xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

There are battles between different browsers for a long time now and it all began when netscape and microsoft started the war;) First is now almost forgotten and the second one survived and is today fighting mostly with Mozilla, Firefox and Opera.

Each of those has many fans which will say that his browser is the best! But WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST???

On the page HowToCreate they tried to answer that question as they were comparing the most popular browsers for Linux (Firefox, Mozilla, Konqeror, Opera, Epiphany), Mac OS X (Safari, Opera, OmniWeb, IE, iCab, Firefox, Camino) and Windows (Avant, Escape, Clue, Firefox, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape). They were comparing "coldstart", "warmstart" and the speed of CSS rendering, pictures, scripts and history...

Results are here: Not a single browser is as good as OPERA which is THE FASTEST BROWSER at the moment and is the most apropriate for every platform.

YOU DONT BELIEVE?

Its hard to believe :) ....feel free to comment

Hi heavensounds,

True, Opera IS the fastest browser due to smallest "footprint" (ie. compactness of code) & stripped down "features".

Just 2 cents worth.

63041[/snapback]

i like opera too, but anybody explain me why if i check my email to gmail, the website says that my browser is not compatible with the site?? after i sign in, the structure of the site is sometimes mess up... :)

For kummy,gmail is currently suitable for IE 5.5+, Netscape 7.1+, Mozilla 1.4+, Firefox 0.8+, Safari 1.2.1+For unsupported browsers like IE 4.0+, Netscape 4.07+, Opera 6.03+, you'll be automatically directed to the basic HTML view of Gmail.So you will still be able to log in to your Gmail account from these browsers but with limitations.You will find features missing in unsupported browsers.To name a few :Filter creation Settings Spell checker Keyboard shortcuts Address auto-completeFor access to all of Gmail’s features, sign in to your account from a fully supported browser, and make sure you have cookies and JavaScript enabled.With Reference from Gmail.com

I already know that Opera is the fastest brower. But I will stick to firefox because speed is not the only crietiria for selecting a brwoser. Many websites are not viewed correctly in opera. Gmail and Yahoo Mail are examples of such websites. And the most liked thing is the Extensions feature in Firefox.

I currently use Firefox, because of its design. I used to use netscape, then went back to IE, still didnt like it. Then Firebird (beta of Firefox) came out, and I really liked it.

huh, you didn't know that?*

*myself i think that IE is somewhat faster than others (but not better anyways)

63013[/snapback]

I think same. Internet Explorer is fastest because is loaded with Windows. When you start Internet Explorer (click on blue E), only IE window will load.

I did use IE for as long as i can remember, but now im hooked on firefox for a few reasons, the featurees, the tabbed browsing, and the way it also seems to help block the spyware that always seems to infect IE. (god i hate those IE takeover pages that would replace ur homepage with theirs, and ur search engine and error pages too!) spyware needs to die...

i think opera and firefox are fairly the same .. but obviouslt both are way better and faster than ie .. i personally use firefox and i like it .. i tried opera but i dont see much difference between them

i used ie6. as i seen ie5 it doesn't support gmail .and i forced to switch to ie6.i on another hand also use upadted mozilla kid firefox.it is very good browser i think.

gmail is currently suitable for IE 5.5+, Netscape 7.1+, Mozilla 1.4+, Firefox 0.8+, Safari 1.2.1+

For unsupported browsers like IE 4.0+, Netscape 4.07+, Opera 6.03+, you'll be automatically directed to the basic HTML view of Gmail.

So you will still be able to log in to your Gmail account from these browsers but with limitations.

64745[/snapback]

mmm... even when i use Opera 8 beta 2, the lastest software of Opera...

Results are here: Not a single browser is as good as OPERA which is THE FASTEST BROWSER at the moment and is the most apropriate for every platform.

62982[/snapback]

But is Opera the safest brower.... I'm gona try it myself I think. I'm using Microsoft's IE and Mozilla's Firefox now. Firefox is sloooowww, and IE isn't safe enough (I'm using IE 6 with SP 2)

I hope that it works for me

i think mozilla firefox is the fastest web-browser right now and i hadn't used internet explorer for a long time due to its security affairs . i feel a lot free from spyware when i use mozilla firefox . anyway i haven't try other web browsers like nescape