xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

members like Saint M. who have 10,000 posts here create a CHOAS within my servers. So, the script also must take care about MEMORY and execute the tasks as Efficiently as possible.

this guy hasn't posted as much in the last two years and still has the most posts. i have a solution though. let's delete him

Wait, so this means that when the myCents comeback online , it goes through all the posts and we get all the mycents? I thought that posting right now doesn't count ?

It still counts, though I never really seen the admin section of the MyCent's panel, I assume it has a from/to date function and as some astutely pointed out if he were to start from the beginning it would most likely take while to update it up to the current date.

Based on my humble knowledge of myCENT system, yes you will get your post credited even at times like this. Unless if i'm mistaken or they changed the system in myCENT V4, the system will count your posts value from the very beginning to the latest. That's why there was this edit button abusing trouble, because the system also look at the old posts and counted it in. Please correct me if i got anything wrong :P
Well maybe some long poster like anwiii will have at least 10 dollars credited when the system goes online :D

That is why you get as much posting as you can done and you should have enough money to pay a few months off or have enough when it comes ot yearly updates.

Thanks for the updates BuffaloHelp; they're really helpful :D Just like the other members I hope the new system is back online very soon. OpaQue is doing a great job with upgrading the code, although I wish there had been a way to implement the older code temporarily until the new code is ready. I'm sure the members wouldn't mind a slow script instead of no script at all! Anyway until then I hope at least one of my hosting accounts will be kept alive till things get back to normal.

Script was slow because of memory issues, thus the reason it took time for MyCents to update as it could littlerly bring down the forums because of server overload.

OpaQue already explained this in other topic (though perhaps some may not have understood). The myCENTs system currently does not count any new posts, but once it is back online, the system will go through all of your posts and award you accordingly. There is no point in not posting until the system is back up. However, it is uncertain whether OpaQue will label the modified myCENTs system to Credit System v4.
But also, the new forum version, IPB v3, according to OpaQue, has certain optimizations to its posting system that will improve the performance of the myCENTs system, and do to other IPB modifications since the last IPB forum version, will allow for unlimited editions for your own posts, rather than having a 10 minute limitation. I'm sure reporting your "suspended" site to him will slightly slow down the coding process, but at least those websites won't be down.

Well the script itself would be considered V4 if follow the time lime of how members earn the hosting, V1 was the post count, v2 was Credit Syste for 2.x, V3 was for MyCents and v4 is for IPB 3. As for the edited of posts that is one of the big concerns in trying to make this script work, but it does give me some interesting ideas I pass on to OpaQue about it.

The new Forum has NEW features. Studying it takes time to understand how I can take advantage of the variables present in front of me. I am almost done re-coding it. Even though the script making job is pretty easy.. members like Saint M. who have 10,000 posts here create a CHOAS within my servers. So, the script also must take care about MEMORY and execute the tasks as Efficiently as possible.

that is 8,886, well 8,887 after this one.

this guy hasn't posted as much in the last two years and still has the most posts. i have a solution though. let's delete him

Heck if that happen just think of all the MyCents people would be losing from all those deleted posts from all the topics I created :), odds are it would be pocket change for most people but I could see $5-10 losses for some.

I recently just paid off my invoice because my MyCent would update.

I may have to do this on other hosting package after paying off 4 domains I am left with $00.04 lol. Never mind it will be great to see it back up soon (I hope)

Well the reason why people are seeking for Mycents is that they have to pay inVoices which seem to generate endlessly. Yes keep the good work and hope that Mycents are back soon. Have a nice day Admin.

While we are waiting for it to up and running, we are still receiving invoices. I have just receive the latest copy and that makes me 2 month in arrears and help does not seem to appear on the horizon.

Alternatively, you could look on the good side: when the system works again, you'll have loads more myCENTsI was wondering what the value of each myCENT is in posts. How many would I get for writing something this length?

Edited by TomCol (see edit history)

well tomcol, maybe 0.00005 just kidding. mycent depend on how much is your post good and useful for everyone, therefor the tutorials posts always bring a lot of mycent. also depend on the length of your post. maybe you should read this thread that talking about mycent http://forums.xisto.com/topic/62216-everything-about-mycents-your-virtual-money-mycents-credit-system-30-point-system/

The mycents has been down for a while it must have a lot more features than the last one. Waiting for mycents V.4 :).

well i am waiting to see how much i collected of mycent the whole last few weeks, really can't wait to see.Posted Image and i hope all the members will be more patient, i really think it is only a matter of time and we will get mycent work again.

The mycents has been down for a while it must have a lot more features than the last one. Waiting for mycents V.4 :).

Not so much features, but memory issues since running the script does take up a lot when run. Of course, since it doesn't use a Database to connect but I did pass some interesting ideas to Opaque, such as how much is that post is worth, but that one is being thought out at the moment. Odds are that little feature would be restricted to just the mods so we can catch the cheaters better.

The feature that I think could be added is sending Mycents IE on a members birthday or if they have done something nice to help another member out. This would make Xisto a very positive community.

I just wish they would get it working!!!! After the upgrade it took me awhile to figure out how to get in and check my balance, and I'm down to 33 cents, and the invoice will be coming due in just a few more days. How fast is my web site going to get kicked off line if I don't have the mycents in it to cover the invoice?

you need to keep yourself up to date. as recently stated, you will need to send in a support ticket with attention opaque. i would also recomend pming him with the ticket #. i wouldn't delay on this if you want any chance of your website current. opaque stated that he will help those who are having problems during this transition if he can.