xisto Community
OpaQue

Earn Money From Ads On Forums - Start Earning $$ Trap17 offers to Share Advertising Revenue with Members.

The ads are text link based, meaning when you hover your mouse over a specific link a mini pop up ad will show up. From time to to time you will see a double underline link show up time to time when your a guest, why it was set up like that who knows. As for setting up kontera, you need a website, simply adding Xisto won't count, then once they approve your website they will give you a script to copy and paste in your footer for it to show up. In that script you get a 5 digit number and in order to add it to Xisto account click My Controls and then click Your Advertising Settings and then add the number and save.To be quite honest, you won't earn much on Xisto because of the settings and so best bet is to have a lot of content on your site and a lot of visitors. I got kontera added to 3 websites and Xisto and I don't earn much, usually 0 to $1.00 if I am lucky. As for how it works on Xisto it is based on your topics then posts, but you sometimes get your link in some other topics as well. So to get any benefit from using Kontera on Xisto you need to have a website that you update constantly such as a blog or forum.

so when it is asking for a website url, it's specifically asking for mine then? so the ads that appear aren't even my ads but i will get paid if someone clicks on an ad? why would i need a website if you said i could use Xisto....just like you said you are using 3 websites?(i really don't get that point of multiple websites. who does the company know i am posting???). is it like adsense where you paste your code in to the content?

The ads are text link based, meaning when you hover your mouse over a specific link a mini pop up ad will show up. From time to to time you will see a double underline link show up time to time when your a guest, why it was set up like that who knows. As for setting up kontera, you need a website, simply adding Xisto won't count, then once they approve your website they will give you a script to copy and paste in your footer for it to show up. In that script you get a 5 digit number and in order to add it to Xisto account click My Controls and then click Your Advertising Settings and then add the number and save.
To be quite honest, you won't earn much on Xisto because of the settings and so best bet is to have a lot of content on your site and a lot of visitors. I got kontera added to 3 websites and Xisto and I don't earn much, usually 0 to $1.00 if I am lucky. As for how it works on Xisto it is based on your topics then posts, but you sometimes get your link in some other topics as well. So to get any benefit from using Kontera on Xisto you need to have a website that you update constantly such as a blog or forum.

so when it is asking for a website url, it's specifically asking for mine then? so the ads that appear aren't even my ads but i will get paid if someone clicks on an ad? why would i need a website if you said i could use Xisto....just like you said you are using 3 websites?(i really don't get that point of multiple websites. who does the company know i am posting???). is it like adsense where you paste your code in to the content?

The advertisements that appear are by companies that have made a deal with Kontera. Kontera is like Google adsense, but it generates the links from words on the website. It does not reserve a spot on the side or within the content like Google adsense. Due to how many members have already signed up to Kontera through Xisto, the possibility of your ads being picked for the topic being viewed are reduced. Therefore in order to generate more revenue, it is best to have another (popular) website for the Kontera ads to be present in. Even though there are ways to cause your Kontera ads to be picked above others, even those ways have a low chance anyway of having your ads being picked. Since Xisto, that is, OpaQue has already inserted the Kontera (i'm assuming) plug-in for the forums, you do not have to worry about inserting it for the forums. You just need to insert your Kontera ID in your forum controls. However, for your own site you would have to insert the JavaScript code Kontera provides you with.

I'll try to answer your queries. if you've more questions feel free o ask. :lol:

so when it is asking for a website url, it's specifically asking for mine then? so the ads that appear aren't even my ads but i will get paid if someone clicks on an ad?

it is asking for your website means you're opening your publisher account with them for your site and hence you get publisher ID for which you'll get paid. cause they can't generate multiple publisher id for Xisto users for the case of revenue sharing mod of forum. and ads are rotated randomly for publisher ID's hence we don't know who's account will be credited for the clicks.

why would i need a website if you said i could use Xisto....just like you said you are using 3 websites?(i really don't get that point of multiple websites. who does the company know i am posting???). is it like adsense where you paste your code in to the content?

it's not like adsense cause it more focused on keywords in content that open us hover-ad. which is not the case of adsense. and kontera and adsense both wants you to open separate account with website name cause they run advertising program and are not affiliated with Xisto for this program.

Xisto simply runs "revenue sharing mod" on ipb hence we get paid when our kontera ad is displayed.

I tried this It makes my forum look rubbish and un-professional it also annoys many of my members and doesn't pay out that much therefore I will not be using it again. Sorry but it needs improving a lot more before I will start using it again :/

ok. i sorta get the concept of advertiser ads and how the key words trigger an ad and how we get paid similar to adsense. what i am unlear of is when people start talking about MY ads. and again, you said when our kontera ad is displayed. so what ad are you talking about? an ad i create???

we get paid when our kontera ad is displayed.

ok. i sorta get the concept of advertiser ads and how the key words trigger an ad and how we get paid similar to adsense. what i am unlear of is when people start talking about MY ads. and again, you said when our kontera ad is displayed. so what ad are you talking about? an ad i create???

Right seems to be some confusion here I will try and and help you understand.

Basically you will get payed when you put your own Kontera Tag on your site and when someone hovers over it like below a small box will pop up, You will get payed for that.

Posted Image

You can also make the money from that to go to your Xisto account on here :lol:.

So that's what this is... this is an amazing idea. I definitely have to look into this more... not necessarily for the Trap (I'm very happy with the credit I already earn here), but for when I finally decide to purchase my plan and get started. I'm still going to be in the brainstorming stage for a while... but this is definitely something I have to seriously consider!

anwii, a regular logged-in member does not see the ads. The ads display only to guests. The reason is so that you do not click on your own ads by mistake and it saves your account at kontera from getting banned. So you will not see any Kontera ads unless you 'logout' from the Xisto.

so the ads that are shown really aren't my ads but ads that would fall under my account for commission only when someone clicks on the ad... i think i get it now....and why i have never seen an ad.... ok....i think it makes sense now. thanks all

anwii, a regular logged-in member does not see the ads. The ads display only to guests. The reason is so that you do not click on your own ads by mistake and it saves your account at kontera from getting banned. So you will not see any Kontera ads unless you 'logout' from the Xisto.

I'm sorry, I don't get anything at all.Firstly, HOW does it work?Do we just click? Or what?Also, I don't have Paypal or any online banking/credit card accounts... so...Does that mean I can't take part in this?

Also, I don't have Paypal or any online banking/credit card accounts... so...Does that mean I can't take part in this?

You do need Paypal yes.

If I remember in your previous topic you said you was underage and still under adult supervision.But yes you will need paypal.

If I remember in your previous topic you said you was underage and still under adult supervision.But yes you will need paypal.

Yeah, that is true...
And you need your credit card number or bank account to have PayPal... this is said.
And when I looked at the PayPal site it has 3 different types of accounts, including Personal, Privilege and Business.

Huh?
I don't get that at all. So even if I'm allowed to have PayPal I still need to know which account to have.

Yeah, that is true...And you need your credit card number or bank account to have PayPal... this is said.
And when I looked at the PayPal site it has 3 different types of accounts, including Personal, Privilege and Business.

Huh?
I don't get that at all. So even if I'm allowed to have PayPal I still need to know which account to have.

Personal will not allow you to get credit card payments, but has 0 fees.
The other two have fees of like 30 cents + 4.6% of the amount being sent to you.

If you aren't selling things on Ebay or anything it's best to go with personal due to no fees, but you do need to link a bank account to it in order to withdraw the funds (as far as I know - they do send checks too I think but I'm pretty sure you still need a bank account for verification)