xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

I am glad cause I just got home from town and found that I had had an update on my cents. I dont wanna stand up and say yipee the Credit system is now fully back on but I can say I am trully glad I got a bit of an update. I am trying to raise money to purchase a domain and pay for hosting and I wanna make sure I have enough to maoney to buffer me if the system goes down for an extended period of time.All I can say if we have got to keep poting if we are to make MYCENTS, at this point I dont really ahve enough experience with MYCENTS to say this is not the normall amount compared to before because for me this is a first time experience. Since I joined KS there was a system problem with mYCENTs and I guess OPAQUE is workign 24 7 to ensure the scriipt is up and running perfect. I know also for a fact that us chatting in this thread only adds pressure to him so Im not surprised he hardly comes on line lol. Its better for him to work hard at the script with out us stressing him out pressuring him to finish the script. So many of us are just complaining yet we dont really appreciate how much work goes into writting scripts that have to run a massive system like this. Unfortunately the system cant hudown say at 3 am and run the script because this is a worldwide forum and am in states might be 12 midday in australia and 5 pm in England so the logistics of running the script at a set time may not exactly be feseable for these forums.

I've personally had 3 updates in the past week now. I got one today in fact.So as I stated before, if you're still not getting any updates I would suggest you contact OpaQue so he can look into it.

At mahesh. No, its not. The reason myCents updates itself only when Opaque comes online is because he's using a stand-alone script (We discussed this in some thread, and I'm not sure if Opaque validated that statement or it was the general opinion) and its not integrated with the forum. Even otherwise I doubt he'd be manually be going around giving myCents.

At mahesh. No, its not. The reason myCents updates itself only when Opaque comes online is because he's using a stand-alone script (We discussed this in some thread, and I'm not sure if Opaque validated that statement or it was the general opinion) and its not integrated with the forum. Even otherwise I doubt he'd be manually be going around giving myCents.

Most of the users here are getting 2$ mycents no matter how lengthy or short they post. Plus it's general observation that you can check that only number of posts are checked here and that shows it's manual update. Why will new mycent will reward less for longer posts if it's running right now (or working as most of people are saying)?

Most of the users here are getting 2$ mycents no matter how lengthy or short they post. Plus it's general observation that you can check that only number of posts are checked here and that shows it's manual update. Why will new mycent will reward less for longer posts if it's running right now (or working as most of people are saying)?

The code isn't finished or it isn't working properly -- thats why. Someone is probably just added some myCents to users based on how much posts they did... i don't even think the script is running. I'm really disappointed -- almost 1/3 of year now and the myCents STILL HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING NORMALLY! There just doesn't seem to be updates on what is happening too. People just don't care. Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

Mine have been normal. The last one was $2.84 for 13 posts. Before that was almost $4 for 19 posts.

The code isn't finished or it isn't working properly -- thats why. Someone is probably just added some myCents to users based on how much posts they did... i don't even think the script is running. I'm really disappointed -- almost 1/3 of year now and the myCents STILL HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING NORMALLY! There just doesn't seem to be updates on what is happening too. People just don't care.

I "don't care" because mine have been fine. Every couple days I get another update now. If you're having issues, why not send a PM to the person in charge?

I "don't care" because mine have been fine. Every couple days I get another update now. If you're having issues, why not send a PM to the person in charge?

Well, thats the whole problem here, isn't? Someone is "controlling them", they are supposed to be automatic. The question is -- whats wrong?

Mine have been normal. The last one was $2.84 for 13 posts. Before that was almost $4 for 19 posts.

I posted more than 15 posts so far in week and never get more than 2$ and even that update took more than week to appear on account. Now don't say that it's on quality posting or length (bots are not smart enough in 2010 to identify quality other than character count).

Send PM ? LOL, As if it is going to work. We all know that mycent thing is screwed. You're the only person in forum right now who is getting regular(or maybe accurate) updates and the update the way you predicted. Rest of the others are getting random amount of mycents in their account. If it works for you that doesn't mean it works for all of us. Mycent is not like typical OS troubleshoot, it's buggy more than anything in this forum. Every now and then it gets into trouble and many people don't get credited what they're supposed to do with it. If you don't care because it works for you, that doesn't mean mycent is working fine for all because it's not.

I posted more than 15 posts so far in week and never get more than 2$ and even that update took more than week to appear on account. Now don't say that it's on quality posting or length (bots are not smart enough in 2010 to identify quality other than character count).

Send PM ? LOL, As if it is going to work. We all know that mycent thing is screwed. You're the only person in forum right now who is getting regular(or maybe accurate) updates and the update the way you predicted. Rest of the others are getting random amount of mycents in their account. If it works for you that doesn't mean it works for all of us. Mycent is not like typical OS troubleshoot, it's buggy more than anything in this forum. Every now and then it gets into trouble and many people don't get credited what they're supposed to do with it. If you don't care because it works for you, that doesn't mean mycent is working fine for all because it's not.

