xisto Community
lihuyt

Are Girls Prettier Without Makeup? Vote & Say You Thoughts

I don't get why everyone thinks makeup must be the expression of some deep dark self esteem issues and etc. I love makeup to death! And no, I'm not ugly, not even average. I know I look beautiful without it but hey I would never leave the house without AT LEAST a bit of blush or lippie for a bit of colour against my pale (lovely) skin. I love how I look and I love how makeup can accentuate things even more. Makeup is fun to me, so if I go without it, yeah I still feel pretty but I just missed out on one of the highlights of my day! Primping! I think girls ***** about makeup wearers cause theyr jealous and lazy, or are just judging those with terrible makeup application...I hate that too. But not all makeup is bad! only if you are misguided!

Hmmm...Me Makeup? Never... My Bf Says Too Much And Even Too Little Or Jsut The Wrong Kind Make Girls Look Like CLowns I Mean Seriously I Want TO Wear A Little Mascara But I Wouldnt Dare Cover Up My Skin With Concealer And Fake Eyelashes I Like My Short Lashes And I Like My 2 Or 3 Blemished Skin And He Likes It To...But When Girls Wear Make Up I Think They Are Insecure And The ONlY Reason Boys May Like Make Up On Girls Is Because The Bright Colors Stand Out And Are Appealing Or Either It Make THem Look Like Little Fake Barbies...I don't Know Maybe Its Just In The Girls Hormones To Be Attracted To It ... But In My Opinion Mascara Is Pretty But All The Eye Shadow/Concealer/Foundation/Fake This And Fake That Is A Complete No No!

I don't agree with the whole 'natural beauty' thing and that guys like it.I mean theyr always attracted to all these girls and these celebs and most of them do wear makeup.I'm not saying yu have to but just cuz yu do doesnt mean yu have low self esteem . I started wearing makeup in gr 8 and I don't liek to leave the house without it. I'm fine with the way I look but its in my automatic schedual now to wear makeup because I personally feel that it enhances my features .I wear, eyeliner, mascara,foundation,powder and sometimes blush.Mascara and a line of eyeliner I don't think is too much. The liquid foundation I use barely covers anything its extremely sheer but I have dark circles so I have to use that. I use a tiny bit of powder like 2cm3 just so my makeup stays matte and sometimes blush but I just use the brush with the blush that was on it three days ago which is like barely anything but it gives yu a nice glow. My makeup doesnt look cakey and its applied fine. People thought I looked good even before makeup so I don't think people have to hate the way they look just to wear it. And even if yur 'ugly' makeup wont transform that , yu have to look a little pretty for yu to enhance that.So thats my opinion. I wear it because I think I look good and thats all that matters.Right?-reply by rachel

I don't wear make-up but I don't think I'm prettier without it. I just prefer a more natural look. I'm pretty low-key when it comes to all of that stuff. (Plus I'm sort of lazy and I figure make-up is an unneeded step, haha.) I figure if someone doesn't like the way I look, then they don't have to look at me. :-P Every once in a while I'll put it on if I'm going somewhere where I want to look my absolute best, but I tend to keep it to a minimum (eyeliner, a little eyeshadow, and some chapstick or lipgloss). I don't wear foundation/base or anything like that because it tends to create a never-ending cycle of clogged pores, breakouts, trying to cover it up with more make-up, and then it continues again. Anyway, that was beside the point I think. My point is, some girls are prettier without it, some girls need it to look good. Either way, make-up can't change the overall look. It might make someone look a little better (I'll admit, I look a little better when I do choose to wear make-up) but if someone isn't that pretty to begin with, there's only so much one can do to cover that up.

It depends.

For the most part, I think that most girls actually are more attractive without make-up. Going au naturale actually works for every girl, and I would prefer one without than the same one with.

However, if it is not overdone like most girls tend to do, make-up can accentuate and bring out certain facial features. I am not a huge fan of lipstick, and I think it's one of the first things that make a girl absolutely artificial. However, some girls probably can do lipstick well in the sense that they can actually apply it correctly and with the right color, it could help with the whole ensemble (or ruin it). I do like eye makeup, but that's VERY easily overdone too... and it looks horrible. I'm not sure what you girls call it, but it's darkening the outline of your eyes... not eye shadow, I don't think. (Eye shadow is another thing that I think is rather horrid for the most part.)

