xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

Ok, I did the support ticket, but didn't see a place for emailing Opaque, so I sent it in a pm. Hope that will work. The payment is usually taken on either the 7th or 8th of the month, so hopefully this issue will be resolved by then. Sure hope so.

There are 3 ways to contact the master :) Support Ticket, PM on the forums or email support@xisto.com. Hope this has helped you.

OPaque will help people out. I know I freaked out over this whole thing, but just be patient, definetly something I have to learn.

i agree with networker, opaque always ready to do anything he can but these few weeks he is so busy with the upgrade of the forum and everything related to it like mycent. but i believe he was very active the whole last week so he will read your pm and help you with your problem, good luck.

Thanks guys, and expecially Opaque, it's all good now for at least another month, surly be then the bugs will be worked out of the mycents program. This really is a good board.

Thanks guys, and expecially Opaque, it's all good now for at least another month, surly be then the bugs will be worked out of the mycents program.
This really is a good board.

There are no BUGS in the myCENTS system, since the upgrade -- the IPB 3 Board uses different codes and parameters than the IPB 2 Board, so the myCENTS V3 doesn't work on this new version, so OpaQue is currently coding a COMPLETE NEW VERSION of the myCENTS system, thats why it is taking so long. But its worth it because the new version will have better features like unlimited edit,etc.

OpaQue, can you update us on what % you are done or when its going to be ready? Its been 2 months, thats a little too long just to code the system...

OpaQue, can you update us on what % you are done or when its going to be ready? Its been 2 months, thats a little too long just to code the system...

he's already commented on that in another thread. it is 80% complete as of yesterday. also, it hasn't been 2 months, it's been exactly ONE month to this day.

sheepdog- i am glad you have things in order. it just goes to show that opaque is on top of things and if anyone needs personalized help with their hosting that is about to expire, please write your support tickets with attention opaque in them and pm opaque with the support ticket# as well.

he's already commented on that in another thread. it is 80% complete as of yesterday. also, it hasn't been 2 months, it's been exactly ONE month to this day.

You got your facts (or dates should i say :P) wrong here, the topic 'Xisto Forum Upgraded to Version 3' was posted on sted 06 May 2010 - 11:00 AM and it is now JUNE 2010 - 5:27 PM. So it has officially become 2 MONTHS and not 1 MONTH. :)

But when I think about it, even A MONTH is too long just to code something like a modification for IPB Board. He has been coding for the IPB Board for more than half-decade now.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

You got your facts (or dates should i say :P) wrong here, the topic 'Xisto Forum Upgraded to Version 3' was posted on May 2010 - 11:00 AM [/[/[/[/and it is now 10 - 5:27 PM[/[/[/[/. So it has officially become 2 MONTHS and not 1 MONTH. :)

But when I think about it, even A MONTH is too long just to code something like a modification for IPB Board. He has been coding for the IPB Board for more than half-decade now.

SHOOT! IM REALLY REALLY SORRY ANWIII! I just realized that I have my months wrong, I forgot that MAY comes after APRIL, Im sorry again... Should have checked the calender before I blurted that post.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

SHOOT! IM REALLY REALLY SORRY ANWIII! I just realized that I have my months wrong, I forgot that MAY comes after APRIL, Im sorry again... Should have checked the calender before I blurted that post.

you saved yourself! haha i was really going to start in on you haha. i really was...whew! hahaha anyway, the official announcement was late. it was upgraded on the 5th. web designers announcement would never lie to you though...in the hot topics section :)

T! IM REALLY REALLY SORRY ANWIII! I just realized that I have my months wrong, I forgot that MAY comes after APRIL, Im sorry again... Should have checked the calender before I blurted that post.

you really saved yourself deadmad, or let me say you were about to be a deadmad literally, hahaha
"DON'T MESS WITH THE MODS" again

Has OpaQue given any update elsewhere? The last thing I remember was that the script was 80% ready and that it was postponed to be installed after all other upgrades have finished. Is there any other new news? I've just spent two days at Xisto and piled up a stack of myCENTs to clear off my huge debt. Now my account is finally back to normal and I'm looking forward to spending more time here - Xisto can surely get a bit boring after a while, but it is the only option left if the script over here needs more time to get ready. So if there's some news I'll be waiting to hear it so that I can decide whether to continue for some more time at Asta or stay here....

Seriously opaque it's too much time for the script update. This will hurt new signups if the script is not activated. Old members can be managed in one way or the other but new sign ups will suffer this downtime for sure.

sorry, I went on a 2 day vaccation and came back today. I will resume the coding ... the coding is still stuck at 80%. I already mentioned before, The forum upgrade comes first now. First all the changes from V2 to V3 will be understood and the changes are made slowly to the board.

Once I understand the NEW ADMIN panel of v3, I will resume my Coding to use all new Features of v3. This approach gives me new ideas for new features...

Like, I was thinking of :-

Awarding mycents through Reputation Points (renamed to Wisdom Flags)

Member Rating Percentage influences the amount of mycent the user gets for his posts.

Mycent based on SEO index per post (where SEO index is calculated based on Post Content)

Wikipedia Links in Post will give BONUS points

Mycent for Topic Replies

EDITing old Posts gives Lower MyCENTS

Giving Mods myCENTs control

More myCENTs for Active Users

ETC ETC ETC XD

New features sometimes cause me to re-write considerable amount of code. So Planning & Research does takes a lot of time.

Previous credit system algorithm favored NEW users. And members who were suspended.

I m planning to make The new Mycent to favor OLD users. ( still confused about this part )

Anyway, I m not sitting idle and my EVILNESS is growing day by day.Posted Image

MyCENT 4.0 will be released Soon.

iPeace.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

thank you for your explanation. i think the new mycent will be fair enough for everybody, especially with these features. waiting for it, do your best.