xisto Community
OpaQue

What do you feel about the name TRAP17?

Haha, I told my friend about this site and she says it sounds like a site with malicious code and that sort of stuff and would think twice about a link that says that. Hmm..BTW, was it any way influenced the slightest bit by catch-22? That was the immediate connection that came into my mind.

When I see the name Xisto, I think about a big company. Because, for me (not american nor englishman) the name sounds very international and above all, it's short and is not too complicated. BTW: I'dont have the tendency to read Xisto in my mother tongue, dutch, so that's a mark of a good companyname, isn't it? :(

I think the name Xisto is a good name. I normally don't like things with numbers, but this does sound catchy. The name caught my attention out of a list of hosting sites, and I was tired of looking at sites that have the word "host" in the address. Personally, I wouldn't like my site to be me.freehosting.com, or something like that. To me, puppyforest.trap17.com sounds better than that. I wanted something short and catchy, and this was it. :(

I remember when I told my boyfriend about this site, He said "you actually want to have a hosting site that has the name TRAP in it?" I didn't think anything of the name but my boyfriend immediate had some negative vibes from it. Of course now he thinks it's great, but I think the name sounds like you're falling into a trap or something:P

Trap 17 to me is a 17 year old brain trapped in a adults body... You see what I mean ?I don't really like things with numbers though and I think the name is kind of....well not all that good..But it is easy to remember though.

i dont see how Xisto fits. i was wondering about it when i first signed up because it seems to have nothing to do with hosting or anything like that. so im confused about it. but the good thing is it is easy to remember, unlike some other sites. :)

I too was quite puzzled about what Xisto meant and howit related to webhosting. Also was wondering whether trap1to trap16 existed like maybe each one represented one server.But since I registered and saw how it matched my membershipnumber, I was quite happy with it, also coz its quite short.Or maybe it means " The Real Amazing Place 17" :rolleyes::o:angry:

Sounds catchy to me. Its kinda like the name of a gang, who would tag the walls with "trap 17". I like it :rolleyes:

I don't know about the rest of the name but the number 17 is odd somehow. The first thing I noticed about your name the first time I saw it was the number 17 for some reason... <_< but the name sounds original. One more thing why did you name it Xisto? What's with the trap? Is the name for a particular reason like it used to be your girlfriend's name (who would name their girl trap?) or just becuase trap sounds cool?-Blitz

In my languages "trap" means... like a cellar or vault, well, it is not so nice name for my taste. But, I would like to know, what is really means, if someone knows, it would be better to tell us. The better than trap would be "part" , I think... maybe...

i don't think the name should be analytical. I don't even think it has any deep meaning to it at all. its a unique name from all the rest. I think thats what makes it better.

Hmm trap in my area it means key. But what ever it means I think Trap is pretty good name. Trap Trap Trap <_< I don't know what is about 17? hmm by the way Xisto is the best hosting provider i ever know. :)

Let's see... 17 is prime, and if we take the number of letters in "trap" (4) away from 17, we have 13, which is also prime. Now if we multiply....

No, really though. It works well for me both as a community name and as a hosting domain. Especially for hosting, I'd much rather be something.trap17.com than something.freeintarwebhostingfordummies.com <_<

And as has been mentioned many times, it is certainly short and sweet.