xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

As much as I agree that in OpaQue's case it's best for him to work alone, I think for bigger projects it's always advisable to code as a team? Otherwise it could take forever for the code to get ready and it would take another lifetime to get it rid of bugs. So it's good to start learning to work in a team as a preparation for bigger projects...

well, you have a good point in here, but personally i don't think so. maybe if i found someone who share me the same ideas then i will let him work with me. but in general, no. i was working in a team work before in my last job, but always end up doing everything by myself   :) even it was a work for other companies not my own site. so if is my site of course i will want it to be in a certain way with a certain look, therefore i understand what opaque trying to say in here.

well, you have a good point in here, but personally i don't think so. maybe if i found someone who share me the same ideas then i will let him work with me. but in general, no. i was working in a team work before in my last job, but always end up doing everything by myself :) even it was a work for other companies not my own site. so if is my site of course i will want it to be in a certain way with a certain look, therefore i understand what opaque trying to say in here.

Website and module design/coding are small projects so it makes sense to do it on an individual basis. For larger projects however, it's important to get used to working in a team, right? That's why I said where it is possible one should try to be in a team. Our situation is just one of the few cases where this theory doesn't apply.

I'm actually glad this happened. For the past 2 months I have just paid off my hosting bill via paypal so hopefully that will help Xisto - Web Hosting a bit. All I can say is Xisto - Web Hosting has been the best hosting provider I have ever been with. I really do not know how you guys do it with such little staff. With that said, I have been with you for almost 4 years now, with nothing major ever happening. I really wish I could thank you guys more, but I think just paying my hosting bill on time and recommending you guys to to friends is the most I can do for now :)

I'm actually glad this happened. For the past 2 months I have just paid off my hosting bill via paypal so hopefully that will help Xisto - Web Hosting a bit. All I can say is Xisto - Web Hosting has been the best hosting provider I have ever been with. I really do not know how you guys do it with such little staff. With that said, I have been with you for almost 4 years now, with nothing major ever happening. I really wish I could thank you guys more, but I think just paying my hosting bill on time and recommending you guys to to friends is the most I can do for now :)

I don't know what you mean by little staff but I think they have a moderate amount of staff for a medium compan, I think you are thinking abou hostgator and steamboat, which are huge companies and need a Loy of people to function properly, there are literally thousands of hosting providers with the same amount of people, but luckily computinghist and xisto do a much better job than most :D

All hosting providing companies experience problems wig their servers and bugs and even human mistakes come into hand and computinghist has it's own share of mistakes but the only way you haven't experienced it is because you are very lucky :P

I don't know what you mean by little staff but I think they have a moderate amount of staff for a medium compan, I think you are thinking abou hostgator and steamboat, which are huge companies and need a Loy of people to function properly, there are literally thousands of hosting providers with the same amount of people, but luckily computinghist and xisto do a much better job than most :D
All hosting providing companies experience problems wig their servers and bugs and even human mistakes come into hand and computinghist has it's own share of mistakes but the only way you haven't experienced it is because you are very lucky :P

Opaque himself said this:

And I m proudly admitting, this is all because of my low staff. Low staff = Less headache,

That's what I meant by "little staff." :rolleyes:

The point about not letting people touch my code is correct. But I mean it in terms of Data. My staff have selective access to my servers. so, any cases of data theft can also be dealt. In my 7 year career, I have received few calls to sell code/data of my customer.. Thankfully, It was me and me alone to handle such calls and I denied. That is why, I do not like to hire anyone in my company. My little Staff + Me insure everything is ok & perfect. I still do more than 50% of the work alone. The only reason, I m expanding to a bigger office is to give myself more time and start taking life seriously. :)

Ok, I would really love to be able to change my "mood" icon from confused to happy, but I don't see that happening. I got an email saying that mycents had been updated, and I had $58 credit added to my account, and I was really glad to see this problem finally fixed, after several months. But when I logged in to my account, it said I had $11. Then today I get another email saying that $0 had been added to my account. I hadn't even made any posts for the last couple days when I got that one. I really really think I have been making a lot more than $11 worth of posts for the past few months while the my cents thing was down, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on????

