xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

google chrome is the fastest.The Fastest Browser

Google chrome is the fastest browser. I've tried it out and believe me it's the fastest.

-reply by Akshay

There are battles between different browsers for a long time now and it all began when netscape and microsoft started the war;) First is now almost forgotten and the second one survived and is today fighting mostly with Mozilla, Firefox and Opera.

Each of those has many fans which will say that his browser is the best! But WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST???

On the page HowToCreate they tried to answer that question as they were comparing the most popular browsers for Linux (Firefox, Mozilla, Konqeror, Opera, Epiphany), Mac OS X (Safari, Opera, OmniWeb, IE, iCab, Firefox, Camino) and Windows (Avant, Escape, Clue, Firefox, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape). They were comparing "coldstart", "warmstart" and the speed of CSS rendering, pictures, scripts and history...

Results are here: Not a single browser is as good as OPERA which is THE FASTEST BROWSER at the moment and is the most apropriate for every platform.

YOU DONT BELIEVE?

Its hard to believe Posted Image ....feel free to comment

Google Chrome is the fastest browser, even though it has some compatibility issues when browsing some certain sites

and when that happen Firefox is the second option to use

I have to agree, Firefox & Opera followed by Safari for the PC are the fastest out there. If you say Google chrome is faster you should be banned from this part of the forum, That came way down at the bottom....

I would have to say that google chrome beats all the browsers like Safari, internet explorer, and yes even firefox mainly because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the others have. It's just a simple web browser.

Google chrome feels quite fast as it is using a really good engine, webkit, the same Safari is using and almost the same khtml is, because webkit is based on khtml and khtml is the engine Konqueror on Linux is used which is really a very fast browser with this kind of features..Google chrome is fast because it has nothing, now features except a simple GUI and Webkit as it's engine to parse html, css and javascript and plugins.But I think that Opera with it's new engine is one of the fastest browser, tests never really work, because on different computers they differ, but Opera has so much features all in one and it really is fast, Firefox on the other hand is fast when browsing, it's startup is quite slow loading, but with all the addons it has really lots of features we need and don't need :D

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I'm that suprised. Opera has always been fast, but Chrome wasn't out so I guess I think they didn't look at it. Chrome has been abnormally fast at loading webpages and activating them, but its not suprising since everything Google does has one good feature and the others aren't that amazing. I love Opera until it got infected and started slowing down. I find that even though FF doesn't have the speed of other browsers, and isn't as heavy in features, it makes up with its addons. Not only are the addons quick and easy to use, there are so many, that one could wish that they could download all of them,and still not make the browser as large as Opera. I find that without standard addons other browsers can't compete, and thats why Opera doesn't have as large as a community as well FF and well Microsoft IE, since its the default browser, and few people know that there is more than browser unless someone tells them.

I agreeThe Fastest Browser

Opera is super fast but I some how feel really comfortable with mozilla firefox. I'm running on windows vista home basic which is terrible. But mozilla has shown no problem. When I use opera I sometimes have the same problem as kummy. 

-reply by Mike6699

I think you ought to consider more than just speed when you evaluate browsers. Supporting additional standards (Eg. CSS3) requires more processing. This makes it un-fair to pit an old browser against a newer one for a mere speed comparison. Would a difference of half a second make much of a difference to you if the browser couldn't display the content in the way it was intended?

If, however, I did support speed comparisons...

Although I really love Opera, which is great for older PCs, I would say Lynx is the fastest browser I know of :lol:

You would say, "But it is a text browser!". Yes, that it is, but it is a web browser and it is faster than any of the browsers mentioned in the report. Lynx doesn't have to bother about CSS support, image rendering or anything of the sort.

There are battles between different browsers for a long time now and it all began when netscape and microsoft started the war;) First is now almost forgotten and the second one survived and is today fighting mostly with Mozilla, Firefox and Opera.

Each of those has many fans which will say that his browser is the best! But WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST???

On the page HowToCreate they tried to answer that question as they were comparing the most popular browsers for Linux (Firefox, Mozilla, Konqeror, Opera, Epiphany), Mac OS X (Safari, Opera, OmniWeb, IE, iCab, Firefox, Camino) and Windows (Avant, Escape, Clue, Firefox, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape). They were comparing "coldstart", "warmstart" and the speed of CSS rendering, pictures, scripts and history...

Results are here: Not a single browser is as good as OPERA which is THE FASTEST BROWSER at the moment and is the most apropriate for every platform.

YOU DONT BELIEVE?

Its hard to believe Posted Image ....feel free to comment

i would never use safari on a PC. why? its not worth the maybe small boost in speeds that you get. since safari was designed for Macs the amount of tweaks they needed to do in order to port it over to PC is insane. in one of my classes last year we compared the amount of files/folders/registry changes that were made when installing various browsers.the results were obtained using a freeware program that would snap a photo essentially of your file structure and registry. then you make some changes, run it again and you can see the stats. after doing this with a variety of browsers, Safari on PC was hands down the worse as there were SOOOO many more things changed than with any other browser.

Many says that Opera is the fastest browser in the world, and it can be like that, but mozilla is the best, no meather is it slow or is it bad :)

I disagree. Whenever I use Opera it's damn slow loading websites, Mozilla Firefox loads them in seconds even in crap internets (I don't have 1 though). I have a feeling that Opera doubles the download size of pages and then it's slow. People also say it's the best for Javascript. False for me, very slow. Safari, same. It's just slow, but its interface is cool. Some websites load fast, other slow, meh. I still prefer FF.

I have used many browsers, but my favorite is Mozilla Firefox,...It has got the coolest design...and numerous addons...Opera might be the fastest one..but its not the best one..as many sites are not rendered correctly by it...it lacks in some of the features of Firefox and Firefox's coolest addons....So the final verdict is ..."Firefox is the best".

I disagree. Whenever I use Opera it's damn slow loading websites, Mozilla Firefox loads them in seconds even in crap internets (I don't have 1 though). I have a feeling that Opera doubles the download size of pages and then it's slow. People also say it's the best for Javascript. False for me, very slow. Safari, same. It's just slow, but its interface is cool. Some websites load fast, other slow, meh. I still prefer FF.

You lack of understanding of how those browsers render the sites. Opera tend to capture everything and shows everything in a shot. Firefox captures body text and css first before putting in images and everything else. Safari loads site quite identical with Opera but it have very poor support for Flash content.

Opera loads application based sites very quickly which will be slow in Firefox while Firefox loads regular sites very quickly which opposed to Opera. For me, Gmail loads super fast in Opera compared to Firefox and web based games site like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ loads very well in Firefox than Opera and Safari.

Modern browsers is fast and the bar have yet to be raised. Even with the new FF 3.5 it is not as fast as i imagined but it does the job.