1) There have already been hints at how the posts are calculated. Thinking it's based solely on character count is a little ridiculous considering OpaQue already explained more in-depth how that's not what it is. Reading does wonders in understanding the system you're dealing with.

2) Sending a PM is a lot better than just posting in a thread he will likely not look at again. You say it takes a lot of troubleshooting and stuff, then how does complaining about it every few days help? It doesn't. You are only slowing down your OWN progression.

1) There have already been hints at how the posts are calculated. Thinking it's based solely on character count is a little ridiculous considering OpaQue already explained more in-depth how that's not what it is. Reading does wonders in understanding the system you're dealing with.

Thanks for suggestion. But things don't work like that. I posted more than 20 posts in downtime this june(i'm explicitly mentioning case of update in june because this is where doubt sparked in my mind) and i got credited only 1 $ for that, this is in logs even. Considering character count and even those *other factors which opaque mentioned*, 1$ is way too low. And if you think new system doesn't reward for character count or is updated to ignore this, then you need to re-read what you're telling to others. If you think posting 50 words of 2 liner post in 10-15 threads gives you 4$(which is justifiable as per you) in comparison to posts which has more character count then you seriously need a read of mycent thread.

2) Sending a PM is a lot better than just posting in a thread he will likely not look at again.

Again this is your perspective but in the downtime in which mycents are given manually to me (or any other member) is not at all slowing their progression. The way some admins have got control for mycents and who knows even mods got it behind i can't trust this manual allocation system. Manual mycent updates which ignore character count shows what's fuss is going on. I don't want to pin point here to create new mess with center of attraction. I see no reason for PM to opaque. Even if i wish to what i'm supposed to ask him ? that i'm getting less mycents than others in this manual updates that way he's going to boost things for me right ? yeah sure. As once you said in other thread, he owes nothing to me or other forum members, right ?

You say it takes a lot of troubleshooting and stuff, then how does complaining about it every few days help? It doesn't.You are only slowing down your OWN progression.

True,it's not at all helping and system is down for more than 4 months now so i don't expect progress anytime soon. This system is screwed and i can understand that difference of opinion for it is really not understood by mods/admin and other members. Pretending everyday about things going well is going way over my head. It may be working for you and some other members but it's definitely not working well overall. I've issues with loading Xisto here at workplace from where i'm accessing this & other forums, otherwise i couldn't have bothered to post in this forum for such discussion cause Xisto can earn me enough mycent instead of manual 2 $mycents in this buggy forum. Your view in this quoted sentence helps me come back to reality. Now i can understand why people here think that what's in it for them to continue on this forum as loyal member. Owner owes nothing to us afterall. Thanks. I just hope Xisto becomes accessible here for me so i can better spend my time there instead of wasting here.

Thanks for suggestion. But things don't work like that. I posted more than 20 posts in downtime this june(i'm explicitly mentioning case of update in june because this is where doubt sparked in my mind) and i got credited only 1 $ for that, this is in logs even. Considering character count and even those *other factors which opaque mentioned*, 1$ is way too low. And if you think new system doesn't reward for character count or is updated to ignore this, then you need to re-read what you're telling to others. If you think posting 50 words of 2 liner post in 10-15 threads gives you 4$(which is justifiable as per you) in comparison to posts which has more character count then you seriously need a read of mycent thread.

Odd for you to say 50 words... Based on my last 10 posts the average is 200+ words and over 1200 characters (and an average of 5-6 paragraphs depending).

I didn't say it doesn't take character counts into account; I stated it isn't the main thing, nor is it the only one. Re-read my prior post (as you quoted it I assumed you would have at least read what I posted).

I hope this isn't out of line but here's my most recent amounts:

August 3

Total amount credited: $2 USD, myCENTS: 85.06Currency: U.S. Dollars
Name: rpgsearcherz
Total Earning: X
Accounted Posts: 14

July 31

Total amount credited: $2 USD, myCENTS: 13.46Currency: U.S. Dollars
Accounted Posts: 15

July 28

Total amount credited: $4 USD, myCENTS: 36.54Currency: U.S. Dollars
Accounted Posts: 30

July 25

Total amount credited: $5 USD, myCENTS: 35.33Currency: U.S. Dollars
Accounted Posts: 26

As you can see, it's not the same amount every time. This means it's most definitely NOT manual, and there ARE calculations being done in it. Otherwise it would be a linear amount (and 26 posts wouldn't give me more than 30 posts did).

There's a lot more behind the scenes than you guys want to admit to. Either you're being paranoid or my account is the ONLY one working out of everyone's (which I highly doubt is true).