Ok, I would really love to be able to change my "mood" icon from confused to happy, but I don't see that happening. I got an email saying that mycents had been updated, and I had $58 credit added to my account, and I was really glad to see this problem finally fixed, after several months. But when I logged in to my account, it said I had $11. Then today I get another email saying that $0 had been added to my account. I hadn't even made any posts for the last couple days when I got that one. I really really think I have been making a lot more than $11 worth of posts for the past few months while the my cents thing was down, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on????

Did it say it credited $58 or was that in the "mycents" portion? Because in the first email, the mycents number represented the actual mycents you had on the forums (meaning if you looked in your profile, the number under mycents is what was sent there).

The $0 thing was a bug since the script was in beta/is in beta.

i don't get any email when the system is up, but i got like USD$4 from my posts when the system is down, and 1 bucks more AFTER the system is up just yesterday (from the game soundtracks thread i guess). they has been credited to my Xisto - Support billing account. so, it looks like the system has been activated and working properly at my side. and i hope it will always be running smoothly as it is or even improved :)

this is strange, because most of us received an email telling us that we earned about 0$ dollars which is kind of a bug as rpgsearcherz said but it is a sign that the system is back to work. and when i check my xisto account and i found the new amount of mycents are added to it. so, if you want submit a ticket about that and wait till they reply.

I accept your apologize of course and support you to continue with this great project.But I have to make some question.I was keep posting a few days ago good quality post and legthn post I hadn?t credited by them. My question is: Once the Mycent script would be ready and updated, the script will credite me all my post I have made or not? I am worry because I don?t want to post in vain because I am losing a lot of time since my hosting plan is suspended and I am losing a lot of visitors so please I need an answer. Bye.

Ok, maybe I just read it wroung. Thanks. I am a bit worried that with all the yammering I did the past couple months that it only added up to $11, I'll never be able to keep up my hosting service at that rate! Now if the log in could be fixed. We used to stay logged in for some time, at least a day, maybe longer, but now I have to log in every time I visit, and if I don't log in and just want to check a post, if I try to read a thread without logging in my computer freezes up and I have to completely X out of Explorer to unfreeze my screen.

service at that rate!
I have to completely X out of Explorer to unfreeze my screen.

are you on the logic pro plan? that is 6.66 a month. if you use less that 10 gigs of bandwidth, i would suggest the logic plan at 1.99 a month. if you use more than that, you can still use the logic plan and just get 50 gig bandwidth for an extra .99 a month for a total of $3 a month. it will still be less than 6.66 a month. you just have to figure out what the best plan is for your needs. if you have any questions, submit a support ticket so they can help you with it.

get firefox! it will be well worth the switch!
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Ok, maybe I just read it wroung. Thanks. I am a bit worried that with all the yammering I did the past couple months that it only added up to $11, I'll never be able to keep up my hosting service at that rate!
Now if the log in could be fixed. We used to stay logged in for some time, at least a day, maybe longer, but now I have to log in every time I visit, and if I don't log in and just want to check a post, if I try to read a thread without logging in my computer freezes up and I have to completely X out of Explorer to unfreeze my screen.

1) About your earnings, they are reflected in your quality of posts. Posting short little one-half sentences won't cut it (I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but if it is, there's your problem). It is also based on how informational your posts are, as that reflects how many views it gets.

2) About your login issue, which link are you using? I noticed you have a lot of posts so I'm guessing you're from the Xisto times? If so, and you're using that link, I had the same problem with the login. Once I changed my bookmark over to the Xisto link I no longer have to keep logging in.

Ok, maybe I just read it wroung. Thanks.I am a bit worried that with all the yammering I did the past couple months that it only added up to $11, I'll never be able to keep up my hosting service at that rate!
Now if the log in could be fixed. We used to stay logged in for some time, at least a day, maybe longer, but now I have to log in every time I visit, and if I don't log in and just want to check a post, if I try to read a thread without logging in my computer freezes up and I have to completely X out of Explorer to unfreeze my screen.

Just make sure that you're making some good quality posts and soon you will get updated. Right now the new myCENT system is still in BETA so sometimes the script gets updated within 24 hours and sometimes it seems to be taking longer. We've all been patient for so long so let's just be a little more patient :) Rest assured that you'll be getting the correct value for your posts so make sure you're making some good posts. Oh, and I'd say kick out IE and switch to some other browser soon :P