xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

We're not necessarily missing that. In the upper right corner below the search box, you'll see the words "View New Content." This will show the latest content since your last session.

yes we are, because i have to agree with him 100%. it is NOT the same. i loved viewing the newest topics and posts. the top 20 or so made it VERY EASY to navigate and everything was on the home page. now you have to click more to navigate. therefore, it is not as user friendly and it's a change i personally do not like even if you can point out the things that may seem similar.

I have been out of the fray for some time and have to say, what a difference a day makes, or in my case, several months of ill-earned hiatus. I am thoroughly impressed with the many improvements I see here, least of all, the forum name change to "Xisto." This namesake is right up my Gnostic alley. I like it, I want more of it, and think the internet community would concur. Kudos to whoever thought up and possessed the enlightened fortitude to adopt this timely name. After all, it's about time Knowledge kicks some ignorant hind end, wouldn't you say? We've dwelt in the dark of Plato's proverbial cave long enough. But enough of my drivel.I have a but a fleeting concern regarding the version (3?) in question: I cannot get my "about me" page to post. It appears I can edit this section but it won't actually render for other members to view. I know the lot of you can't wait to hear the horrendous details that lurk therein:)

I have a but a fleeting concern regarding the version (3?) in question: I cannot get my "about me" page to post. It appears I can edit this section but it won't actually render for other members to view. I know the lot of you can't wait to hear the horrendous details that lurk therein:)

you are right. i can't view it either. try to edit it without any html or bb codes. just plain text and see if that works first.....

Hmm, sorry to bug you guys again but what happened to mycents ? can we get any alert or something when they come back ? i'm need of those :/@BH, any idea ?

Yes, its 80% done. Just BETA testing is pending. And it will be launched.

for you and anyone else in need of paying for your hosting with mycents, and don't have sufficient credit because of this transition phase, you will need to write a support ticket with attention opaque so he can review it personally. i would also suggest to send him a pm with the ticket #. there is no update yet when the new credit system will be in place but it is advisable and encouraged to keep posting so that when it is implimented, you will get paid for your posts while in this transition phase.

Thanks Anwii. Please do this if you are falling short of mycents to pay your invoices. Your case will be discussed with staff and solved.

Luckilly I am still fine fornow. I just hope the myCENTs are fixed by the time my hosting account gets suspended. :D

Don't Worry, We are here.

I just added $50 from paypal I never really use mycents or care about mycents any more. I only post here for the community :). I would suggest some of you adding $10 to your Xisto account if you are low because its a nightmare to get your site unsuspended. Trust me I've been there.

thanks.. Call it a donation. LOL.

I am coming after a few months interval to this knowlegesutra..before this period the name of this forum was Xisto.But so many facilities are missing here.For Example,Inn Xisto , we had the facility to see the last 10 posts.will the administrators include that things too??

I am a very slow coder because I have to be just 1 step ahead of my hacker members. Don't worry, I will roll it out soon once I m confident. Testing is done daily.

We're not necessarily missing that. In the upper right corner below the search box, you'll see the words "View New Content." This will show the latest content since your last session.

Yes, Latest New Topics since Last Session. Latest New Posts should be implemented in the UPGRADE. I have contacted INVISION SALES to in-corporate more products like GAlleery, Blogs, Download etc. This is also coming.. Keep fingers crossed XD

This is toward OpaQue: I don't know what your gonna do mate, I mean, IP.Board 3.1 is in Stable Release stage now...will you be upgrading the forum? Can't you just hire a few php coders or something to help you?

Yup, I have studied the process of DOWNGRADE from BETA and UPGRADE to 3.1. I m just waiting for a SALES response which is USA TIME. I m from India and have to face LAGG while communicating on TICKETS.

Thanks to my present business model, we work while you sleep :P But , we do it steadily. So please be patient. Let the new features and changes roll smoothly.

