xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

I appreciate your apt suggestion, rpgsearcherz. And yes, I have visited the editor in question and attempted to reinstate my pitiful profile.....days, if not weeks ago. I I have loaded the page on repeated occasions. Sometimes "about me" loads, sometime not. I'm wondering if it's a cursory glitch in the upgrade or maybe something on my end.

If clicking on "About Me" on your profile page (or anyone's profile page) does not display the relevant information, then it may be network related. The tabs in the profile page are mostly AJAX, which sends a request to the server and will only display the information if it receives a response. However, it is also possible that it is the browser's inability to properly load the JavaScript at the time. You can conclude what the problem is by testing it out in different browsers.

If what you were saying does not concern the profile page and its tabs, then i have misunderstood.

Thank you, TrueFusion. I have tested this out on other pages within the profile and indeed, they appeared to load properly on both Mac and Windows machines via the usual platforms. It is not a huge deal, though. I think what I'll do for the time being is simply post my "about me" drivel somewhere else within the profile page. I imagine this little glitch will resolve itself soon. Good to hear from you again, btw. Cheers,Misanthrope

Misanthrope, I fixed your profile by removing your signature which contained a lot of links, DIV and Javascript tags. Kindly restore your signature. I have PM'ed you the DATA of your old signature (as it is).-shree

Thank you, Shree! I will have to look into coming up with a different siggy. In the meantime the "about me" page is now working nicely.... :D

for anyone who uses the chat room, it has been buggy recently. we have been given an error message when we try to enter. it's almost like when we click to enter the chat room, the request gets stuck in a queue or something. i have successfully entered by hitting the back button and trying to enter again. sometimes it takes 20 attempts but eventually, you are able to enter. once you get in there, there are no worries. it's just when you try to enter the room.

20 attempts to get into chat? Only the true fans of chat will want to get in that bad!! :P

On another note, Where is the fast reply box? I was away for a few days and the first thing I noticed was that the fast reply box has mysteriously disappeared :( That was my primary tool for quick posting (what do you call it - spam?) The lack of it is indeed disturbing and I hope it's back soon.

20 attempts to get into chat? Only the true fans of chat will want to get in that bad!! :P

On another note, Where is the fast reply box? I was away for a few days and the first thing I noticed was that the fast reply box has mysteriously disappeared :( That was my primary tool for quick posting (what do you call it - spam?) The lack of it is indeed disturbing and I hope it's back soon.

It was removed, as well as the rich text editor. They were removed due to the posting issue (where posts were being lost). They may come back later though.

Oh, then i certainly hope that it is back soon. It feels kind of weird to have to wait for the reply page to load before typing in my reply. Anyway, if it solves the missing posts problem then I guess it's a good thing for now.EDIT: Oh good I was able to edit this - saved the trouble of a double post. Another bug to report -- the "Overall Top posters" link is taking me to my conversations page instead of showing the top posters page. The "Today's top 20" links is fine though.

Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

[sorry, this is a double post, my dear staff - please dun ban me :P ]

I have AUTOMATED the e-mail linking procedure. So most of the complaints related to mycent system about changing email address should be solved. Basically, you can now change your email address at forum and billing safely, without breaking the mycent system.

EDIT feature will work for all posts made after Thu, 06 May 2010 00:00:00 GMT. (just being precise)

Also, the added feature about MODERATORS/STAFF not getting the power to mess with myCENTs required a little change in DB structure, however... it killed the whole purpose of MyCENT in first place. I mean, myCENT was introduced to help moderation.. However, I programmed a method where myCENTs would still be used for moderation.. but in a way which will keep things transparent and at the same time also help us deal with spammers.

Negative MyCENTS will not cause Deduction at Billing Center. However, Negative MyCENTS will be stored in your account until you clear the balance. Previously, any spamming causing a negative MyCENT balance would affect your "real" credits.

Also, The EMAIL report containing "Accounted Posts" will give you number of only UPDATED/CHANGED/NEW posts only and not the total posts you have which were accounted.

My CODING of myCENT is complete and I m in the TESTING phase. However, If I find BUGS or any NEW idea.. I will shamelessly delay it further.. updating everyone, ofcourse :)If you are short of mycents, like I said, just PM me :)

FOR TICKET RELATED QUERIES, PM me and I will investigate your case personally.

