xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

First of all, sorry for posting in this thread guys, but I couldn't resist.. I'm sure you'll know exactly how that feels :) Anyway, onto the math ..

WD already created a separate thread for this issue and yet you had to reply in here :P At least now, let us please stick to the topic, i.e, discussing the forum upgrade, in this thread and keep everything else in the correct place.

recently, i noticed a strange thing is happening in here, even after mycent backed to work a lot of errors are fixed, but sometimes i can't see all the members that are signing in online, they don't show up in the bottom of the forum that they are online but suddenly i receive a pm from them or see a post they made. so anyone experiences the same error or it is just me?

recently, i noticed a strange thing is happening in here, even after mycent backed to work a lot of errors are fixed, but sometimes i can't see all the members that are signing in online, they don't show up in the bottom of the forum that they are online but suddenly i receive a pm from them or see a post they made. so anyone experiences the same error or it is just me?

This may not be a bug at all - members have the option to sign in as 'invisible', i.e., they won't be added to the list of active users. This option is available to everyone while signing in - a small check box - so you can go around the forum doing everything as usual, and your name won't be added to the list at the bottom of the forum.

Few bugs are there in the new forums:1. Posts are getting deleted (i can name few of my posts here which are in no way violating any terms or free speech or etc but got deleted).2. Some threads are on "mod approval" for replies and i didn't get 2 of my replies approved (thread- "mycent update" TS: rpgsearcherz)3. Post count on profile page and post count on forum reply author box are not synced so there is error in post counter.4. Please place a link at top navigation for active topics/replies in forums, it's painful to scroll at the bottom and view the active threads/replies.

This may not be a bug at all - members have the option to sign in as 'invisible', i.e., they won't be added to the list of active users. This option is available to everyone while signing in - a small check box - so you can go around the forum doing everything as usual, and your name won't be added to the list at the bottom of the forum.

really? :o
thanks for telling me that :) now i will search for that check box and sign in, in invisible mode and do whatever i want to in the forums without letting anyone to see me ;) i will spam you guys :D .

Few bugs are there in the new forums:
1. Posts are getting deleted (i can name few of my posts here which are in no way violating any terms or free speech or etc but got deleted).
2. Some threads are on "mod approval" for replies and i didn't get 2 of my replies approved (thread- "mycent update" TS: rpgsearcherz)

These two I noticed, too.
The site also does not allow you to edit your posts sometimes. Strange.

3. Post count on profile page and post count on forum reply author box are not synced so there is error in post counter.

I actually like this feature (YES! IT is a feature and not bug) because I can check how many posts I have made in sections that count and in my profile page i can check all the posts i have EVER did -- which differs about 80 posts right now. So, its actually helpful. And I DONT think we should sync those... those are very helpful :D

really? :o thanks for telling me that :) now i will search for that check box and sign in, in invisible mode and do whatever i want to in the forums without letting anyone to see me ;) i will spam you guys :D .

LoL wd.. You're just going to be absent from the list of active users.. Not really sure how that helps you!

And ya , I've also had problems with the mod approval posts. The funny thing is I don't think it is thread specific. I have had that on a thread to which I had already replied, where I don't think it asked for approval. Strange!

really? :o thanks for telling me that :) now i will search for that check box and sign in, in invisible mode and do whatever i want to in the forums without letting anyone to see me ;) i will spam you guys :D .

The invisible trick works as long as you're just reading/viewing the forums. As soon as you make a post, or chat in the chat room, someone would surely notice that you're active ;) So this feature is best for those people who just like to read the new threads and posts and wouldn't like to take part in any other activity.

So this feature is best for those people who just like to read the new threads and posts and wouldn't like to take part in any other activity.

Then why would anyone really want to come to a forum if you don't want to interact with people? That's just useless in my opinion. It could work for this forum though -- if your a mycent freak :D Good thing no one does that kind of thing... don't get a idea you lonely people.

Then why would anyone really want to come to a forum if you don't want to interact with people? That's just useless in my opinion. It could work for this forum though -- if your a mycent freak :D Good thing no one does that kind of thing... don't get a idea you lonely people.

This feature comes along with the forum package; it wasn't made specifically for us! :P It may not make much sense over here, where people want to post, but in other forums it could be a useful feature where someone might just want to read something useful and leave quietly.

Are pictures no longer allowed? All I see is "Posted Image" :blink:

Nope, they are still allowed. The 'Posted Image' problem is just another problem we are facing right now... it really sucks because most of the images on the forum aren't showing up for me now, even the LOGO! and the thing under the rank... all i see is a whole bunch of 'PIP PIP PIP'. What the heck is the problem with the forum? and why does some of the similes like (XD) and (FART) and (ANGEL) not working now?

i am not sure where to post that, since the upgrade problems are ended long time ago. but i thought this topic is the best place. i was wandering in the forum as usual and found broken links:- the overall posters navigates to "my conversation" in my profile. - in "members" tab i was trying to find a certain member according to the alphabetic order, but when i tried to use the "jump to page" feature which it should navigate me to a certain page number, it didn't. it just returned me to the page i was standing on.so, i hope one of the administrators see my post and fix them.

I think most of the members are facing database errors on their hosting. Besides that servers are frequently down. So i guess KS is also facing similar issues. Is there any admin active who can notify us about the errors on servers ? Take a look at some KS bugs as well.