xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

everything i needed was in the recent posts and recent topics on the left hand side. didn't have to click anything i didn't want to and obviously spam is just obvious so i had everything i needed on the front page without clicking anything. ofcourse you have to click the topics you want to read or a post that needs moderating. my point is, there was more usefull information on the front page than there is now.

i agree with anwiii, the old one was much more easier to find the new contents. now we should use only the "view new content" which is not working properly. and i do prefer separate the new topics from the new posts. now if i want to make sure that i read all the new topics and posts, i should check " view new contents", "recently added topics", and "latest discussion" in portal tab.

I would suggest adding a serpate PAGE just for 'Active Content' named as 'What's New?' or 'Lastest Updates' or change to the 'Portal' to display the Top 10 Posters, Todays Top Posters, Hot Topics, Recently Added Topics, Recent Replys, and also Todays active content. This could be MORE useful than having it all in the frontpage.

great idea deadmad, i like your suggestion. may opaue read it and give it a try.

OK, i have a serious problem here guys. Whenever I write a post, it ends up with many BBCODES out of place , even when I didn't use any. I just wrote this normal post but BBCODES appear out of nowhere. It has been happening for the past 2 days (today and yesterday).

Take this one for example:

ize="""]What is Consciousness' one of the key questions of science and philosophy and I'm sure in time neuroscience will provide us with an answer. Almost certainly one that will prove any religion wrong. This has always been a classic debate for many people and it usually along with the 'life after death' theories and also 'the existence of God'. Somepeople have had near-death experiences in which they witness things they could not have saw without their out-of-body experience being true. This raises the fact that the conscousness is not an biological function but its something that is inside your body temporarily. The brain just acts as an 'container' for the consciousness. I have always thought of consciousness like this, because otherwise, our life and all its memories would be waste and our life will also be a waste.[[/co [/size]

You could see the 'size' and and 'font' BBCODES that are not supposed to be there. I hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise all my posts are going to look bad. :)

same for me deadmad, bbcode will appear whatever i write even a plain simple text. this problem happen for the last two weeks or even more and i reported before and i think buffelohelp replied, not sure. but i am sure they will fix it soon. just be patient Posted Image.

My Friends, The Forum is now updated officially to 3.1 and we are out of BETA.

Modules pending for installation :-

Blogs

Gallery

Content

MyCENT (last - postponed)

Testing and RESEARCH is still going on... Please give your feedbacks.

CONGRATULATION, for everyonefinally done. good work opaque. thank you for your hard working, and thanks for everyone who helped with that upgrade to be done, we always expect the best from you admins.?

Congratulations Opaque. Just a quick doubt - when I'm signed out (i.e. a guest for the forum) a bright new design appears with a new logo (which spells 'kknowledgesutra"!) and the posts look so out of place and broken down. When I'm signed in, however, there's no change in design and I still see the old IPB default theme. I tried to look for an option which would take me back to that bright theme but didn't find any. The point is, visitors wouldn't like that theme very much when they're reading threads, because the sidebar showing members' info looks broken and makes the page too long. It would be good to clean this up soon.

I'm sure quite a few members would agree that we need the myCENTs module more than the blogs, gallery and content (not sure which content you were referring to). I dunno if you've postponed it because it's not ready or due to some other reason, but if the module is ready then please try to install it before the other modules. I've already got two accounts suspended and my domains are next in line. (Yes we've been told to open a ticket but I tried that before and my account was suspended again after a day) So looking forward to the return of myCENTs soon and well done with the forum upgrade :)

Ok..So which theme did you like ? the one which spells kknowledgesutra in black and whiteor the oLD Blue theme?I must do all the upgrades to the forum and re-study the structure of the database. Any changes must be delt accordingly. Also, the new mycent system will aim towards using your interaction with the forums to gift you credits rather than using only POSTs to calculate mycents. Once the forum is upgraded to stable version with all modules perfectly working with each other without lags, I can study the parameters in hand to create a good script with many features using minimum code.i can launch a crude version of mycents and keep upgrading and building newer versions on top of it. I have done it before and its not a good approach. This time, I m simply not repeating my old mistakes again, This is the forth time I m CODING the same program for the same invision software. I am taking my own time to do things step by step... temporary losses are welcome. But silly security holes cannot be tolerated at any cost.New members will not suffer any post loss. The mycent script will calculate all your posts from the time of upgrade. I am doing this all alone and I m avoiding as many mistakes possible. Members who have posts and want a hosting account can mail us directly. Existing members who are short of mycents are being given free mycents. I m not lettting anyone suffer in this shift. But I need my time and space to do things step by step.Apart from this forum and international clients, there are my local clients whom I charge a BOMB for hosting (to earn.. lol) and I Have to give them 24/7 Phone Support. So life is tuff dealing with business & development. I enjoying keeping my PACE at a just noticeable velocity for everyone's happiness. :)

