xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not really sure on this because i havn't used Xisto, i havn't used most of the hosts on the list, i've only used geocities and freewebs.I like freewebs HTML option, it's really good expecially if you want a site and you have a proper domain and everything because you don't get all the ads on it and it's much cleaner and fresher because of that.Freewebs Rules-Lewis

I think Xisto is great because you don't have to keep posting on the forum every month and you can come back whenever you want to post so there's not pressure. I also the like the fact it provides the Cpanel which enables me to get my CGI forms working. My second favourite has to be lifelesspeople because althought I've got to fill a quota of posts every month it provides a great service and there's always someone to take to if you've got a problem on the forum. The community is really active and the discussion are great.

In the first phaze, I just thought of asta as a webhost without ads and a payne in the butt method of earning points (OK, sometimes, I still do). So, I tried virtually all possible web hosts, from the awesomely uptimed lycos, to the amazingly feature rich 110mb. With pros and cons in each one of them, I had to come back to asta. But, this time, I realized the real benefits of asta and since then haven't looked back.

Lemme just list some of the pros and cons of some of the free webhosts I used:-

Lycos:-

+ Almost 100% uptime, infact never seen my site go down on it.

+ Unlimited Bandwidth

+ POP3 E-mail Support

- Ads popping and framing up from all around my pages.

- Extremely low space of 50 MB

- Extremely big site address: http://lygo.com/ly/sitemissing.html

- FTP Never works

IPDZ:-

+ Unlimited Bandwidth

+ No Ads

+ Short Web Address: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- No POP3 E-Mail Support

- Frequent Down Times

- Slow Speed

- Only Access Database

- Listed as phishing site in McAfee Site Advisor

- No CPanel (The thing they have is not qualified to be called one)

Awardspace:-

+ No Ads

+ 200MB Webspace

- Bandwidth limit

- Max File size limit set to 500 KB

- Some Downtimes

Ifastnet:-

+ Good Webspace - 300 MB

+ Good Bandwidth - 20 GB

+ No Filze Size limitation

+ No Ads

- Frequent Downtimes

110mb:-

+ Huge webspace - 2000 MB

+ Immense Bandwidth - 100 GB

+ No Ads

+ Good load speed

+ Good Web based file manager

- FTP doesn't always work

- Feature fluctuations - Dunno when they'll take a feature off or introduce ads or forum postings.

- No MYSQL (Uses some other free thingy which is no match to MYSQL, although it is faster)

Xisto:-

+ No Ads

+ Good Web Space - 150 MB

+ Virtually all possible features (Just look at the size of the CPanel :) )

+ Excellent support due to the knowledgebale community

In short, THERE IS NO BETTER FREE HOST THAN ASTA

I just hope it stays this way.

In the first phaze, I just thought of asta as a webhost without ads and a payne in the butt method of earning points (OK, sometimes, I still do). So, I tried virtually all possible web hosts, from the awesomely uptimed lycos, to the amazingly feature rich 110mb. With pros and cons in each one of them, I had to come back to asta. But, this time, I realized the real benefits of asta and since then haven't looked back.

Lemme just list some of the pros and cons of some of the free webhosts I used:-

Lycos:-

+ Almost 100% uptime, infact never seen my site go down on it.

+ Unlimited Bandwidth

+ POP3 E-mail Support

- Ads popping and framing up from all around my pages.

- Extremely low space of 50 MB

- Extremely big site address: http://lygo.com/ly/sitemissing.html

- FTP Never works

IPDZ:-

+ Unlimited Bandwidth

+ No Ads

+ Short Web Address: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- No POP3 E-Mail Support

- Frequent Down Times

- Slow Speed

- Only Access Database

- Listed as phishing site in McAfee Site Advisor

- No CPanel (The thing they have is not qualified to be called one)

Awardspace:-

+ No Ads

+ 200MB Webspace

- Bandwidth limit

- Max File size limit set to 500 KB

- Some Downtimes

Ifastnet:-

+ Good Webspace - 300 MB

+ Good Bandwidth - 20 GB

+ No Filze Size limitation

+ No Ads

- Frequent Downtimes

110mb:-

+ Huge webspace - 2000 MB

+ Immense Bandwidth - 100 GB

+ No Ads

+ Good load speed

+ Good Web based file manager

- FTP doesn't always work

- Feature fluctuations - Dunno when they'll take a feature off or introduce ads or forum postings.

