xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

There are battles between different browsers for a long time now and it all began when netscape and microsoft started the war;) First is now almost forgotten and the second one survived and is today fighting mostly with Mozilla, Firefox and Opera.

Each of those has many fans which will say that his browser is the best! But WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST???

On the page HowToCreate they tried to answer that question as they were comparing the most popular browsers for Linux (Firefox, Mozilla, Konqeror, Opera, Epiphany), Mac OS X (Safari, Opera, OmniWeb, IE, iCab, Firefox, Camino) and Windows (Avant, Escape, Clue, Firefox, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape). They were comparing "coldstart", "warmstart" and the speed of CSS rendering, pictures, scripts and history...

Results are here: Not a single browser is as good as OPERA which is THE FASTEST BROWSER at the moment and is the most apropriate for every platform.

YOU DONT BELIEVE?

Its hard to believe :D ....feel free to comment

firefox wins the prize

huh, you didn't know that?*
*myself i think that IE is somewhat faster than others (but not better anyways)

yah with my experience i had found IE was faster then firefox but for sure opera was the fastest one out the the three (FF IE opera) that's for sure.

I have to go with Mozilla Firefox for speed. When i made the change from InetExplorer my jaw was on the table, it basically made my browsing roughly 20% faster and my downloads a bit faster :D

Doesn't feature Firefox 3.0 which is coming out tomorrow I believe, that article is a two year old article.I've used opera, and loved it lol. It is amazingly fast, quick and speedy. It loads everything with incredible speed, and with no bugs. I really liked it, but it didn't have the Firefox feel to it, which I'd missed after using opera for about a week. So I turned back to Firefox and still use it now.Isn't there a method to speed up Firefox? I'm sure there's a tutorial on Xisto somewhere, it involves altering the config section of Firefox. Do those results from that site including config the browsers to it's optimism speed?

Well I think Firefox is the best, just all round.Maybe it might not be the fastest like Opera or lightest like Chrome but it sure is a good browser all round. It's not to slow and it is packed with features, addons, extensions etc. I just love it!

Well on the latest speed test fro ma few websites it would seem that Google Chrome is the fastest browser with Opera 9.6 and Firefox 3.x fighting for second, Internet Explorer going third and Safari coming in dead last even though its render engine is faster in some areas then the other four. Of course, I do find it interesting that if you get the right extensions for firefox you could actually slow it down considerably and so it becomes a guessing game as to which ones to disable.

Of course, I do find it interesting that if you get the right extensions for firefox you could actually slow it down considerably

Wouldn't that... make them the wrong extensions!?

I have used loads of browsers, because i always try and test the websites that i work hard on in lots of browsers, to ensure maximum compatibility. Although i dont normally use lynx, it is very fast!Firefox is my default browser, but it can be quite slow, infact IE is often faster, yet so unreliable. I would say, that although IE is sometimes faster than FF, I spend less time, getting more done in FF, as it crashes a lot less.