xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like Xisto. Some people pay actual money to get what we have. I really could care less about posting on here because I like talking about some of the topics on here, and most of the time I'm on the computer posting on forums, posting on another one 1 or 2 posts a day doesn't take very much time, and it's really worth it.

Its a very interesting way of getting a web hosting, earning credits is the first time i've come across. Nice concept. :P

Yeah.. I just came across this recently and was very intrigued by this.

Then to see all the different categories and topics you can post in was great.. now i'm posting away.. earning credits.. and learning bunches of new stuff!

Xisto!!!!!

I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone here, and say http://oiopoo.ru/404/index.php is the best. Only because of the amazing support, space, bandwidth, and other features they give you. Whats bad about them though, is they require you post. A LOT. its 400 of their points for 250 mb/5 gigs bandwidth. (minimum plan). biggest plan is 4,000 points for 2.5gig / 50 gig. Problem is, it takes about two paragraphs to get a point lol. Hence why im at astra host, the simple solution to great hosting =]

I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone here, and say http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the best. Only because of the amazing support, space, bandwidth, and other features they give you. Whats bad about them though, is they require you post. A LOT. its 400 of their points for 250 mb/5 gigs bandwidth. (minimum plan). biggest plan is 4,000 points for 2.5gig / 50 gig. Problem is, it takes about two paragraphs to get a point lol. Hence why im at astra host, the simple solution to great hosting =]

Hmm. Not gonna disagree with you about the quality of the actual hosting, but wouldn't forcing you to post this much kinda defeat the purpose? If I have to spend this long getting my free hosting, then the length of time spent acquiring the hosting should be taken into account when deciding whether or not the free host is any good. This is like those neverending advertising offers--simply not worth it.
Out of those, I've been at freewebs, geocities, and 50webs. Freewebs is about as crappy as you can get. It limits you to a certain amount of files that you can upload, so when I broached that limit, I had to switch to something different. It was also horribly slow when it came down to uploading, and the lack of support for php irked me.

Geocities is obviously horrible, with their advertisements and all. It also is very restrictive and some of their paid options can be obtained for free elsewhere. After that, I tried 50webs, which was good in the respect that it did not have ads. However, it also didn't support php (like freewebs and geocities) and it had too many limits on file size upload. The need of a host that supported php was what drove me to awardspace. They were a fine host until I discovered (to my horror) that the mail function was not supported. That irked me to no end, and eventually I discovered Xisto and have stayed here since then. Though there is some downtime (more than I'd like), it has been the best out of all that I've tried. :P

Hi! Who is your fav free host?

Sorry, but I had to vote for GatorHost. I currently have hosting with them and they have WAY more web space and bandwidth than Xisto. I have nothing against Xisto, but I prefer GatorHost.

BTW: I AM working on getting hosting from Xisto to store files and have a music player.

I don't have enough credits for the Xisto account yet, but I like the idea of it's community participation.I've had a geocities account since before yahoo bought them (really) and I haven't touched it in years due to the previously mentioned side panel. Angelfire is likely 100x more annoying than geocities. :blink:My most recent free host (cjb.cc) was actually quite similar to Xisto, as far as the community driven aspect... But it was purchased then basically left for dead by the new owner. Sad, i really liked the place.Well here's to me on my way to being approved for an account, and i look forward to sharing knowledge with everyone.peace

I am hoping that I have made the right choice to choose Xisto... I believe in things happening for a reason... and so far I have liked what I have seen.I have been looking into 1&1, for that is what I used while in class. We had a local server that used 1&1 and that helped me learn a lot about hosting... I must say I liked it, but now that I am not a student, I am concerned with cost. And after beginning participation through Xisto, I am hoping it will fit me well... I began web design on Trelixweb, but only because it was installed on my computer at the time... haha... maybe a good beginners site, then moved onto geocities... It also was fine, but now that I am up and taking on new tasks, I need reliability. My plans are to revamp my personal site, and hopefully be able to begin a professional site... I have drafts, and drafts of what each will be...So, I really CAN'T jump onto the bandwagon JUST yet, but I am sure that I have come to the right hosting home! Thank you for giving me this opportunity!- bob -

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have been hosted here for almost as long as I have joined up here (you can see in my posts of my join date and post count etc) and never really had much of an issue to complain about.I think maybe once or twice in all this time, and I can't even remember what those problems were (so they were probably very minor), and that's under free hosting, I can't complain at all that's for sure.

I've Voted For Asta Host Because You Guys Provide Such Excellent Service! You Guys Have SSH As Other Providers Don't! You Guys Also Provide Upgrade Requests, Which I Think Only A Few Free Web Hosts Do! I Also Voted For Asta Host Because They've Got A Creative Credit System that gives you credit when you make posts. That's A Very Good Way To Organize And See If People Are Loyal Enough To Do The Point Systems. P.S Thanks For Offering Free Web Hosting Asta Host!

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

The best one for my is Xisto, offers the best thing of the best thing, without publicity, annoying emergent windows, in addition everything free.I have experimented with many services of hosting free and no has the characteristics of this, no gives cpanel, nor fantastic single those of payment for that reason it is that I believe that by this and many reasons but is for which the best gratuitous service of hosring is Astahos. ; )