xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anybody has good experience with Byethost. Looks their review is mixed, with a lot of fans, also quite a few complaints about account suspension, lost of data, lost of database, unexpected downtime etc. But people with good experience tend not to post, that's why I would like to seek comments about their free service. I know you get what you paid for, but still if free hosting is existing, it's existing with a reason.

Byethost claimd sit to be the fastest free host in the world.

The graph chart below shows a list of free PHP web hosts that a custom PHP benchmarking script has been run on, which calculates the average execution / processing times in milliseconds (ms) the server takes to process complex mathematical formula. The test is repeated 12 times at 5-second intervals. The test results from the webhost speed / performance benchmark script are then sorted from best (fastest; lowest PHP execution times) to the worst (slowest; highest numbers). There are currently about 100 Free PHP Web Hosting sites listed with reviews on Free-webhosts.com, Free-webhosts has tested most of the popular free hosting companies with the largest infrasturcture which are most likely to be the fastest in the world.

Posted Image

I would love to see where does Xisto stand in the above chart. Since Xisto provide free host alongside the paid service, it must be really good I suppose.

Another one worht mention is:Freehostia

Freehostia offers 250 MB diskspace and 6 GB bandwidth free. The features include fantastic installer, free POP3 email accounts, MySQL databases and much more. They also have CPU limit per account. They inform you about this and they encourage you to see the CPU stats regularly. Their support staff plays vital role in this company. The average response time is around 2 to 3 minutes. This is great service for a free member.

Also it claims uptime is 100%. Tyr a free webhost now since mit's instant activation.

As for the freehopstia, it turns out even though it offers

250 MB diskspace, is pretty much useless as it only offers a maximum file size of 500kb.

This would be a major boomer if that is the case. Any comments would be really appreciate. As I think a decent resolution picture file would easily exceed 500kb. Oh come on if this is the case!?

yet another one is: X10hosting

Someone said free server is great (being that it's free).

Great uptime so far, and they are fast and reliable. People just get upset because others don't want to waste their free time on answering stupid questions - however I'm amazed at how many stupid questions the staff are actually willing to answer. They are just very strict about breaking their rules. A serious offense will give you an instant ban and your account will be deleted, but hey, they have to protect their servers and other users. I can only imagine how great their paid service must be.

Yet another user comments: The worst host I've ever used. 12MB of RAM allocation per hosting. PHP and Javascript are a bannable offense. If you try to host any forum, instant ban. If you try to FTP from two different computers, instant ban. You are not allowed to host any images that are already on Google Images as they use software to look for duplicates and automatically ban you if any duplication is found. SQL, FTP, HTTP...ALL up about half of the time.

So I guess it all depends what do you want and expected from a free service. So I just want to point it out here for the information only.
Edited by yordan
Qutoed the copied text (see edit history)

I first started using the host xtreemhost.com. I loved their hosting until I tried to use php and curl and they had curl disabled. So I needed to get information off of a site to put into my sql database and couldnt because not only did curl not work but also could not use fopen or file_get_contents or exec and many other functions. So I am hoping with Xisto to be able to make my website be able to use these things. Anyway xtreemhost wasn't bad other than the curl and other functions problem. I am a computer science major and taking database for the first time this semester. For my semester project I am making a website so I am hoping to get my mycents up so I can make my website. If I can't get them in time then I will have to use my school's server but I am using that for a last resort. Anyway hope I helped somebody in some way with this information.

GatorHost offers free web hosting? Didn't come across that.I've been using Byethost. Definitely had some problems in the beginning with the site going down for a few days. Thought they just took me down without a word. But then all of a sudden, back up!So I'm migrating here and hoping it will be a good webhost. Did my research.. even extensive google searches using many Xisto negative keywords .. came across one or two.. and that was it. So hopefully I've moved to the right place! To a trusty host and server! ;)

You will be fully satisfied.With the new system, you simply buy standard paid hosting from Xisto.So, you have exactly the same service as standard customers who pay for their professional hosting.So, you will have an excellent up-time and very professional services.Simply, you pay with the MyCents when you work posting technical topics on our forum.

Slightly a double post: If a mod could delete the one above, that would be appreciated! Thanks!I have been using Byethost for a while but ran into trouble.. it had kept going down.So I went searching for another host.. and found a free one.. and I still haven't figured out what the catch is yet. But the website is http://ww1.azok.org/ and you can sign up for free, but there's no place to email anyone.. but it comes with everything -- a Control Panel, FTP, emails, etc. But not even a place to purchase a domain if you want to get serious. So I'm not sure what the catch is. But I have been using both Byethost and Azok sites to test build my own site. Glad I found Xisto which seems to be really good, from what I can tell so far. Can't wait to start seeing it for myself ;)

Edited by Xarex (see edit history)

I think you should have included Xisto in the poll. I am a great fan of this free web host. The servers might not be the fastest but their support is the best. And that is why I like them so much. Recently I had an issue with the Mycents system. I think most of Xisto members had that. I opened a support ticket at xistsupport and wrote them about the issue. Initially the reply was a little late but as always, they did reply to the question in a constructive manner.The actual problem was that renewal of my account was near and I had no mycents. And because the system was not working as well, there was no way I could accumulate mycents. So I was worried that my websites can be taken down for not paying for their service. I wrote to them and guess what they did. They said that because the script is not working now, we will add some credit (enough to cover my fees) to my account and when the script is up, they will deduce it. Thats it. Problem solved. That is what you expect from a good service.So I am definitely voting for Xisto.