xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

Thats kinda random...Mozilla say they are fast (or i think they do,) apple say that safari is the fastest due to an experiment, IE is on basically every Windows computer but when I use Opera, it lags like... it just really lags. Are you sure the conducters of the experiment don't use Opera?

Firefox for the win! If you change some settings on firefox, it's 100x faster then anything else!

Firefox is slower than Triton, Opera, and KHTML/WebKit with setting changes....

I always thought that Opera was slower than Firefox! It seemed that way to me...

That could be caused by any number of things, but Opera beats out Firefox in almost every speed test.

There are plenty of other Gecko (the rendering engine that Firefox uses) based browsers around. Perhaps you should take a look at K-Meleon and some of the others. They don't have the memory problems that Firefox has.

Ooh. Thanks for the tip. Be handy to have a lightweight browser for my travelling USB ;)

...and while Firefox may get speed improvements (I still doubt that it will match Opera), there're still issues with a browser that has such problems 'out of the box', as it were.

No, the main reason I really love Firefox (which is why the memory issue really gets my goat...because I do like it, after all!) is the plugins. Plugins are what pushed Photoshop ahead of it's competitors (IMO) in the past (now, it's just cos nothing else really compares :D ), plugins are what make Firefox great.

...now, if I could get Opera with FF plugins, I think I'd die happy. Yes, I do want the moon on a stick. :rolleyes:

Back on topic - the fastest one is going to be Lynx though (yeah, that's cheating :D) (BTW - anyone used Lynx?)

its hard to belive....i thought that mozilla was the fastest.... i used Ie for a long time... even if they had pop up blockers it didnt block any pop ups.... its really sad when u see a bad pop up with bad pics on the computer

Ooh. Thanks for the tip. Be handy to have a lightweight browser for my travelling USB ;)

...and while Firefox may get speed improvements (I still doubt that it will match Opera), there're still issues with a browser that has such problems 'out of the box', as it were.

No, the main reason I really love Firefox (which is why the memory issue really gets my goat...because I do like it, after all!) is the plugins. Plugins are what pushed Photoshop ahead of it's competitors (IMO) in the past (now, it's just cos nothing else really compares :D ), plugins are what make Firefox great.

...now, if I could get Opera with FF plugins, I think I'd die happy. Yes, I do want the moon on a stick. :rolleyes:

Back on topic - the fastest one is going to be Lynx though (yeah, that's cheating :D ) (BTW - anyone used Lynx?)

Any, good web designer has. If you don't test in text-based browsers then you won't have any idea how search engine spiders see your website.

I've never really thought about difference in browsing speed before. I always thought it was attributed to the website itself. I've used Opera before. It's quite decent, but it is incompatitible with certain sites, like Gmail, as mentioned above. I still like firefox best.

I prefer Opera over all the others that I've tried (IE, Firefox, Netscape, MSNExplorer and others). It really renders fastest for me, takes up least memory (with an occassional glitch that makes it hang) and the guys working on it try VERY hard to comply with all web design standards. In this way, I think that it renders proper CSS and XHTML the best way possible as compared to the other browsers. I personally hate IE because it is ABYSMAL at rendering CSS. IE likes to do things its own way so lots of elements are sometimes repeated, shown in the wrong place, or not even shown at all.I also like a lot of Opera's features, notably the custom search engine keywords you can make for the adress bar. For example, (by default) typing 'g Xisto' automatically takes you to google with 'Xisto' as your search query. You can add more support for more search engines very easily. For example, I can type 'wiki (search term without parentheses)' and it takes me to the wikipedia article for the search term. I also have this implemented for ebay, amazon, and a host of other search-type engines.So yeah, Opera is my favority web browser, and Firefox would be my 2nd choice (which is why I have it installed as well).

I chose none of the above.I choose.Avant Browser.Its a easy to use browser that has easy disabling of activeX, javascript, scripts ,pictures, etc.If you know how to use it,you'll never get a virus by visiting a website.You browsing will be sped up from the picture or flash or script disabling, though some site need scripts.

Opera is fast, but to be honest, I don't really see that much of a difference between Opera and Firefox. I occasionally switch to Opera, but there are sites that were designed to be used by FireFox and IE, but do not display properly in Opera, so I end up changing back to Firefox. Also, I know my way around the Firefox UI a lot better than I do the Opera UI.

Also, the main reason I always used to use Opera was because of the saved sessions, but then I realized that firefox can do that too, so i'm currently using FireFox again :)

I use firefox i'm not sure its the fastest but the features are good which is more important. I like it and would recommend it anyday though if your looking for fast try elseware as its not that impressive when it comes to speed!!