xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

i don't know how i missed that post. anyway. something is off. i definately don't like the facebook logo. need something more original.... like three smiley emoticons or something. something else is off. i am too tired right now to give a good opinion though....

well anwiii, adding three smiley emotions doesn't seem a good idea, after all it is a small logo so adding them will cause a mess without making anything clear to show up. i still think that make it in 3D will give them some spirit. and opaque if you don't mind i edited it a little, maybe to inspire you to change it for something better.

Posted Image 

i know the $ logo looks awful but couldn't slice it without damage it, you know because i don't have the original one. again i did that just to inspire you to add something impressive to it, good luck.

and are we sure it's from people who try to post but are logged out? i was logged out once and tried to post and it wouldn't let me until i logged back in!

I think it's acting randomly. The first time I noticed this, I made three posts as a guest and it said it was awaiting moderator approval. But only one of the posts showed up in the forum. Whether the mods didn't see those other posts or they didn't approve them I'm not sure. However I'm sure it had given me an option to post even though I was logged off. So you not being able to post when you were logged off is strange.The bug is acting as it pleases! :P

I think it's acting randomly. The first time I noticed this, I made three posts as a guest and it said it was awaiting moderator approval. But only one of the posts showed up in the forum. Whether the mods didn't see those other posts or they didn't approve them I'm not sure. However I'm sure it had given me an option to post even though I was logged off. So you not being able to post when you were logged off is strange.The bug is acting as it pleases! 

so simpleton, if you could post even as a guest and your post shows, then i think that this is maybe related to the privileges of the moderators that opaque working on right now. the moderators have no privileges now because opaque testing their features according to the new options in the new forums, so maybe this bug is happened from this part.

Guests will have reply permission.. However, they will have to be manually approved.

Twitter Connect has been disabled.

Guests will have reply permission.. However, they will have to be manually approved.

Twitter Connect has been disabled.

now this is a very short answer opaque :) , but i know you are busy now so thank you for your reply. i hope things will be fixed soon, and thank you for disabling the twitter connection.

Now that was quite a useful update (disabling Twitter) but we're still confused about the auto-logout. Now we know for sure that we're being logged out and our posts are considered as guest posts, but is there a solution to fix this logout problem?

Now that was quite a useful update (disabling Twitter) but we're still confused about the auto-logout. Now we know for sure that we're being logged out and our posts are considered as guest posts, but is there a solution to fix this logout problem?

Guests have been given permission to "only reply" topics and in select forums, start topics. So please make sure, you login before posting .. otherwise, mycents will not be credited under your account
I have no idea about auto-log-out. I just fixed the flood-control by disabling it (until invision fixes the bug).

So please make sure, you login before posting .. otherwise, mycents will not be credited under your accountI have no idea about auto-log-out. I just fixed the flood-control by disabling it (until invision fixes the bug).

Yes now I'm looking at the top of the page to make sure I'm still logged in before replying to any topic. And since no one else has reported the auto-logout today, I think the bug (if it exists) has been quiet.

On another note, allowing guests to post in more forums significantly increases the moderators' workload, doesn't it? On an average we're getting 20 posts from guests daily. It takes quite some time to read 20 posts and approve them daily....But anyway, I think this feature has been introduced to encourage more activity in the forums, so I'll be quiet about it. It's a good idea :)

And thanks for disabling flood control. I had to clear cookies thrice today due to that error.

Another bug to report -- sometimes when I use Quick reply and click "Post", the post doesn't get registered and I have to start all over again :( The page does get refreshed but the post doesn't appear in it. Going back doesn't help either. This has happened to me in two separate instances today. Luckily I hadn't made any big posts or it would taken a lot of time to re-type everything again. Anyone else getting this bug?

Another bug to report -- sometimes when I use Quick reply and click "Post", the post doesn't get registered and I have to start all over again The page does get refreshed but the post doesn't appear in it. Going back doesn't help either. This has happened to me in two separate instances today. Luckily I hadn't made any big posts or it would taken a lot of time to re-type everything again. Anyone else getting this bug?

this is happened to me either the last two days a lot. but it is not  a new thing simpleton, i reported before, it starts after the forum upgrade but i think opaque fixed it because i didn't see it happening again for a long time till the last two days. maybe opaque editing something in the background. so let's wait and see.

and simpleton, do just like me, i copy anything i write before click on post button, to avoid anything get lost. this is the best way to deal with this bug, but you should remember to do that first  ;).

Alright, I got a reply from invision and they said, the seo module I installed was absolute stupidity. I am starting all over again... thank God.

Alright, I got a reply from invision and they said, the seo module I installed was absolute stupidity. I am starting all over again... thank God.

well i couldn't find out if that "thank god" means you are happy or sad  :). but both ways, it seems you will have much more work to do. and i know you can do it, so thank you for keep us informed by the news. do your best and everything will be great. good luck opaque.

this is happened to me either the last two days a lot. but it is not a new thing simpleton, i reported before, it starts after the forum upgrade but i think opaque fixed it because i didn't see it happening again for a long time till the last two days. maybe opaque editing something in the background. so let's wait and see.

and simpleton, do just like me, i copy anything i write before click on post button, to avoid anything get lost. this is the best way to deal with this bug, but you should remember to do that first ;).

It is a little irritating to have to copy the matter each time before posting and I'm a lazy guy! :P Looks like I don't have much of an option though. Either I do that or end up typing the same thing 3-4 times.

I'm also confused whether that's a good update or a bad update - but what's important that we got an update! Here's hoping we get some good news soon (some more if this one is already good)

And finally, I'm sure the others are getting this "cannot find the page you specified" error too? It comes up randomly after I click on some link to a thread or even the home page. If I refresh it usually brings back the original page, but this one's a little irritating too....

simpleton, which browser do you use? i got all these errors pages, lagging in chat room, my post get lost when i click on post button and when i return back the posts disappeared, when i was using firefox.but now i switched to opera, and things are much more better. the chat room working fine without lagging. when i post and disappears i just click on back button and i found my post there so i just repost it again, even i copy it anyway.so switch to another browser and see, if you are using firefox, stop, even i like firefox but it woks weird with the forum.