OR kindly open NEW thread to complain (in mycent v4.0, Topics get more myCENTS than before :-) )

Peace... umm.. , actually, ENJOY and HAVE A BLAST - until we are back w/ myCENTS to TRAP you! XD

for anyone who uses the chat room, it has been buggy recently. we have been given an error message when we try to enter. it's almost like when we click to enter the chat room, the request gets stuck in a queue or something. i have successfully entered by hitting the back button and trying to enter again. sometimes it takes 20 attempts but eventually, you are able to enter. once you get in there, there are no worries. it's just when you try to enter the room.

Invision is Crying because of this. I am sure, its their Hosting Provider to blame. I have complained about it there, Hopefully, its fixed soon.
community.invisionpower.com/topic/314828-chat-is-down-once-again/

[sorry, this is a double post, my dear staff - please dun ban me ]

yeah it is a double post but we won't ban you ;) since it contains happy news for everyone :).
and aging you did a good job, do your best to finish it soon, thank you.

moderators don't have their mod abilities to ban anymore so the only one you have to watch out for is buffalohelp :) except.....can an admin ban an admin? i know moderators can't ban moderators. i tried once :)

I have AUTOMATED the e-mail linking procedure. So most of the complaints related to mycent system about changing email address should be solved. Basically, you can now change your email address at forum and billing safely, without breaking the mycent system.

EDIT feature will work for all posts made after Thu, 06 May 2010 00:00:00 GMT. (just being precise)

Also, the added feature about MODERATORS/STAFF not getting the power to mess with myCENTs required a little change in DB structure, however... it killed the whole purpose of MyCENT in first place. I mean, myCENT was introduced to help moderation.. However, I programmed a method where myCENTs would still be used for moderation.. but in a way which will keep things transparent and at the same time also help us deal with spammers.

Negative MyCENTS will not cause Deduction at Billing Center. However, Negative MyCENTS will be stored in your account until you clear the balance. Previously, any spamming causing a negative MyCENT balance would affect your "real" credits.

Also, The EMAIL report containing "Accounted Posts" will give you number of only UPDATED/CHANGED/NEW posts only and not the total posts you have which were accounted.

My CODING of myCENT is complete and I m in the TESTING phase. However, If I find BUGS or any NEW idea.. I will shamelessly delay it further.. updating everyone, ofcourse :)If you are short of mycents, like I said, just PM me :)

FOR TICKET RELATED QUERIES, PM me and I will investigate your case personally.

OR kindly open NEW thread to complain (in mycent v4.0, Topics get more myCENTS than before :-) )

Peace... umm.. , actually, ENJOY and HAVE A BLAST - until we are back w/ myCENTS to TRAP you! XD

Hey OpaQue, I've just gotten a nice note from the site about the MyCent system being back on track. That's great, and even better if I'm not dreaming. :D

You should post the news immediately, so everyone knows... Oops, I guess I've done that. Anyway, great to see that it's all been handled now (unless I'm dreaming :)). ;)

Dear all, myCENT v4.0 is Up! YaY!!! Please check your forums or Xisto - Support/billing for the update :)

I ran the script first to calculate the posts and 2 members were missed. I will manually update their credit.

7593 ... Rob Valkass

93501 ... alex gmark

Then the script was executed again to do adjustments and also distribute some bonus mycents for post date relevancy. The new script will give more credits to members depending on how soon a reply is made to a topic (after its created.. and ofcourse, the topic starter gets maximum credits for taking effort to start a topic) :)

This email just contains the extra amount each member got. Sorry, the first mail which included the actual credits was not delivered. However, I got the mails in my mailbox and I can mail it to you on request.

The Forum Profile should reflect the correct myCENTS and EARNINGS.

Xisto - Support Billing has been updated with the new Amount. If you remember your old balance, subtract to know about your myCENTS..(sorry again.. :P )

:EVIL: myCENT stats (since forum upgrade to v3.0) :P

web_designer made 46 USD from 443 posts. [HIGHEST]

truefusion leads by making 32 USD from 89 posts.

rpgsearcherz gets 31 USD from 160 posts.

k_nitin_r gets 23 USD from 98 posts.

Oooooooh! (I'm saying that in Homer Simpson's voice :D)Not that I'm sad about the myCent system being back on (because, as you can see, I'm thrilled about it), but I was kinda hoping to be in the first five to make money from posting. :DWhy, guess it's back to work for me now, isn't that right? But again, great having the system back on so I can track the earnings. Congrats to web_designer. :)

Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)