xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

youtube This is gonna be fun Mr.OpaQue unless some SPAMMER comes in and creates some problem. Hope you have taken care of the same well in advance. The thing is that there are well, many number of videos which have some in proper content in you tube, and if there is some one who is gonna paste that link over here then the forum is gonna look bad. Do take care of the same.

Another issue over here is that, in this forum there are people from all around the globe.And there are yet more few videos in youtube which are available for only few countries. I remember while attempting to watch a particular video , if i am right it is the olympic opening ceremony, It said it was not available. But when i used a proxy and showed up like i am connecting from UK then that video was available for me. In such a case in this forum some one might post a video and there might be so many comments on the same , suddenly for some it might show up video is not available. At this point the member shouldnt get confused or shouldnt think that others are posting comments on something that is not available, so probably they must be cooking up.

Do take these things into account and do the necessary

you have good points here, opaque you should pay attention to these points, if anyone used not properĀ  vedio links, then the forum will looks really bad.

and the second point shows what i am suffering here, youtube is forbidden in turkey so i can't open it. so what do you think?

Hi!It's been a while since I've been on the forum... perhaps a couple of weeks. There haven't been any changes to the core functionality, but I did notice that when I click somewhere in the text editor, the cursor disappears. The cursor appears normally while I type, but when I click with the mouse cursor on any blank line within the textbox, the cursor just goes poof! To pull the magic rabbit out of the hat, I need to type in a character and then hit backspace... it's a workaround and not something I'd want to do. Perhaps it's because I'm using Google Chrome? Chrome has always been very buggy for me - sometimes the web page isn't displayed in the entire window - a 'ghost area' appears at the bottom of the window thus reducing the viewing area. No matter what people say about the speed of Google Chrome, I still want a reliable browser that I can use without having to restart it and lose my tabs and sessions.@nirmaldanielI'm more excited about having additional functionality than about disabling something for spammers. There's usually a moderator online who can delete the spam messages within a couple of minutes of them being posted online.

I have used javascript, php and ajax technology and I understand the challenges involved in making a perfect TEXT EDITOR which is advanced enough to recognize copy-pasted html data as well as intelligent enough to understand bbcode formatting. Presenting the user the a good WYSIWYG feel securely is difficult.

Watch out guys. By the looks of those "CAPITALS" in some of OpaQue's WORDS and SENTENCES I think we are putting him under a little PRESSURE and HEAT. :)

Watch out guys. By the looks of those "CAPITALS" in some of OpaQue's WORDS and SENTENCES I think we are putting him under a little PRESSURE and HEAT.Ā 

yeah sky,

he already under pressure now because all the mess here that he tried to fix, so he needs our support and patience not more pushing or more stress.Ā 

anyway things are better now than two weeks ago, thanks for your hard working opaque, and waiting for more.

yeah sky,
he already under pressure now because all the mess here that he tried to fix, so he needs our support and patience not more pushing or more stress.Ā 

anyway things are better now than two weeks ago, thanks for your hard working opaque, and waiting for more.

Haha... a guy under pressure from writing codes? Writing codes is easy and fun... for most and i bet it is for OpaQue :) I think those BIG WORDS are for emphasis on SOME of the words and it isn't anything about pressure , tension or stress or something. Ā 

Haha... a guy under pressure from writing codes? Writing codes is easy and fun... for most and i bet it is for OpaQue I think those BIG WORDS are for emphasis on SOME of the words and it isn't anything about pressure , tension or stress or something. Ā 

well deadmad, it is fun when you write code for yourself and have all the time you want. not when your site is still working online in a mess and users complaining and pushing you. when you know that you loose visitors, members and traffics every day, then sure you will be stressed and under pressure.Ā 

btw: it is fun to see you how you always take things so easily Ā :)Ā keep on this spirit deadmad.

well, i reported this before, that "view new content" is not working properly. but the last two day, i think it hardly works properly. before the "view new contents" misses one post or two. but the last two days, it missed a lot of new contents and topics. i know opaque is editing the forums these days so it is obvious to get some errors but since you told us to report anything that not work properly so i decided to report this.and opaque, i liked these sweet colored balls in the footer of the forums, REALLY like them a lot. especially what appears when cross mouse over them "don't be evil"? :), really so funny. good work admin.

One more Update, Reputation points are now called "Wisdom Flags". No Negative points allowed. These can give mycents to you.. not coded yet.

One more Update, Reputation points are now called "Wisdom Flags". No Negative points allowed. These can give mycents to you.. not coded yet.

well done opaque, i think "wisdom flags" is a better name than "reputation points" and more related to the deep meaning of the forum " a quest for wisdom through knowledge". good choice opaque.

well done opaque, i think "wisdom flags" is a better name than "reputation points" and more related to the deep meaning of the forum " a quest for wisdom through knowledge". good choice opaque.

Sure, the touch of 'Wisdom' is good but what does the other part 'flags' mean, it would make MUCH more sense if it would have been 'Wisdom points' or something.?

Wisdom PointsWisdom FlagsI feel points is too small compared to a flag. Flag makes it feel big? what say?:)

I feel points is too small compared to a flag. Flag makes it feel big? what say?

yeah, flags make it a big deal more than points, i prefer to get flags than points. maybe there is a better word but nothing crossing in my mind now, if i get something i will post it here.

Hi!I've got a quick question about wisdom flags (or whatever they will be called in future when someone comes up with a new name that everybody on the forum wants to take up). How do they work? Are they a kind of a multiplier for MyCENTs from a post, or do they add extra MyCENTs to those already earned on a post?

Hi!

I've got a quick question about wisdom flags (or whatever they will be called in future when someone comes up with a new name that everybody on the forum wants to take up). How do they work? Are they a kind of a multiplier for MyCENTs from a post, or do they add extra MyCENTs to those already earned on a post?

i think they said before that wisdom flags is a way for saying thank you for someone, to thank him just give him a wisdom flag. and as opaque said in another topic that it will add something to your mycent, check this link.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/72075-mycent-its-still-inactive-resolved/page-4