xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think the message to maintain 10 or more hosting credits is threatening. really, in half an hour you can easily make more than 10 credits, and half an hour a week is hardly feeding computer addiction. Plus don't you find it nice that the first thing you see is your credits so you know how much time left you have? what if you were going on vacation for a couple weeks, but weren't sure how many credits you had, and came back to find your site suspended. I look at the freewebhosts site reviews, and i'm quite surprised at the number of bad reviews Xisto has. I promptly wrote a review as well, and gave it a big 10, but it's sad to see the rating it has. Looking over the posts though, it seems the negative ones are either very old, which was in Xisto's early days, or most recently they're people who have been banned for spamming and are bitter they didn't get their hosting accounts. I'd like to recommend that if you haven't yet rated Xisto there, that you do so, and bring up the ranking a bit.

I agree with graffiti, it is extremely usefull to be able to see my current credit amount of the main forum pages, I always check it when coming here to make sure I'm all good :ph34r:.By the way, what is that site you were speaking of? I haven't heard of anyone here having any real complaints that could not be resolved and quite well I might add. So if you still have it, I may write my own little review to help, I really don't believe Xisto nor it's staff deserve any bad mouthing.I can understand some people being stroppy with the more stricter guidelines/rules for posting more usefull information of a technical nature, but they probably don't understand about the alternative to Xisto and why it exists etc.

I think from what ive heard asta is really good, and the people who have told me know what i like and stuffs... so i hope it is as good as ive heard (probbably is considering the amount of active members) Good Job from what ive heard B)

Well, as of now, Xisto is one of the reliable and industry standard hosting if you consider it among free hosts. Other than that, I would say, if you are looking for some real top class hosting and don't want to do the hardwork, than in that case, consider paid hosting.Asta is good B)

I really think that Xisto is the best free hosting available.At first I wasn't too happy about having to write in the forums but now I really like writing in the forums too and reading it.

This topic is really old, but I couldn't find a large jump in time between replys (showing that it is still active and simply countinued recieving posts over time) which is ok in my optionion. Xisto is the best free webhost out there (this is coming from the person that has tried ever webhost listed there (besides Gator Host because thats not a free host) and many more then just the ones listed. I like Xisto for:-Cpannel (I love it, the best control pannel I have ever seen)-PHP&MySQL support (I really needed a PHP/MySQL host for programming)-Space+Bandwidth (Very good for a free webhost, not the highest I have seen but is good enough for my site at the moment)What I think could make Xisto even better (On most hosts this is easy on Xisto it took me months to find something).-Java Support (This isn't really big but still it would be nice to have, however I haven't come accross a free host that actually supports Java and doesn't just say it does).That is simply my opinion. I think I may have made a post on this topic a real long time ago but I never said why I like Xisto and if I would have edited none would have ever read it.Thanks,Sparkx

I've had geocities before and it wasn't that bad. I couldn't handle all the ads though, but it was a good experience as a starter host. I used netfirms and it was pretty nice, but again, the ad on the top of the page. Those two above didn't let me use php script on it, and this limitation was a bit too much for me. I tried 12gbfree.com as a host, and it's been pretty good, giving 12 gigs of space, and allowing php, sql. But there are some limitations. You can't point your url to it, so that kind of stinks. Xisto seems to be a great hosting package for free, even though the amount of space is very limited. But, hey, it's free! So that's awesome. And ALOT of people have been saying great things about astahsot. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Astahost, DUH :P . Seriously, Xisto is one of the best hosts I have ever come against. I also wasn't so excited about having to post in forums to get a hosting account, and then stay active. But after all it's worth the posting, and I enjoy posting too. The many features make up for the effort :P .