Thank you,

shree

I have been out of the fray for some time and have to say, what a difference a day makes, or in my case, several months of ill-earned hiatus. I am thoroughly impressed with the many improvements I see here, least of all, the forum name change to "Xisto." This namesake is right up my Gnostic alley. I like it, I want more of it, and think the internet community would concur. Kudos to whoever thought up and possessed the enlightened fortitude to adopt this timely name. After all, it's about time Knowledge kicks some ignorant hind end, wouldn't you say? We've dwelt in the dark of Plato's proverbial cave long enough. But enough of my drivel.
I have a but a fleeting concern regarding the version (3?) in question: I cannot get my "about me" page to post. It appears I can edit this section but it won't actually render for other members to view. I know the lot of you can't wait to hear the horrendous details that lurk therein:)

Sorry for the first impression you got about us, but we have to do a lot of research considering the amount of TRAFFIC we get. And understanding NEEDS of all is BIGGEST priority. Just for some members, making the others suffer(guests) is something I m against... strictly. Guests drive the traffic to this forum and its because of Guests we exist. We hope, everyone thinks about this and creates a good impression to all.

I am very Glad to hear that you liked the new Name. Its a new word for this domain name. If in future, we get an even better name, We will ADOPT the new name for this domain. It really does not matter much. We have a challenge in place where if you suggest us a new name with your VERSION of VISION for this website to help right people come here, we will buy your name for $100. you can register the domain name using mycents before giving it to us as gift. Only when we PAY/CREDIT you $100, you can ALLOW the transfer of the domain to Xisto.

The name Xisto has a STRONG spiritual message and I hope we succeed in creating the RIGHT community with the RIGHT people. We aim to be the top 1000 website in the world. I hope, Plato will be happy to see kknowledgeSutra.

Thank you.

-shree

yes we are, because i have to agree with him 100%. it is NOT the same. i loved viewing the newest topics and posts. the top 20 or so made it VERY EASY to navigate and everything was on the home page. now you have to click more to navigate. therefore, it is not as user friendly and it's a change i personally do not like even if you can point out the things that may seem similar.

User-friendliness deals with how complex it is to perform any given task. The only thing that would become slightly difficult when comparing it to the old layout is finding the link itself. But the position where the link is currently located is near the spot where "View New Posts" used to be (which more users have probably relied on more than the simple list on the index page); the RSS icon may even help lead the eye. And there is more benefit with clicking the link and entering the page it links to than just having a simple list of the latest posts.

User-friendliness deals with how complex it is to perform any given task. The only thing that would become slightly difficult when comparing it to the old layout is finding the link itself. But the position where the link is currently located is near the spot where "View New Posts" used to be (which more users have probably relied on more than the simple list on the index page); the RSS icon may even help lead the eye. And there is more benefit with clicking the link and entering the page it links to than just having a simple list of the latest posts.

well that's a matter of opinion then. i don't know how clicking more links to get to a destination is more user friendly in your eyes, but so be it. there is a similar discussion going on about the chat room. people don't want to click to enter. they want a chat box at the top of the page. also, how can you even say anything is near what used to be latest posts and topics? there is absolutely no menues on the left hand side of this forum.

The name Xisto has a STRONG spiritual message and I hope we succeed in creating the RIGHT community with the RIGHT people. We aim to be the top 1000 website in the world. I hope, Plato will be happy to see kknowledgeSutra.

Thank you for inviting loyal members to contribute to this worthy endeavor, Shree. You are to be commended for stepping outside the stifling prison of mediocracy the lot of humanity finds itself in; and moreover, possessing the pioneering fortitude to push forward, as the few before us who actually possessed the vision to create a better a world. A world, mind you, that tries with all it's might and rancor to shackle Genius, Greatness, Goodness. I would like to think, in some small way, my long-standing presence here has already inspired a shift toward the inner-directed, spiritual direction I happily see this fine forum headed - or, if nothing else, an appreciation for fine spirits and satirically-driven conversation. At any rate, I am proud to join your lofty ranks in reaching toward this Gnostic end.

Now, bring me a beer! (and a shot of single malt Scotch to savor this priceless moment).