- No MYSQL (Uses some other free thingy which is no match to MYSQL, although it is faster)

Xisto:-

+ No Ads

+ Good Web Space - 150 MB

+ Virtually all possible features (Just look at the size of the CPanel :) )

+ Excellent support due to the knowledgebale community

In short, THERE IS NO BETTER FREE HOST THAN ASTA

I just hope it stays this way.

I agree with you, i would like it more though if you had the normal theme for cpanel i don't like rvskins, they are hidious.

I found another host the other day which i might try but so far i must say asta are the best.

GO Xisto YOU RULE!!!!!!!

-Lewis

I haven't tried Xisto, but I have tried freewebs. freewebs is ok for me because I'm a real beginner in website creation so I can't really comment. Xisto has a great community though, even without the freehosting, I still think that Xisto is awesome.

Freewebs definitely sucks, my leaps and bounds even compared to how it once was.I wonder if they finally implemented those features they had listed for *YEARS* lol.

From the above,,and from what I ve read here,,I would say Xisto, is definetely the best election.On the other hand, I ve used the frihost forum based host, and it is good, but has a big banner...

Yeah I have been looking for ever for a site that will let you have your own website name like http://ww2.yourname.com/ this and another I found like a couple of years age that alowed me to have a website of my own for free for a year it was http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I have it for a year I have like 5 email account me and my friends had for it too it was pretty cool but it was only for student and u have to copy ur school ID and send it to the to clarify that you were a student, http://www.onesite.com/tools/keyslave.one?url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5vbmVzaXRlLmNvbS8.&core_u=f055b955e42234a9ffdf597a8013d41e&core_x=6d78b9466b4f223a73397fd9ead07bcb&ts=1411828591 but I think this site is a lot better cause it doesn't disqulify some one just because they are not in school

I haven't been hosted on Xisto as of yet (approval pending! ^^), but I must say, I like the community. Right now, I would actually say FusionXHost if it weren't for the fact that they closed down their free hosting division. >__< Honestly, they had awesome service, hosting packages, and a great community, much like this one at Xisto. I've tried AtSpace too, but they don't have enough features and their ads are a bit freaky. XDAs for Freewebs and Geocities, I have left them far behind in the dust. =)Serena

Astahost, of course! What a strange topic.

I haven't tried Xisto yet (which is really ironic of me to go to FASTREPLY ) but I think I'm feeling quite delerious over the fact that I got accepted. And even more so because it was accidently delayed and built up more...excitement. Woot!

Xisto IS GREAT! - Or so, I am 98% convinced, despite not even being hosted yet, because of the positive reviews!

No, I will not conclude at such. I will go back and edit this lousy premature reply after I've tried the hosting.

Most of the free web hosts have annoying ads and those that don't usually have some very tight restrictions on what you have available in terms of hosting your web content. There have been a few where you also earn credits by posting in their forums, but I find Xisto to be in a better environment than them...in terms of forum interface and topics available.Vue, you should be hosted according to your profile. Opaque is working on the issue we had with the server hard drive replacement. So everything should be 100% normal soon :ph34r:

Oh yes, WeaponX, I am hosted. :) Woot!

One thing though, don't you find:

HOSTING CREDITS : 1.32 DAYS.

The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

...a bit threatening? (No seriously, wouldn't that be feeding a bit of a computer addiction? *Gulps*)

Another minor concern is that there are a number of bad reviews at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ about Xisto. :ph34r: I don't know if these things are true, I just hope they aren't. Hopefully someone can come along and clarify every "bad" thing found in the 6 pages.

Edited by Vue (see edit history)

well for now coz i cant say anything in the future I love Xisto specially the web statistics in cpanel I just love it.its free just by participating in the community and I must say almost all of the topic here are worth participating.the support I cant tell for now coz I dont have any problems yet but I can say that the uptime is just greatI want to expand my site hopefully they will offer a third option which will be bigger in sizethanks Xisto for hosting my site

Im posting in this forum for no reasion lol. Jk Xisto is by far the best. I have tried loads of hosts. I love the cpanel and the great 10GB bandwidth. I can get full back-ups all the time without being worried about data transfer. It isn't a scam like all the other sites that say unlimited bandwidth. That in my opinion is the best part (oh and that it is free also). There is no other host even close to Xisto. Don't even look for one. You won't find anouther free one. Though I can't donate yet (I am only 14) I tell loads of people to check it out. Most of them go with trap 17 though and never post :ph34r:Thanks,Sparkx