xisto Community
OpaQue

What do you feel about the name TRAP17?

lol it's a good name. And it suits the ideal of this forum. If you wish for free hosting. You get trapped into having to post a few times every month to pay for your hosting. Though, not sure where the 17 bit came from o-O

Maybe the Admin was 17? :) When I've heard about the site I was like "Trap? lol" I also thought this was some sort of spam site since it was recommended by a friend of mine xD but well, it's an imaginative name lol.

What do you feel about the name Xisto .. What impression do you get about the site.

Xisto, i feel is something wiered. like i dont know what actually u meant by 17...
but as far as this forums are concerned, I feel its something different than the topics discussed.
my 1st impression regarding this name is : trap the visitors in 17 different ways....like catch them at any cost! :-)
Edited by iworld200 (see edit history)

In my opinion (don't reprimand me for this), Xisto sounds a bit cheap and sound like one of those scam sites that usually have digits in them...I don't know... the name Xisto was one of the reasons why I didn't participate and sign up earlier, as the name set bells ringing in my head warning my that it's a potential scam site.But the members on it were pretty nice and they sound very normal and supportive, and not one person (or more, like a group) making all those posts saying how good it is when it's actually not.Also, the free hosting domain is hard to type with numbers in it (.trap17.com)... I would prefer something that sounds for professional, like xysis and tuckie would be much much more better than Xisto. But since I have come here I have decided that you cannot judge a website by it's looks, just like the fact that you can't judge a book by its cover, and I have grown to love Xisto and it's community (with the members in it, of course) in my short period of stay and I can't wait till the script bugs and servers get solved so I can start my website. ;)I'll be patient, trust me. :P

Strange name!!! This was my first reaction.I have just joined the forum. In fact this is just my second post. I should say the name is strange in an intriguing way.The word trap might signify something like catch,hold,capture,conquer or something like that.But I really don't know what the number 17 could possibly signify.It might just be a random number or might have some relevant meaning behind it ...the administrator might know.

if i knew nothing about Xistoi would think its some hatred or suicidal site, the name just sounds obscure to me"like we are trapped here" and 17 for mmh.. the year the world will end? hahahits a unique name, nothing to do with hosting i think though.. maybe the forums, redirecting to the VENT but thats it

Trap17 is a pretty good name imo, think of it this way. When your looking for a free host you'll instantly bump into things like freehost.com free500web.com or something of that ilk, its only the people who are really looking for a decent host that would look so far as to find Xisto.com meaning that your eliminating most of the idiots who are just looking for a totally free ride. i know i spent several months trying and finding new hosts before i stumbled upon trap.in summation the fact that Trap makes no references to its purpose in the title could really be considered a blessing. to change it now after so many years could also kill it. imagine Mcdonalds become Fastburger or something.

Usually i dont complain... and i suppose im not really complaining, but when i first heard the name "Xisto" and began researching it, one my main priorities was to search if it was an illegitimate site or something. It's a catchy name and it is a totally innocent site/community for those who know, but... to an initial recruit who has never come accross the site before via googling, may be very unsure or hesitant about coming aboard.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Really nice name if you ask me :lol:Easy to remember, really "cool" not that lame names like freehostforyou.com (i don't even know if that exists but i'm trying to prove a point ;D) and well the most important thing, who gives a damn? you guys still have the best host from what i understand xD

The name is very special if i should say.I like it so much and it is very popular.But why i don't feel good things because of the name,i feel good things because of this very good forum with lots of users and very much active and dynamic.There is no other forum with this function,mycents and with billing and support area.Something witch is very weird for me is from where trap gets that much money for all that domains like Xisto and Xisto - Support and there were others...Name trap for me gives me some old feeling.Number 17 reminds me on purple colour :)

The name is very special if i should say.I like it so much and it is very popular.But why i don't feel good things because of the name,i feel good things because of this very good forum with lots of users and very much active and dynamic.There is no other forum with this function,mycents and with billing and support area.Something witch is very weird for me is from where trap gets that much money for all that domains like Xisto and Xisto - Support and there were others...Name trap for me gives me some old feeling.Number 17 reminds me on purple colour biggrin.gif

I think no one will believe me, but when I first heard the name Xisto, I strangely felt that it had something to do with video games - and imagine my surprise after finding out that it is really related to video games (read the Xisto story for more details :) ) I think that's enough to say how special the name is to me. And as for how trap generates money, there are the ads, and also the members who pay for their hosting rather than use myCENTs.

First time i found information about trap,that is web program (or if you hate program-website) for earning money.First time i saw the link i was a little suprised how stupid is to read that name and i was thinking that is lie.Now i like the name so much and i know it is not lie because i have bought domain name few weeks ago,now i am ignoring the website,because it was personal and there wasn't fun like my new idea,creating portal.I never felt video games when i was wondering how trap looks like.But i do not know why i was ignoring that much good site,Xisto.Now i am very good poster here. People,how much more you click on ads,that much more you help.Trap is WONDERFUL

sure is pretty easy to remember but its still kind of bad, i mean trap? trapping us or what? =P they decided for the name then they could't change to anything else because they might lose people maybe