xisto Community
OpaQue

What do you feel about the name TRAP17?

I suppose it couldn't hurt to park a new domain, that maybe is a bit more obvious for example: posthost or something simular.Xisto has alway to me sounded like a "catch22" trap and catch having simular meanings and 22 & 17 both being well... numbers, intergers whatever you want to call them

I don?t think one can underestimate the importance of a name, and Xisto?s CEO rightly exercises sound business savvy in polling his customers on his personally created namesake. Many self start-ups lack the detached humility necessary to achieve the level of success we all benefit from at Xisto.com. Obviously, the name has worked so far, despite the initial confusion most users experience upon hearing the name. The thing is, its? not necessary users comprehend the name on a conscious level, and one need look no further than ?Yahoo? or ?Google? to grasp this simple concept.

That being said, a revised name would undoubtedly open more markets. Marketing agencies employ talented folks well versed in culture creation and human psychology to achieve this very thing. The key, I believe is, is coming up with a name that taps into your desired market?s psychological archetype(s), but this poses complications when attempting cross-cultural and/or international appeal, as is the case here. Still, it?s certainly doable. Where there's a will....

Well when I first heard the name was kind of weird, like I was getting in something bad, because of the trap part of the name, but once you're in it's just a name for a good service, you get use to it.

Well when I first heard the name was kind of weird, like I was getting in something bad, because of the trap part of the name, but once you're in it's just a name for a good service, you get use to it.

It's very cool and quite contradictory to what happens here! lol!

You don't get trapped..nah..you get the best you can afford!

It's a very cool name and i think it's catchy!

Actually I don't know, What is Xisto ??Trap that means Catch something but What is catching up this website ?And I don't know about 17.As admin tells this website created with great story. I think this website have to keep it up.

The first time ,i saw Xisto,i opined that it maybe a website which play tricks.haha:)Trap,conceptually,means a contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamplike device that springs shut suddenly.I think,this website is a concealed pit which make people come here , and posts follow posts,hehe:)Good luck :D

I thought it meant something as like Trap was a secret in the Web that few people know about. The 17 threw me off thinking either its been in business for 17 years, or well that is the year it started in, not the site of course but the company itself. I find that its not really professional or well something that looks safe because the name itself looks rather scary for some people who haven't seen too many sites around here. I would like to see something different, but then again, after looking at the Forum and everything, if they trust over 75K members, then I believe that its fine.

After reading how Xisto got it's name I now understand it all. I had always felt that the name meant once your hear your trapped and can't get out :DKinda like the song Hotel Californa.

Trap17 Definitely doesn't sound like a site about webhosting or anything related to computer content. I personally think a name that had a little more relativity would be more effective, but i guess the off-subject name gives the site a little bit of originality...lol. Keep It!!

i really didnt have a name with the name Xisto at all at first.but jlhaslip told me that the name came from that we are trapped and cant leave. so i asked him why? than he says we can but it will be painful. then i say what will happen if you leave? the creator of Xisto will come and cut off all your limbs. i got in a argument with him over this,rather shameful i must say. :D

One question (not serious), why use the number seventeen in particular? What does it refer to? (Now mayber 2 questions....)

To quote OpaQue's explanation:

I used to play CS in a gaming zone at my place called Xisto. I used to waste 8 hours out of my life,everyday in that place and I kept doing it for about 2-3 years! After which that gaming zone was converted into a Gaming Shop where now Game CD's are sold. Its name was changed from Xisto to Cobra!

Now that I know the history of Trap 17, I have some more questions.OpaQue said that the zone changed its name from Trap 17 to Cobra, then is this site some sort of memorial for Trap 17?To my feel about Trap 17, I think it should be more game themed as it originates from a gaming zone in CS. May be encourage more of CS topics?