xisto Community
OpaQue

What do you feel about the name TRAP17?

you know, when i first thought about it it kind of just had my mind going in circles... i really thought what in the heck does Xisto mean?? ... but I like that theres a story behind it. I like that it comes from a personal place, a personal experience. I've played cs and a whole bunch of other games so i know how engaging and close that environment can be :D .. sometimes a name just kind of sticks with you and you only feel comfortable with that one name..

I though about the name again and the history. Just of casual:Did OpaQue create this name? - Trap 17If not, it seems like just copying other names - my feeling.To my thoughts, a more original name may be interesting and making it more personal.What do you think?

What do you feel about the name Xisto .. What impression do you get about the site.

I love the concept of the system but I think the name should be changed. When I think of the word trap I think of getting caught. Of course I am now a recently registered member who understands the site.

There could be a chance that the name will scare some people away. Do you agree?

When I first look at Xisto it remind me of half-life 2's City17. LOL.Just a name change would be good. On the other hand it would be unnecessary because of the fabulous/awesome service you guys offer.

Why its name is Trap.When I heard firstly,I thought about the spider's web which is placed to catch insects for their food.....Can U Specify the exact meaning of Xisto?I don't think about the Xisto's services.These talks and fprums are helpful me to Study a lot about Software ,Computers and also to clear my doubts..Thank You very much for all services.Who is the person behind for this good website Xisto?(I mean who brought up this site firstly?)

Edited by tinoymalayil (see edit history)

My third day here. Honestly, my first impression was: "Interesting name... hmm... better than these others, lemme check it out."Then I had the chance to start reading the forums a bit. I was already impressed with the general idea, but to see it in action was a whole other little beastie. And I love it.I don't find the name bothersome or intimidating in the slightest, and it's actually already grown on me (especially since I read the story behind the name).Great job, OpaQue, and keep up the good work! You've earned an enthusiastic supporter here!:P

I think Xisto is a nice name for this froum because it seems like effectfull
and we all know that trap 17 is how much effective.
If somebody wants to learn sth about sth then they shoould open Xisto.com which is a free hosting giver by simple terms and condition.

Therefore, I thik Xisto ia nice name.

The first impression is indifference. Sorry.I think the name needs some explaining. It does remind me of "Catch 22", but now sure this is related.

My opinion is the same as above. Indifference. :( I have no idea what it means, well okay I did read the history of the site, but still. It's just a name to me, it's short, memorable and easy to type. It doesn't bother me at all. It seems almost like a private club to a person at first though. I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw the name.

I was a little worried about it , as to me the word Trap is a bad thing. Some thing to force you in to, or to falsly give info to get something out of. Now reading the post about me it seem it can mean anything. Give it a try do to finding good reviews about it on google.

The name is kinda tricky.. The forums are post2host, so it is a TRAP, you post and you don't get host, kinda like you have a messege: Don't post, this is a trap.And the 17 is a number becouse the trap.com domain was taken :) :DBTW: This is not a trap, i bought a domain name with mycents and it works perfectly

Edited by Ike_ve (see edit history)

Yes, it's a strange name...but it works...I first found out about this site...from a friend of mine...who said..He found this site after a painful research on his own..Initially a thought did come to mind...What does the name mean...but I couldn't find out...The word 'Trap' somehow makes some sense...but I don't know the significance of the number "17"..But as I said..the name works and I like it...