Girls have to remember that make-up is there to touch up on some things and maybe make some features look SLIGHTLY better... but it won't improve anything. It's too bad that girls are mostly brainwashed by our society and "cover girls" and models to care about what we actually have to say... I actually find a LOT of girls rather attractive.

To put a more humorous twist on it, you can't fix "ugly," and you can only polish a turd so much. But for those of you who actually think you're ugly are usually the girls who aren't, and for those of you girls who actually cake the make-up on actually become eyesores, and for those that don't give a d*mn are probably actually pretty but obnoxious enough to be a turn-off anyway... so make what you can of it and remember this: if you're trying that damn hard to impress a guy, you're most likely going to attract the shallow retard that's not worth keeping. ;)

Let me first say that I am a girl who does wear light makeup on a daily basis. In my opinion, I think that makeup does make a girl look prettier, provided that she knows how to use the makeup. Makeup shouldn't be used to completely change how a person looks; rather, it should be used to accentuate features. Oftentimes, I do believe that using heavy makeup is unattractive, simply because it is hard to do it right.I think that most girls don't realize how pretty they are naturally, instead preferring to cover themselves in powder, foundation, and the like, believing that they can hide a part of themselves that they don't like. What many people don't realize is that in attempting to cover what they don't like, they are actually making it more noticeable.So does makeup actually make a girl prettier or more attractive? I think that it depends on how the makeup is used and applied. If done correctly, it can make a huge difference. If not, well...let's just say that natural is the way to go.

In my opinion, depends how the girl looks like. I don't really like to see too much makeup on them but still, some of it, depending on the girl may make her... sexy? :P*man obscure thinking ON and RUNNING* ;)

Girls always look 'prettier' in their true stature. Without makeup is better because then we can see who the person really looks like. I have seen girls with makeup and it can look kind of sickening because of the amount they use. I've also seen the same girls without makeup and they look much better than when they had makeup on. I'd say that you'd only use makeup in small quantities only on special occasions and not everywhere you go.

Wow... I must say, that's a very long post, Phoenix.Illusion...Anyhow, now, for my opinion.I think that make up is fine by me, as long as it isn't excessive. If it's excessive, then it will most likely than not look horrible.Personally though, I prefer girls that don't wear make up at all, as it just shows that she isn't obsessed with the whole:"Oh my god, if I don't wear make up I'll look terrible!"world. So yeah.Light make up is fine by me, just to add a few touches to their complexity and all that. But then, if you want to wear light make up, why bother putting up any make up on in the first place?This is so annoying!!!

I actually have this debate fairly regularly with my girlfriend, mainly due to the time it takes for her to get ready more than anything else. ;)Don't get me wrong, to my eyes she looks stunning either way, but when it comes to this particular argument she wins in the end for two reasons: she thinks she looks better with makeup than without, so if I don't mind either way than why not make her happy? Secondly, I'm wearing the mythical rose-tinted glasses that everyone else lacks when looking at her. What I might see as utterly gorgeous others might not, so in that respect I'm happy for her to spend a little time each morning (and I'm lucky in that she doesn't take as long as most) sorting herself out. It gives her peace of mind which boosts her confidence up a few notches, which to me is always a good thing.

Definitely without makeup, i find it especially attractive if they feel confident that they don't need it.

haha, a guy i used to be obsessed with actually told me once,you know i want to date you and all, and you are really pretty but A LITTLE MAKEUP WOULDNT HURT;/i think it depends on the girl too. i like makeup that does not seem like i have it on (NOt emo hardcore makeup)but sure makes me look betterthere are small tricks to make your skin look a little better and make your eyes stand out, without people knowing you are wearing makeup.

It dependI see Some girls are prettier with those (and some, with great ability, are much, much prettier as if you professionally photoshop them) and turn out magnificentBut some other makes me sick just for looking at themPersonally, i preferr makeup-less girls. Well how to say it, the person who you will see everyday is that makeup-less face, her real face. No matter how she done all the makeup, she'll have to remove it later anyway :P

..A lil' make-up is good...Preferably for the lips, just enough to give color and luster..The rest, I really don't feel like using 'em. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif ..Nothng beats the natural look, you know.Confdence based on make-up isn't confdence at all..It's just a way to cover up for the lack of it.Heh...I don't appreciate too much make-up.Not that I mind other girls using 'em.But I think wearing make-up to the point of putting mask over your real features is more of deceiving others to earn good impressions to feel good about urself..