well i made a quick tour in the forums, and everything seem to work fine. the forums load faster than ever, all the links work fine, chat room, status, cpanal, pull down list and the bbcode in "about me" disappeared. only the portal tab shows blank page, maybe opaque still working on it. also that error about members name in member tab that i reported before is still. good luck.

I am taking my own time to do things step by step... temporary losses are welcome. But silly security holes cannot be tolerated at any cost.

well, take your time, i understand you fully. coding slowly and carefully will save time, because this way you will reduce errors that may happen. and errors takes a lot of time to be fixed. so continue what you are doing, we are here to back up you. good luck.

about the theme, i like the old one. seems more professional and blend together, maybe because i get use to it, but i like it.
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

So which theme did you like ? the one which spells kknowledgesutra in black and whiteor the oLD Blue theme?

The home page of the new theme was better than the old one, but the broken effect inside posts was not pleasant to see. If that were fixed then I guess I would vote for the new theme; the default theme is good but a change is always welcome.I suggest that members are allowed to switch between both themes so that they have a choice whenever they feel one particular theme is getting too boring.

I must do all the upgrades to the forum and re-study the structure of the database. Any changes must be delt accordingly. Also, the new mycent system will aim towards using your interaction with the forums to gift you credits rather than using only POSTs to calculate mycents. Once the forum is upgraded to stable version with all modules perfectly working with each other without lags, I can study the parameters in hand to create a good script with many features using minimum code.
i can launch a crude version of mycents and keep upgrading and building newer versions on top of it. I have done it before and its not a good approach. This time, I m simply not repeating my old mistakes again, This is the forth time I m CODING the same program for the same invision software. I am taking my own time to do things step by step... temporary losses are welcome. But silly security holes cannot be tolerated at any cost.

New members will not suffer any post loss. The mycent script will calculate all your posts from the time of upgrade. I am doing this all alone and I m avoiding as many mistakes possible. Members who have posts and want a hosting account can mail us directly. Existing members who are short of mycents are being given free mycents. I m not lettting anyone suffer in this shift. But I need my time and space to do things step by step.

Thank you very much for the time you're spending to make this forum a better place. I'm sure the wait will be worth it; can't wait to try out the new myCENT system soon :)

Members, I feel no point of having a GALLERY and hence dropping the whole idea of having a gallery here. There are a million times better websites to host gallery and this new Forum supports URL identification. So we encourage you to use IMG bbcodes using your favorite image host/gallery provider and for Videos, I have tested that YOUTUBE links works perfectly. Just drop in the Youtube link and see the magic :)[media]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ give your opinions.ENJOY!

err... quick question : what is the use of the portal? some quick review to the latest topics on the forum? :)and the blogs said that i don't have permission to view it... lol i guess it's not yet implemented :P

well the portal tab is as you said to show the latest activities in the forum. like the latest posts, the latest topics, the members who are now online..ect. i find it very useful, to make sure that i read all the latest posts in here.about the blog, i think opaque is still working on it, so let's wait and see.

youtube :):P This is gonna be fun Mr.OpaQue unless some SPAMMER comes in and creates some problem. Hope you have taken care of the same well in advance. The thing is that there are well, many number of videos which have some in proper content in you tube, and if there is some one who is gonna paste that link over here then the forum is gonna look bad. Do take care of the same.Another issue over here is that, in this forum there are people from all around the globe.And there are yet more few videos in youtube which are available for only few countries. I remember while attempting to watch a particular video , if i am right it is the olympic opening ceremony, It said it was not available. But when i used a proxy and showed up like i am connecting from UK then that video was available for me. In such a case in this forum some one might post a video and there might be so many comments on the same , suddenly for some it might show up video is not available. At this point the member shouldnt get confused or shouldnt think that others are posting comments on something that is not available, so probably they must be cooking up.Do take these things into account and do the necessary :D