xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hahaha it's pretty funny that some people chose Geocities as their favorite web host. It's just plain hilarious!!Geocities? Bah humbug.Anyway, I'm wondering what Atspace is :) But still... Xisto is one of the best "must-post-for-hosting" hosting services. Good bandwidth, good storage space, good uptime, good services.Thanks to ya'll :)

Don't like the others at all. Ads or not the services I need (FTP/PHP/MySQL). However I don't use Xisto for storage though, although I could.Orbitfiles.com for various large files, and the ftp from my internet provider for images and smaller stuff. I find the latter 2 more reliable because of the forced posting policy of Xisto.

Ahh yep would have to agree on that one.I have used Freewebs, Geocities, Gatorhost (If I remember correctly) and 50webs out of that list and I wouldn't even bother trying to compare them to asta-host because they are not even close.Perhaps they have their purpose, not most certainly not for me.

I used to a buildtolearn members.. but the server started going slow and it probably died. I liked it while it lasted.I hope Xisto gives me all I needed out of hosting and that too for FREE! And from what I hear from others and the reason why I joined Xisto. I give my VOTE to Xisto! :P

I have used noads.biz web hosting service.That is no advertisements and free hosting. They did not support any database or php cgi etc. Suddenly one day they e mailed me saying that their sever is closing and back up all my files. Overall my experience was not good.Thanks

That doesn't sound too good.Did they give you reasonable notice? (e.g. a week or two to have the stuff backed up).Any provider isn't much use these days without PHP and Database support among other features eh.

I was searching online for a free webhost (before Xisto, of course) and Office Live popped up first on the list of results. I investigated further. They where hosting free domain names and ASP scripting. I tried to sign up. Halfway through, it promted me for my credit card number. One thing led to another, and now I use Xisto.My vote is obvious: Xisto

A long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away...

I was using PHP1h.com. It seemed like a pretty good host. Unmetered Bandwidth, a good amount of space, PHP scripts, .htaccess.

All untill a few weeks ago. I recieved an email from the support team saying that they would be upgrading their servers.

The next thing I knew, all my files were gone! They had changed all the usernames to something insane, like P_716392. I emailed them multiple times, but to no avail.

GO ASTRAHOST!

Hey guys,Well im new hear so i can't really rate this host service but i can say that the free clients are happy hear and thats goods for any hosting cmopany. Also this is the first company that has an automated forum hosting system that connect to WHM. Most free companies don't have such software either because they cannot afford it or they don't have the nec. php skills to design one. Also, any host that offers cPanel hosting on a linux server is always a great solution. I used to run a private company which was at first as sub company of OLDDH, went independent and learned how to manage linux servers. Quite easy if you know how to config the kernal and don't try to improve it. Anyways maybe when i get hosting i can rate Xisto but untill then all i can say is that any host that is hosted on a linux server is the best service in the world. See ya

I have only tried Geocities in the list you have given.Eventhough I am eligible for a hosting account at Xisto I am waiting for a bit longer (to get atleast 120 credits) so the posting and studies will not clash :) . I think the hosting is really nice thats what I can understand from the experince of the other members.As about the community it is really nice.If you have a question just ask people will answer it..addded that they will get credits for helping other members will be more willing to spend thier time.In my opinion this site is really usefull just because of the community alone.I will post my experience aftre I got a web hosting account.

I currently use 4000Webs that offers 4000MB of storage and bandwidth but I keep a backup of my webpage at 50Webs. I don't have enough credits to get a hosting plan at Xisto yet so I can't review it. If I remember correctly, 4000Web also doesn't have a visual editor, like 50Webs, but I write my pages in html, so it isn't much of a concern to me.

Hey guys, In my last post on this forum i stated that a good host is always one that user a linux based server with cPAnel. I know this beccause i used to manage my own dedicated xeon servers. Anyways, i can now say that Xisto is a great dedicated host. They offer packages that don't oversell, they have good servers that are owned by the Xisto network. They server we are currently on is a dual xeon server which always has low CPU useage. That is always good on any server. Anyways, if you want to get FREE hosting, then get it here! I am out, long essay to write tonight for goverment.