xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've only tried Freewebs, and it's very good (apart from that annoying toolbar on their sites). Their domains are also very cheap, plus you can do all sorts of cool stuff with your site - heck, you can have downloads on it and even make the practical equivalent of YouTube (though lots of vids take up lots of bandwidth, even though you only need to embed them in "hidden" pages. Also, there's a service that caters specifically towards video-hosting sites, and it's free!).I haven't tried this service yet, but once I have 30 credits I'm a gonna gear up for my site!

I have only tried Geocities in the list you have given.Eventhough I am eligible for a hosting account at Xisto I am waiting for a bit longer (to get atleast 120 credits) so the posting and studies will not clash :) . I think the hosting is really nice thats what I can understand from the experince of the other members.
As about the community it is really nice.If you have a question just ask people will answer it..addded that they will get credits for helping other members will be more willing to spend thier time.

In my opinion this site is really usefull just because of the community alone.I will post my experience aftre I got a web hosting account.

When you sign up for hosting, your credits gets reset to 5. So you got to post all over again even if you have 120 credits.

I help run a server, so I get free hosting there :)Xisto was my favourite free host in 2004 :D

Wow, we have plenty of qualifed server admins. Its so hard to find a new job since many companies burn down. ;( Jeeze, this is like a non ending topic!. I guess its an easy poster.

I haven't really had a need for site hosting, until I got my IPB board. My forums aren't set up yet, and the only free web hosting I have actually tried was "Hostlast", "FreeWebs", and "Geocities." Hopefully Xisto will have a much better form of host, so I don't have to continue switching, back and forth. I can't really vote for any now, but I will probably vote later.

hehe, honestly I don't think it's even a question. I have used many free webhosts in the past and all of them would destroy my website with ads. Xisto has to be the best free web host on the web, if not the best web host period. I love how you can use just about any type of script and have databases and everything. I am very happy with Xisto and when ever I get to making websites for people it will be my first suggestion. :P P.S. Im not just saying this, I really mean it

Interestingly enough, I set up an account last year at another few web host.The account was never activated because no one at tech support ever follows up.Also, I bought a paid membership to a forum somewhere else that was also supposed to include a free hosting account. Once again, tech never actually set up the account after waiting for 3 months.Here, I waited patiently (I think it took about a month or so.) No complaints. As a matter of fact, hourah ... you guys did what the others never did ... you actually followed through with your promise!Gin

I like ripway (i don't think it's listed). Though Xisto is by far the best, In my book, its not really free. To me free meens "without charge of any type" (I'm not saying it shouldn't advertise it as being free) I just don't think you can rate web-hosting if some you have to participate in and some are free do nothing to join. Of 10 I will rate the web-hosts I have used (almost all ever lol) (10 is the better one no mater what)(ban=bandwidth)Xisto Upload: 10 Storage: 9 Free: 5 Ads: 10 Ban.: 7 Overall: 9Geocities: Upload: 6 Storage: 6 Free: 10 Ads: 7 Ban.: 7 Overall: 70 catch: Upload: 5 Storage: 5 Free: 10 Ads: 0 Ban.: 7 Overall: 5Freewebs: <no info> Overall: 8Ripway: Upload: 8 Storage: 8 Free: 10 Ads: 10 Ban.: 5 Overall: 8That's my personal opinion I suggest Xisto! or Ripway.Thanks for reading.Resources:0Catch http://www.0catch.com/ - 50 meg http://iyfrr.com/?dn=50meg.com&pid=7PO36528U&bkt=11264 - Geocities http://yahoo.com/ - Freewebs http://www.webs.com/ - Ripway http://www.seektoexplore.com/?dn=ripway.com&pid=7POF8BU45&_glst=2 - Xisto http://forums.xisto.com/

So far ive only had freewebs,piczo,and funtigo.i have not yet tryed to Xisto i still need credits so at the moment i would say Freewebs by a long shot they let you use html and cssand rss. but they dowbside is if you put music on any of the pages it drops your monthly bandwith by a shot.

AstaHost is better than each of the other options you mentioned in every single way. Not only does it offer the best professional hosting features for free with no ads, but it also has a great credit system. I believe this system is not just a way to let you earn the professional hosting, but it helps you join the community and learn new things as you go along.Freewebs, however, is a different story. Freewebs is best for beginners who have no experience whatsoever in hosting a website. It is the most user friendly and provides very easy to use tools for page building. But hands down, Xisto, and Xisto i guess, are the best free webhosts out there without a doubt :)

There is no host better than Xisto and Xisto this both are the best and they don't have any match at all,i am glad i didn't went for any other host before going to trap 17 ,the storage and bandwidth both are good and really usefulis there any host that would give you a cpanel,its real professional

hmmmmmmm .... my best cohice every was Xisto ...why ?? let me tell ya..***first some site give you some ad banner and pop-up windows which cover 40% of your front page .. and the result ... your site is ruined***2the space : lots of site gave you alot of services like php,sql ..bla ,bla ,bla you get excited but the only thing that shock you that they give you between 15-50 mb space as maximum or mabye 1 SQL database ...***3Cpanel:some sites have a space , php and SQL but the Cpanel they provide dirve you nut ...it's very slow and complex and un readable..***4Honesty:most of the sites have a "thing" in thier "host"..... yes there's always a thing in it ... and with time you'll uncover the true of your host and discover that you have made another mistake by chosing that host ...***5support and help:most of the sites provide a small and non-helpful support and bad help center ... and either if you have a problem you gona look for the siloution for ever because you're just walking around in the same thing you read....and For Xisto ... it's everything but that .... :)