xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, above, its Xisto..........But it is pretty annoying that you always has to post in the foums.....dont like that! Same time, i understand, cause they do have to get something to live of..............im looking around for some good host, and so far, this looks to be the best!thx Xisto!

It certainly is.I actually like the community here, though I hope more programmers and things will end up here also (especially in some of my main development interests), and it can be annoying if you don't have a way to contribute on anything current or things are going a bit slow.But sometimes I have questions I am unsure of where they could be answered, I just remember that Xisto is always here, I can benefit from the points, hopefully contribute here and at the same time have my answers questioned or at least perhaps get a better understanding of my predicament.I'm not sure if it is just me, but things seem so slow lately, it might be because I usually only check out topics listed on the main page per my usual catergories, rather than go right into them, maybe I should start doing that, or I might miss things again lol.

I dont have a favorite. I like Cpanel and other linux programs. Plesk is way cool for windows users. I think that web hosting should be free for everyone. Why not? I have clearwire and I have some free server software that I use. I would like to put a web site on a server thats always on and that has enough connection rate. In my opinion Bandwidth is just a gimic to alot of dishonest people to bill you for providing them with absolutly nothing in return. Besides, how do we know how many people looked at your page anyway?For all we know, online counters could be altered remotely. Hit countersWeb statisticsPage viewsect.A computer program simply counts the amount of data transmited, which on a text based bbs is close to nothing.Only advanced web pages with embedded rollovers, large images, and flash videos requires a small ammount of bandwidth. Even CGI, PERL and PHP is so small it almost transfers text data instantaniously.So who determines how much bandwidth you use? So what? keep the server running, if someone finds it interesting enough to come back again, that is when you have an interesting page worth keeping.

I have not registered any free web hosting yet. But surely I will, after I get enough hosting credits here.I think the question should not be about favourite free host, but try to judge which is the best (fastest, lowest downtime, best packages, or any other measurements).

Astahost, of couse. Geocities is past it's time, it's no longer 1999, Freewebs instantly sets a bad impression for your site, even if it's coded properly without templates, Gatorhost has had bad reviews, 50webs has low specs, haven't heard of the rest. Though I shall give my opinion on my old host, Core-Fusion. They were a perfect host for a period of time, however, they decided to remove their old system, similiar to that of Xisto, in favour of one based on postcount. With it, a decent package cost 65 posts a month. I stayed with them for a while, then (for the better, I'll explain later), a hacker attacked our IPB 1.3 boards whilst going through and defacing many other small boards. I removed him, but decided to move to AEF, a different forum system. A day was spent on a temporary board on a very poor free host, in that time, I gained hosting credits here and started an account. A few uploads later, and I was on Xisto. I was extremely pleased with it, downtime was low, speed was high, and it had a nice community, so posting on the forums wasn't a chore, unlike the inactive core-fusion forums.So, to summarize what I've said, Xisto wins my vote.

Well, I haven't tried Xisto yet, but since I hear it is very similar to the hosting found at Trap 17 (both provided by Xisto), I would guess it is the best out of the list. I used to have a Xisto account and the combination of the features and no ad made it my favorite free host. I've tried FreeWebs and Geocities before and they weren't to good of hosts, however, I loved 50webs. The only reason I no longer use 50webs is because of the lack of support it provides for PHP and MySQL since I am trying to create a Forum. I don't think I've ever tried Atspace or Hostlix, or even heard of either.

I think Xisto is the best free host. Even though you need forum post, it pays off with Free Professional Hosting. it has as many Mysql databases as you want and a massive 500mb of space for a free webhost provider.I get people telling me that this is the best

Being new on this site, I haven't actually tried out the Xisto web hosting but package wise Xisto is the best. Geocites is horrible, as I tried to host a site on their servers made with M/S FrontPage and the themes on the site packed up. One that isn't on there is 100WebSpace, which I host a site on at the moment. It has brilliant features but i am changing as it has put unsuitable ads on my site, eg. Dating on a Sport site.So, Xisto it is then! :( Like i would say anything else on their board.

After a LOT of experience with other hosting companies, including Googlepages, Freewebs, Byethost, Xtreemhost, and others, I think that this site, Xisto is one of the best, if not the best.Googlepages is a bit lacking on costumization, and lags on my computer. Freewebs is okay, but all the templates look too clean and uncostumizeable. Also they put advertisements after every 7 paragraphs per page, and only allow 20 pages maximum. The only good thing with them is that they have a good do-it-yourself password protection without the knowledge of htaccess, perfect for beginners.Byethost and Xtreemhost, I think, are related companies. Byethost's features aren't all that great, and many times redirect you to one of their pages. Xtreemhost is a good hoster, but also has the redirection problem.

Despite the recent problems, I still feel that Xisto is the best free host around. Some, however aren't far behind. For instance, Core-Fusion, my previous host, had excellent features. However, their support staff are poor at best. It took them a long time to change my account type, after they changed their post to host system (once it was based on quality posts number of letters, now it's using postcount), in fact, I'd moved to Xisto before they changed it. Then there are some slightly better ones, such as byethost, however, as mentioned by the above poster, they occasionally redirect you to their pages, making permanent use of it unfeasible at best for large sites. Freewebs is vile and disgusting. It lacks so many features, and when I see a site hosted on it, I instantly ask the owner to get better hosting. Geocities is almostas bad. Huge advertisements are an irritation, and again, lack of features.

I think addfree and free proessional hosting beats most. I used be a member of a place called hosmatrix who offered the same services as ATA host but they were very very unstableTheir server keps getting hacked, and people were loosing their accounts. The amount of space given was just too little to do anything with. I recently lost all my info, and account with their hosting..Can't say anything cause its free but i would like some stability. SO i will vote for ATA, even though i am still yet not sure, how their service it :(