Platonically,
Misanthrope

Thanks for replying.. your post makes my day. LOL.as Usual, to understand your posts, I gotta refer my wiki Bible. I am thinking of developing a module for members here which can harness the power of wikipedia. I just don't know/understand how.. If someone gave me ideas of how WIKI knowledge is helpful to our members while posting, things would be soooo lot easier for noobs like me to post in at Xisto, now our new avatar - kknowledgeSutra.While i get the beer, please put some firewood n make some green healthy smoke. LOL.Warm Regards,shree

Hehe....now that I've got some ale down my thirsty gullet courtesy his Enlightened Guruship, I can finally get on to firing up the green, healthy smoke he so desires, and rightfully so! He has certainly earned the right to a little R&R. Wouldn't you all agree? If no, I'm afraid I shall have to take you to task.

Speaking of, can anyone here help him (and us) implement and incorporate wikepidia to this end? I have no knowledge of this. I'm afraid my disciplines are thus far limited to fine arts, esoterica, linguistic acrobatics, and mostly.... beer. Oh, and satire. Please keep in mind, Gentle Reader, that his success, is OUR success!

you are right. i can't view it either. try to edit it without any html or bb codes. just plain text and see if that works first.....

Thanks for trying to help, Anwii. I'll keep messin' around and see if I can't get it to work. There are things in my "about me" page I simply must share with the unwitting, unsuspecting masses. Oh, the horror!

i recently get this error when i try to enter the chat room

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

even when i already was signing in the forum and everything work fine, but it appears only when i try to enter the chat room. it almost has been fixed after i sign out and sign in again.

The Chat System has an authentication code which communicates with invision servers before connecting you to the chat. So now, because of a new server coming in action... the chances of failure are more. But this has been thought and done for good by invision and its best we give them more time to effectively manage the CHAT system through their central server. I am not sure as of now, if the chat is executed directly from the hosted services of Invision or if it is using our server resources. God knows.. bye bye :)

well that's a matter of opinion then. i don't know how clicking more links to get to a destination is more user friendly in your eyes, but so be it. there is a similar discussion going on about the chat room. people don't want to click to enter. they want a chat box at the top of the page. also, how can you even say anything is near what used to be latest posts and topics? there is absolutely no menues on the left hand side of this forum.

So you've never used the "View New Posts" link from the previous version? It was very helpful, but not as helpful as the current implementation. Now i don't even have to enter the topic to see the last post (and determine whether it is spam or not), nor do i have to enter the topic to see if it is interesting; i can do that straight from the "View New Content" section. I can now also moderate the topics from there too. If you do not find this an increase in user-friendliness, then i do not know what you would. If clicking a link that is found on every page such a major task just to view *exactly* what they want, then it may be the case that any small thing can be major in their eyes.

everything i needed was in the recent posts and recent topics on the left hand side. didn't have to click anything i didn't want to and obviously spam is just obvious so i had everything i needed on the front page without clicking anything. ofcourse you have to click the topics you want to read or a post that needs moderating. my point is, there was more usefull information on the front page than there is now.

everything i needed was in the recent posts and recent topics on the left hand side. didn't have to click anything i didn't want to and obviously spam is just obvious so i had everything i needed on the front page without clicking anything. ofcourse you have to click the topics you want to read or a post that needs moderating. my point is, there was more usefull information on the front page than there is now.

The simple problem with all this is that this theme / Skin is kind of 'huge' and it really doesn't have that much features, so I would suggest coding this theme some more and make it more 'Xisto-ish' and add more widget options before we can add all that in that frontpage. Having it all in the front page does not make it easy to navigate at ALL! It makes it all jumbled up -- I would suggest adding a serpate PAGE just for 'Active Content' named as 'What's New?' or 'Lastest Updates' or change to the 'Portal' to display the Top 10 Posters, Todays Top Posters, Hot Topics, Recently Added Topics, Recent Replys, and also Todays active content. This could be MORE useful than having it all in the frontpage.

I would seriously recommend changing to a new theme as soon as the myCENTS are installed. I seriously despise this theme :)