xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

i searched for a link that connect the forum with xisto but i didn't find a one. i think it is important to add a link to Xisto - Support here so that we can check mycents or other things from here just as the old forum did.

When you click on your myCENT value, it links to your Xisto - Support.com/billing login page.

Posted Image seems i was looking far away and forgot looking under my nose. thank you for the explanation.

Hi!@web_designerI would never have noticed that there was a hyperlink there that points to the Xisto billing page either. I had the billing page in my web browser's history, which is how I was able to get to the page. Apart from that, there's the reminder that they keep sending me via email to renew a domain name so I get the URL from the email.BTW, this has got to be one of the longest threads on the forum - I've never seen ten pages of postings to go through :-)I've been looking at the me-interest blog and it is pretty neat! I like the background image at the bottom of the page and the two sticky tapes holding up the categories list.

I would never have noticed that there was a hyperlink there that points to the Xisto billing page either

REALLY, as i remember "billing and support" tab which was above the shoutbox was a link points to xisto account. at least i was using it whenever i was in the forum and want to check something in xisto account.

and thank you for visiting my site, glade you liked it. about the footer, good you could see it, most don't, they stick only with the header i don't know why? maybe because there are too many colors, so they don't think that there is more in the bottom Posted Image

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

i am not sure if i have to report about this or not, or maybe someone reported before me but i am a little lazy to read 10 pages to find

out Posted Image

any way, i noticed that the number of member's posts differs from place to another, for example:

- in member's info that appears in the forum, my" posts" are 389, same as the posts number that appear in the popup box when i click the small thing near my name in the forum.

- in my profile the "active posts" show 409.

- in my profile in "find my content" shows that

"There have been 185 items by web_designer "

(Search limited from 10-May 09)

so, as you can see the numbers of posts are so different.

also, "find my content" shows both my topics and posts, and i wonder if there's a link that points to my posts separately from my topics? other than the "topics" and "posts" tabs in my profile because they show only the last five topics and posts.

Wow I really like the new forum design. Well I have to ask if this e new forum type, or just an update of the theme of the previous forum type. I really like it, and hope to get involved in more topic discussions, as it Xisto has become a really fascinating forum now. I think our websites and websites and forums in general need time over time, upgrades and maintenance. I will try it and report any problem or feature which I see not adequate.

Default theme is good but is quite boring. ANyway till we find any good theme we've to work with this one now. By the way, any chance of mycents getting updated for everyone ?

Hi!@web_designerThe issue of having a different number of posts appearing in different sections of the forum has been addressed. This is due to the fact that on some pages, the scripts associated with the pages count all of the posts that you have made to the forums while on other pages, the scripts count only the posts that count toward the MyCENTs calculation and ignore the other posts that were made to no-post-count sections of the forums.@webishqiptarThe forum software has been upgraded but all of the old data has been retained. We had a different theme (look and feel) to the forum, along with lots of new features included in the new version of the forum software (the forum software we use is the Invision Power Board. I believe they did have the Invision Free forum software but do not provide it any more. They do have a trial version that you could get if you contacted them).@mahesh2kIt would take at least until next week for the MyCENTs to get calculated. In the meantime, do keep posting because the posts that you make this week will be counted toward the MyCENTs calculation too.

HAY, what a COOL bar you added, i like it. when did you do that, i just left the forum for two or three hours. most thing i liked is the dynamic map, good job i am so impressed. Posted Image

and k_nithin_r thank you for your explanation.

Is it just me? The forum is slow to load again since the bottom user toolbar...

Loads about the same for me, only the new toolbar itself is what takes a while to finish loading. But i had to disable it, as it was preventing me from using my keyboard in Opera.

Is it just me? The forum is slow to load again since the bottom user toolbar...

not too slow for me, but slower than before yes. i think that's normal since it is a script keeps running with all pages.

seems you fixed the images in "topics" tab in member profile, but i think not. it breaks your layout boundaries, see this

Posted Image

i was trying to enter my control panel but the drop down list in the right upper corner doesn't work , for both the member name and notification. they only navigate you to the member profile and notification list.