xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

The toolbar, it seems, was one of the causes of javascripts not running fully for the forum v3.We have disabled the toolbar for now until OpaQue can get his credit script to be synchronized for your myCENT.Please be advised. He expects to be done in few days.

yeah, i can see that the pulldown menu working very good and we can add status from the main page. it seems the toolbar is the one causing all these errors. thank you guys for your hard work.

hi, i test the twitter connection, and here's the result:

connection to twitter and log in forum working great.

updating my profile picture is working.

updating my twitter status with my forum status (export) is working.

update my forum status with my twitter status (import) is working.

update my "about me" with twitter "about me" is not working, i test it many times but no change in my "about me".

disconnecting with twitter is working.

again i didn't test my avatar, sorry Posted Image good luck.

well, now i checked my "about me" page in forum after i signed in again. and it updated with the "about me" page in twitter.so "about me" page is working too.

the portal tab is not working, it shows a blank page. i wonder if this is only on my end !! anyway, you are doing a good job guys, keep on working.

the portal tab is not working, it shows a blank page. i wonder if this is only on my end !! anyway, you are doing a good job guys, keep on working.

Sometimes it works for me and other times I get a blank page! I think its something to do with the problems of IPB Beta Version, that Ash thinks we are using...?

i can't edit my "about me" tab without getting an html code shown with the writing, especially when i tried adding color. the best thing i got is writing my "about me" in black, and it shows in black with missing words and "[/" in the end of the writing. anyone get the same?

i can't edit my "about me" tab without getting an html code shown with the writing, especially when i tried adding color. the best thing i got is writing my "about me" in black, and it shows in black with missing words and "[/" in the end of the writing. anyone get the same?

I get the stray "[/" too. I thought it might have been do to something on my part, but i couldn't find it within my signature code, so it seems there are some modifications going on in the background.

Yes, OpaQue is probably inserting few new codes so that the forum's HTML cannot accidentally execute codes because the forum parsed quotes.When you use bbcodes with " in it, for example, size="3" or color="black" etc. you'll see your bbcode cracking in the forum. Please remove these quotes and your bbcode should resume normally.

Dear Members,I have installed least number of modules and keeping the forums as original as possible. The Chat is buggy and I am not getting the version that is running on invision website.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, If you find any bugs, please discuss and report them to above URL.A Note about BBCode Cracking:- Invision has changed the way posts are stored in the backend. Hence I am having to re-rewrite the mycent script all over again. The newer code will be faster and provide unlimited EDIT feature.I have not touched anything in the forum codes yet. I am still working on the mycent code which does not interfere with the forum codes and works independently.Thank you.shree

I have not touched anything in the forum codes yet. I am still working on the mycent code which does not interfere with the forum codes and works independently.

Thank you.

shree

Pretty nice of you to say mate. People have had accounts suspended. Couldn't you have looked into the mycents
thing a little earlier? No notice whatsoever. People sue over such things.

Dear Members,
I have installed least number of modules and keeping the forums as original as possible. The Chat is buggy and I am not getting the version that is running on invision website.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Also, If you find any bugs, please discuss and report them to above URL.

A Note about BBCode Cracking:- Invision has changed the way posts are stored in the backend. Hence I am having to re-rewrite the mycent script all over again. The newer code will be faster and provide unlimited EDIT feature.

I have not touched anything in the forum codes yet. I am still working on the mycent code which does not interfere with the forum codes and works independently.

Thank you.

shree

I don't mean to brag OpaQue, but I think it'd be better for THIS FORUM to have it's own Tracker so we can use it to report bugs in our community. Just don't you forget guys, without us members, this community aint anything.

I really don't see why you can't just install these two addons OpaQue, I mean, they are not going to mess up the forums...if you don't have time to install such mods to make this community a better and a more FUN place for us all, then I don't know why you keep it running. :) So for IP.Tracker, it's easy for this site because:
1. We (as a community) can help eachother by REPORTING bugs for our fellow Administrators to take a look and fix them with ease.
2. Quicker AND easyer to keep track of bug reports, bugs/issues that have been reported previously.
and 3. Having the 2 above complete.

IP.Shoutbox vs Live Chat - FAIL. The "Live" Chat is powered by JAVA for goodness sakes! Many members have ISSUES with Browser JAVA and cannot use the Chat whatsoever! Plus most of us end up getting a Java error on it..the IP.Shoutbox has been improved in IP.Board 3.0.x more effectively then it was in 2.3x. So don't bother saying that it's the same issue as it was on 2.3. I have IP.Shoutbox for 3.0.x on my GTA forum, and I do NOT see any issues with it at all.

Atleast for the community's sake OpaQue, try and install it for us. If your busy, then ask Buffalo to install it for you..otherwise, what's the point of him being an Admin in the first place, if he can't help manage the forums by installing some modifications to HELP us have more of a reason to be active on here...the forum is almost dead if it wasn't for the Activity Simulator you have on here..the last time I sore the Active User List was 2000 guests and 1 member!? (me). That is OBVIOUSLY Simulated Activity. You guys are not larger and more popular than the IPS Company Forums itself, and they have REAL activity.

Just give it some chances man, otherwise just forget it all..:P

@Opaque: Thanks for the update. I hope that the new script works well and the unlimited edit feature sounds good. Praying that the script gets ready before my last account gets suspended! :)@Sky & others who've been frustrated by the delay in myCENTs: I share your frustration; one of my accounts has been suspended and another is on the brink of meeting the same fate. Yes, it's irritating to watch it happen and not being able to do anything about it, but this is the time to support the community and not blame it. Most of us wanted a change in the forum design and finally when we got it, we're focusing on the bad part instead of the good part. Let's just be a lil' patient. Why do you keep forgetting that no other reputable site offers good hosting in exchange for a few words? When you get the myCENTs on time it's praises for the community and when there's a rare delay now and then, suddenly everyone becomes angry? That's not neat behaviour! So let's stick to the community and hope the dry run ends soon.

Again, just a notice (I don't know if anyone reported this):

I posted something in the "Google" subforum, and out of nowhere these [font tags come up at me... Not very pleasing, since I haven't done anything to change the font. Also, after editing that, the same tags showed up on another place in the post...

On top of all that, my internet connection collapsed shortly after posting... :P

(Not related to the forum, just to mention :))

Please email me if your account is affected due to mycents and I will make some arrangements for your site, do not worry :-)But I would like to work on the mycent code on my own pace..thank you.

Please email me if your account is affected due to mycents and I will make some arrangements for your site, do not worry :-)
But I would like to work on the mycent code on my own pace..thank you.

Of course all of us would prefer for the script to be fully ready instead of being finished in a hurry, so take your time. But please consider my request to restore one of my accounts. I've just sent you an email regarding that. I need to get that account re-activated ASAP. Thanks for the help!