reputation point, whatever we shall call it) for teaching me. :D

I hope you use it wisely! :)

Well, thanks Little_asterisk for the wisdom flag! :D I have now officially have my first wisdom flag :P

P.S. I think it's wiser to call it wisdom flag rather than reputation points :)

Ah it's good to see that the thread structure has been changed so that the first post appears on every page. I was hoping that this would happen from a long time. In fact, I had started a thread in the suggestions forum a year ago but it didn't get much response. Now I'm happy that indirectly my dream has come true :P

Ah it's good to see that the thread structure has been changed so that the first post appears on every page. I was hoping that this would happen from a long time. In fact, I had started a thread in the suggestions forum a year ago but it didn't get much response. Now I'm happy that indirectly my dream has come true 

agree with you simpleton, it is really a great way to help us in here. less navigation through the forum will help both the forums and the reader. thank you for that opaque and thank you simpleton for suggesting that earlier.

I'm really liking all of the new upgrades (except things like voting + and - on posts, because so many people disregard it that it's worthless).I don't remember seeing quick-reply before either, so that is a very, very nice upgrade to me, :P.Edit : About the first post showing on every page (as the previous posters noted), that threw me off at first. For example, a thread would show "8 pages" but only show one post.

Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

i absolutely HATE the first post being on every page. it's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard of. posts or conversations are supposed to go in chronological order. also, if we want to view another page, we have to see the same post over and over again. whoever had this not so bright idea needs to rethink it because it's the most ridiculous thing i ever saw! yea, sometimes when i am reading the thread, i am curious what the original post was about. but having it on every page is worse than having to click on the first page. come on. it can totally throw people off if there are multiple pages.

i absolutely HATE the first post being on every page. it's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard of. posts or conversations are supposed to go in chronological order. also, if we want to view another page, we have to see the same post over and over again. whoever had this not so bright idea needs to rethink it because it's the most ridiculous thing i ever saw! yea, sometimes when i am reading the thread, i am curious what the original post was about. but having it on every page is worse than having to click on the first page. come on. it can totally throw people off if there are multiple pages.

For those, like me, who want it changed back, here are the instructions:

In the top right hand corner, click the little downwards pointing triangle to the right of your username.

Click on "My Settings"

Click on the "Forums" tab

Under the "Notification Preferences" section (a title which has nothing to do with the content of that section...) change the last drop-down box from "Linear+" to "Standard"

Click "Save Changes"

As far as I know, it's always been an option that people could change for themselves, so why it was suddenly changed for all users without warning I have no idea :P

ahhhh1 that is good to know rvalkass! thank you! now i take back my post since we have this option of putting it back the NORMAL way :)i didn't think we had a choice. good deal!

Thanks for the information Rv. I did not know this could be changed but after reading over multiple threads it started to aggravate me too. Once I have read the first post I do not need to read it again, lol.

thank you rvalkass for the information,even i thought i checked all the options in the settings, but never saw this one before ;) . although i said before that i like the first topic appearing in every page because it shorten time of navigation for me, but i should admit it is boring to see it there too :).

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

Oh, so there was an option to turn this option on and off all the time? I guess it never occurred to me (and some other members) to try those options :) In any case, now it'll make our members happy and the guests won't be confused also, so it's a good thing.

I absolutely love the new forum platform. Please point and/or redirect my post if I am in the wrong area, but I have one concern regarding my profile page. With the advent of this new forum, my "about me" page disappears, on and off. It is as folows:

Welcome to my personal portal, fellow Member. I am honored to have you.

I am a hereditary Rosicrucian, meaning I was born into a family where previous generations were affiliated with both the American branch of the Mystical Order Rosae Crucis and regional Masonic lodges. I, however, am not comfortable in group settings where my physical presence is mandatory, so my youthful initiation into the Order of the Eastern Star went no further than a few awkward meetings. Happily, my dear mothers prolific library provided necessary fodder to move well beyond neophyte initiation. I soon came to realize the distinctions commonly made between Science and the occult are completely without merit, as much of what occurs in the unseen worlds can be explained quite scientifically, and vice versa. I credit a diverse background in Rosicrucian lineage and Catholic education for my current ideology.

On a more mundane level, I hold a Bachelors degree in Music/Fine Arts from Seattle University and performed music professionally for several years before embarking on a writing career. I approach life from an individualist perspective and my writing is often a unique reflection of this philosophy, often bordering on what some might deem misanthropic.

My work is frequently published at Lewrockwell.com, the worlds most widely read Libertarian publication. I am also featured at freedom-oriented talk shows, most recently appearing as guest on nationally syndicated Dr. Katherine Albrecht show (the Doctor of Digital Privacy).

As of late, my efforts to evade herd mentality have evolved into a morbid fascination with the lurid mechanics of group-think. Why, for example, do folk celebrate Christmas December 25 when Jesus was actually born around the spring equinox? Why don't more step outside the box to question the unilateral change of his birth date? There are deeper, esoteric issues at play here. Happily, Xistos diverse forum provides a wonderful microcosm of trends that affect humanity at large. Yall are my personal fish tank!

I feel it is incumbent on man to systematically identify and target external factors contributing to his own devolution, that is, if he wishes to reverse the trend. Each human is a star in the making; a God in the making. He need only cast off the shackles of social conditioning to realize this epiphany. As such, I call for a return to the self, where I feel true revelation lies.

It is a silly passage, I know. Yet it means something to me. Perhaps a learned mod/admin/staff, or other might tell me how to activate my "about me" page, and/or point me in the right direction to do so. Thank you, fellow Sutras! As always, I appreciate your help.

Misanthrope

I absolutely love the new forum platform. Please point and/or redirect my post if I am in the wrong area, but I have one concern regarding my profile page. With the advent of this new forum, my "about me" page disappears, on and off. It is as folows:

It is a silly passage, I know. Yet it means something to me. Perhaps a learned mod/admin/staff, or other might tell me how to activate my "about me" page, and/or point me in the right direction to do so. Thank you, fellow Sutras! As always, I appreciate your help.

Misanthrope

I'm guessing this is what you were looking for: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?s=fa8fd7b20857d9b05c92974d821512f5&&app=core&module=global&section=login&do=form

That should take you straight to your About Me editor. If it doesn't, do this:

1) Click your name in the top right of the forums (next to your avatar)
2) Click on "Edit Profile" in the top right
3) Left side - Click "Change Your About Me Page"

That should work, :).
Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

I'm guessing this is what you were looking for: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?s=fa8fd7b20857d9b05c92974d821512f5&&app=core&module=global&section=login&do=form
That should take you straight to your About Me editor. If it doesn't, do this:

1) Click your name in the top right of the forums (next to your avatar)
2) Click on "Edit Profile" in the top right
3) Left side - Click "Change Your About Me Page"

That should work, :).

I appreciate your apt suggestion, rpgsearcherz. And yes, I have visited the editor in question and attempted to reinstate my pitiful profile.....days, if not weeks ago. I I have loaded the page on repeated occasions. Sometimes "about me" loads, sometime not. I'm wondering if it's a cursory glitch in the upgrade or maybe something on my end.