xisto Community
lihuyt

Are Girls Prettier Without Makeup? Vote & Say You Thoughts

As many others have said, it really depends on the girl. Some look amazing without makeup, yet others only look amazing with makeup. On the topic of looks, I think some makeup can make any girl look better, but when it's excessive, then it can turn-off some guys. On the topic of relationship, then it's important that you don't expect your partner to be wearing makeup whenever you go out together or when you're at home. It's more important to get to know someone one on the inside that just relying on their looks.

I don't think makeup is necessary at all. It should be reserved for when you want to look a little different, such as during a big party or special occasion. I think that instead of spending an hour a day applying paint to your face, you'd be better served to spend the hour exercising, doing yoga, or some other activity which contributes to your health, thereby making you pretty naturally.I noticed that by changing my diet and activity level, my appearance changed dramatically in ways I hadn't anticipated. My skin and hair acquired that healthy "glow," and my skin became less oily. I no longer needed powder to make it look drier.The problem with makeup also is that it's kind of addicting. Very few people, once they get used to it, feel that they will look good without out. It's as if you start and then you can't stop. And it is true that when a girl who normally wears makeup appears without it, she looks different. But that doesn't mean she's uglier without it, just different.

I would have to say I agree with the general consensus. I think most girls looks prettier without makeup. The thing that pains me is when I see a beautiful girl wearing more makeup than there is paint on this house. Girls look more natural and healthy when they wear less (or no) makeup. I have to admit my girl looks great without makeup, and on days when she needs it to feel pretty she only wears a small amount. Hardly anything compared to what she used to wear. My second point is alot of girls wear makeup to feel pretty. Guys might tell them they are beautiful but they don't feel it. and for some its a mask.

My boyfriend tells me that I look prettier without makeup all the time. But then, sometimes when I do wear makeup people tell me that I look really nice. So, it's kinda hard for me, but personally I think most girls do look better without it--I like the natural look. Sometimes it's okay to wear makeup, but just a little. I HATE it when girls wear tons of makeup. Their face is gross and shiny and they have so much eye makeup on that I think it's Halloween. Some girls just need to take it easy. I wish I could go without makeup, but I have a terrible complexion. So I understand when girls wear it as a cover up type thing, but girls who already have pretty skin and feel they still need makeup make me mad--why can't I just have skin like that? I would actually appreciate it and not cover it up with gross greasiness.

then why are models and celebrities considered so beautiful-they were tons of make-up and most people don't know what they are like, so you can't say it's because of their personalities. These guys are just lying to themselves because I 'm sure they have a crush on some model/celebrity.

It depends on the occasion and the lighting and how much makeup we're talking about.For example:- Going clubbing at night - probably better if you put some makeup on, you could probably get away with darker makeup than you could during the day because of the lighting- Day to day activities - I don't like people that put on ALOT of makeup during the day, it just seems like they're wearing this caked on mask. Because it's so bright during the day everything just stands out, the eyeliner looks darker, the foundation looks thicker and more 'fake' etc.I think during the day it's better to go for a 'natural' look, either with no makeup or minimal e.g. some mascara and lipgloss or something along those lines.Some girls do look better in makeup than others. In general I would probably judge on a case to case basis.Oh the whole though I think makeup, when applied properly does make girls look prettier.

This topic made me rather interested must say, actually there are so many ways to describe this and the best answer would be it depends on the eyes of the person viewing them. Each and every person has a different outlook and am glad most have agreed they appear better when they are without makeup something which I have always believed too. Being simple or natural is something that craves the real beauty of a person whilst trying to cover up with makeup hardly impresses anyone. Women should simply look towards the tips that can help them maintain their natural beauties and taking care properly ensures they are in the right track without the aid of any makeups.

Edited by cullinan (see edit history)

It depends what the person looks like... I think that I would prefer all of my friends (girls) to stop wearing icecream because they are really hot without it... Still it is a self confidence thing that maybe makes them feel better.

I'm going to vote that without makeup is better. To me, it's the natural beauty that really counts. I don't see why people are so worried about the physical nature, after all it doesn't last forever.Look at any 90 year old male or female and tell me how many of them you would date right now, or how many "turn you on." I highly doubt there's any.So if it wouldn't matter in the future, why should it matter that much right now?Personality is something that also changes, but regardless as to if you are 20 or 90 you could still have an awesome personality.

Girls do look different with out makeup thats what i'll tell you!It surely depends with the babe..some are lovely WITHOUT makeup but the chances are high that a chick can look so beautiful with make up than without!Have you seen the stars without makeup? the celebrities, beyonce, etc? lol!They sure look ugly and really average if im to overrate em!

I'd say the most naturally prettiest girls in the worldlook best without any makeup.They don't have to use it to make the cheek bones look different or the size ofthe eyes different.They are true natural beauties.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

You boys are full of rubish. If every single girl on this planet suddenly stopped wearing make-up, then you would hate it. Make-up is used to improve your looks, not change them! But come on, there is a reason why everyone wears it. They want to cover up things they are not satisfied with - or improve other parts. I think it is funny when everyone says "Girls should not wear it at all, they should look natural - that would be nice." WELL some of us look like something rotten that is found on the botton of the ocean without it. Yes, some overdo it and would look better if they toned it down - but most of us is nothing like the "natural beauty" without it. Even in movies when the players are supposed to look like they are not wearing make-up, they wear lots of it - and would not look all gorgeous if they were completely natural. My rant.

You boys are full of rubish. If every single girl on this planet suddenly stopped wearing make-up, then you would hate it. Make-up is used to improve your looks, not change them! But come on, there is a reason why everyone wears it. They want to cover up things they are not satisfied with - or improve other parts. I think it is funny when everyone says "Girls should not wear it at all, they should look natural - that would be nice." WELL some of us look like something rotten that is found on the botton of the ocean without it. Yes, some overdo it and would look better if they toned it down - but most of us is nothing like the "natural beauty" without it. Even in movies when the players are supposed to look like they are not wearing make-up, they wear lots of it - and would not look all gorgeous if they were completely natural. My rant.

Those girls who feel that makeup really matters just have low self-esteem, is how I feel.

I have found plenty of people who do not wear makeup.

Just, to me...You were made a certain way, and you do not need to change that for anyone. The only person you have to impress is yourself, not someone else. Those who care about you won't care how you look.

well I don't wear make-up and I've never gotten a guy but this girl @ mii school wears make-up and ALL THE GUYS like her so you decide. But if you ask me natural beauty is better but a little lip gloss and maybe a light blush wouldn't hurt. :) but don't put too much make-up on cuz then you look fake like a barbie doll see make-up is suppose to cover up "blemishes" not change you. So if you do use make-up and you get all the guys don't forget who you really are :)