Odd for you to say 50 words... Based on my last 10 posts the average is 200+ words and over 1200 characters (and an average of 5-6 paragraphs depending).
I didn't say it doesn't take character counts into account; I stated it isn't the main thing, nor is it the only one. Re-read my prior post (as you quoted it I assumed you would have at least read what I posted).

I hope this isn't out of line but here's my most recent amounts:

August 3

July 31

July 28

July 25

As you can see, it's not the same amount every time. This means it's most definitely NOT manual, and there ARE calculations being done in it. Otherwise it would be a linear amount (and 26 posts wouldn't give me more than 30 posts did).

There's a lot more behind the scenes than you guys want to admit to. Either you're being paranoid or my account is the ONLY one working out of everyone's (which I highly doubt is true).

I don't want to comment on what you've earned personally, that is none of my business. But what i've seen from 1-2 liner post in comparison to lengthy posts is all i'm talking about. In that case,your observation totally fails and that is seen your quoted examples. Even your current reply with 163 words (upto you to keep track of character count) compare that with what others are posting here. So you're right there is definitely more than character count, mycent bot learned how to differentiate between quality in posting. That is why those posts will be rewarded. Maybe i should start posting copy-pasted thread like fermin,atleast that way i'll understand hidden admin work behind mycents post rewards.

Yes, i'm paranoid and no it's not your account only that is working,it's just me tired of system that is not rewarding lengthy posts but rewarding 1-2 liner posts without updating manually by admins. And yes, mycents are working fine and they're updated everyday. :) It's just me, who wants to spread rumors with false observation. I'm done.

Not sure if this observation is true, and I sure hope you don't get less MyCentos or none at all for speaking out (lol). It sure seems like the updates have been slow. I am not sure about the last few days or part of this week because I have not been posting and active. I bought my domain and I am tasked with posting in two communities now, this one and my own. I do usually post pretty long post, but since I am new here I am not sure if I am being given my fair share or not. The first two payments I received were $2, and then I received $11 on the third payment, and then about another $2 on my most recent payment. The latest payment I received, I only posted about two or three lengthy post. This is opposed to posting about 10 short to medium length post when I got my first payment of $2. So I am pretty sure that post are being judged on more than just the fact that its a post. Its possible that it is being done manually, but value of the post can still be determined when doing it manually. It just means a person is using their judgment rather than a software basing it off of characters.

Not sure if this observation is true, and I sure hope you don't get less MyCentos or none at all for speaking out (lol). It sure seems like the updates have been slow. I am not sure about the last few days or part of this week because I have not been posting and active. I bought my domain and I am tasked with posting in two communities now, this one and my own. I do usually post pretty long post, but since I am new here I am not sure if I am being given my fair share or not. The first two payments I received were $2, and then I received $11 on the third payment, and then about another $2 on my most recent payment. The latest payment I received, I only posted about two or three lengthy post. This is opposed to posting about 10 short to medium length post when I got my first payment of $2. So I am pretty sure that post are being judged on more than just the fact that its a post. Its possible that it is being done manually, but value of the post can still be determined when doing it manually. It just means a person is using their judgment rather than a software basing it off of characters.

I highly doubt it's manual because, for example, look at my $4 payment. It wasn't $4, it was $4.3654

It just seems like way too much math for someone to deal with in determining how much you get. Also, keep in mind that if you get $2 and 93.78 myCENTS that is almost $3, it's not $2.

I have yet to see anyone post any actual information pertaining to their issue. It's all "I'm not getting enough" or "I only got $2." Nobody is posting the actual message they got that shows the calculations. It's extremely hard to find ANY fault when nobody wants to post factual information and is going solely based on how they FEEL. Feelings and truth are completely different.

It reminds me of running a beta test for a game. Instead of people telling you what's wrong they just say "I think some skills don't work properly." Without knowing what you're talking about exactly, and what you mean by it's not working right, it's too hard to determine where to even start looking.

Look at my previous post for an example of how to post HELPFUL information instead of just feelings.

Not sure if this observation is true, and I sure hope you don't get less MyCentos or none at all for speaking out (lol)

That's just my feeling out of fear that admins (or maybe some over-sensitive mods who suggested this feature) got privileges to modify and give us mycents(i'm not sure when it's going to be implemented or got implemented). Note: You can read about this in discussion about mycent thread (official). Oh wait, this fear is just my feeling and not *helpful information* ya know. Then again the person who wrote mycent & is going to give us mycent 4.0 even for adding links to credible site like wikipedia can't write simple algorithm in downtime to calculate mycents based on post count/char count and allot mycent that shows decimal places ?jeez. This type of thinking just beats me, oh wait again that is just my feeling and not helpful information. Warning:- this post is not loaded with helpful information, read other posts if you want *helpful information*.