xisto Community
OpaQue

Earn Money From Ads On Forums - Start Earning $$ Trap17 offers to Share Advertising Revenue with Members.

Yes...I agree with Bluebear. Many members are not interested in seeing Kontera ads at Xisto as Kontera ads wil appear as little popups that annoys many people. And another thing is if the ads were shown to members there may be chance that the user member himself can click on his own ads which is against the rules. So it is always safe to turn off them for members. And don't worry about it. You can't earn much through members. If you look at the bottom of our fourm's home page you'll see how many member are active at present. I had never seen more than 10 members active at a time. But you can see hundreds of guests online watching our forum. So you'll earn much more impressions and amount through guests rather than members... :)

@xpressYeah, I looked at the bottom of the screen after you said that it's usually guests...And wow, we do have quite a few guests. When I looked there were 4 members(including me, O.o) and over 400 guests.I wish I had this many people visiting my site(s), :).

I've successfully added this to my account, the only issue I have with this is it does not seem like it has (My ads) have been clicked on much, or any. With kontera, does it tell you where the clicks are coming from? Like when I saw I made 50 cents, it did not say what site the clicks were coming from at all. The reason I would like to know this information is because I am curerntly using Kontera for a number of different sites, and I want to know if they are actually getting clicked on on my site, or if the only reason I have been making this slim money is because of Xisto. Would be kind of cool if is coming from trap, yet again, if it's coming from my site then this will mean my site is somewhat popular, which is a plus I will do add :P

When I looked in my account it seems to be generic, just showing the total. I didn't see how to show it based on site or anything. Maybe if you email the admin and request that feature they might do it. It does seem like a pretty logical addition.(The admin of Kontera I mean).If you do end up finding a way to do it, let us know, :PI'll do the same!

When I looked in my account it seems to be generic, just showing the total. I didn't see how to show it based on site or anything. Maybe if you email the admin and request that feature they might do it. It does seem like a pretty logical addition.(The admin of Kontera I mean).
If you do end up finding a way to do it, let us know, :P

I'll do the same!

Problem is, Kontera is a big company, so i am not going to count on them to reply to an email, if I do end up sending that to them. Eh... even if they do respond back, i doubt they would actually provide that such information.

Problem is, Kontera is a big company, so i am not going to count on them to reply to an email, if I do end up sending that to them. Eh... even if they do respond back, i doubt they would actually provide that such information.

Right now, Holidays are going on. Plus Weekend so it's hard time that support staff will reply to emails. Maybe after Tuesday, you'll get answer to your email. And i agree with you, 50-50 percent chances that they'll reply positively or they'll refuse to give answer and they'll say it's in their NDA.

This seems good idea.Other peoples will not search outside of earn money. hehe i am new user

This seems good idea.

Other peoples will not search outside of earn money.

hehe i am new user

Welcome then puneye. :P

On-Topic: Unfortunately I've had NO money come to me doing this, so I think it is also a SCAM. :P

-Sky

On-Topic: Unfortunately I've had NO money come to me doing this, so I think it is also a SCAM. :P

Hey -Sky- its not a SCAM. Its an advertisement publishing sytem like adsense(of course, different system). I already earned $0.36 with kontera. :P Lot of members like us are sharing the revenue at Xisto, thats why we're getting a very little or no amount at all. Your ads displays randomly as per your posts, and some one has to click on them which takes lot of time. Try using your account on your own site. If you have some good traffic you'll see the difference.

Welcome then puneye. :P

-Sky

First of all, how could it possibly be a 'scam' when you aren't required to put forth any effort, nor give anything in return for the new system?

Second, I've earned almost a dollar off it. It's very low, but there are a lot of people who's ads are being shown too. Imagine an area with 30 people who posted. There's a 40% chance that ONE of theirs will show, not a 100% chance that *all* will show.

So yes, the chances are low.

I personally get about 30-35 views a day and ~3-5% click-thru ratio.

Yes, it's low, but I'm not doing anything extra for it anyways, so no matter what it's free.

I just started using this add system on the forum a few days ago. I got in five days i think 100+ impressions and 5 or 6 clicks so i have 0.33. It can't be a scam just that 99% of us i don't think will make the necessary amount to cash in. It's a good system maybe it works for trap and it provides some additional income, i don't mind cause i don't see any adds anyway.

Ha Ha. Google Adsense is not scam :P and it is one of the most highest payee for those online entrepreneurs. Many have success stories with payment of about 2k-4k from Google adsense a month. If you by any chance unable to sign up or get accepted for the adsense then try services like Adbrite, Yahoo publisher network or Chitika. They also perform very well with new blogs and websites.

grate idea, also since the >100 posts this will make users post lots of posts.Well by far even if you guys allow ads on the web page its still desired to be the best in my mind, Cause Xisto is by far the best web hosting in my mind.