xisto Community
OpaQue

Everything About Mycents - Your Virtual Money myCENTS : Credit System 3.0 point system

OK,maybe it is great to see, but the question is, when is it going to start working again?My credit has not changed for over a week now, even though I have submitted posts.The same for the limitation they (temporarily) put on our number of posts, I thought it was the intention to submit posts to earn credits, but that has been limited too.Well, I guess, it doesn't make much difference if your credits do not get updated anyway.

yea. can anyone just tell you to be patient along with the other people? updates have cleared some things up. in fact xisto just updated some news that the credit system v4 will be coming soon so until that happens soon, lets not have anyone get their panties in a twist over anything.

Well i'm sure new mycents will be updated with some extra restrictions and now that there is also post restriction that means any person who wants earn mycent for hosting will require to write long posts (often gibberish and stretched just for the sake of earning mycents). If this is where things are heading there is no other way than writing long posts just for the sake of earning mycent it's the only way left.

I have written several lengthy posts recently, but my MyCents haven't been updating at all; they're the same as they were two days ago. Now my hosting account has been suspended, and my site is down. Is this some sort of glitch, or have the post requirements for getting MyCents been seriously modified? If I can't get enough MyCents to get my site back up and running in time, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for site hosting. I don't want to do that, as I have a LOT of content on thew site that I won't get back, and I really like having that domain name, but I may not have a choice. :/

I have written several lengthy posts recently, but my MyCents haven't been updating at all; they're the same as they were two days ago. Now my hosting account has been suspended, and my site is down. Is this some sort of glitch, or have the post requirements for getting MyCents been seriously modified? If I can't get enough MyCents to get my site back up and running in time, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for site hosting. I don't want to do that, as I have a LOT of content on thew site that I won't get back, and I really like having that domain name, but I may not have a choice. :/

Hmm I think you've either been away from the forum for a while or haven't read the latest announcement properly. The myCENTs system is down for a while due to the forum upgrade and therefore you have to wait for a while before the credits are sent to your account. You can still make posts til then and they will be accounted for.
One of my hosting accounts got suspended too and I know it sucks but at this time there's nothing else to do than wait and watch.

Point taken, simpleton.However, that is not really the way to go about things, is it?There are people relying on their MyCents credits, I am lucky I still have enough credit to last me for about 3 months, but not everyone is so fortunate.This also brings me to another point which concerns Xisto (slightly off-topic, but.....):Lately it has come to my attention that it takes an incredible long time for the Xisto team to reply to support tickets, I submitted a ticket about a cron job not working on 11 May, there was a reply on 14 May, the problem was not yet solved so, in a follow-up, I subbmitted some additional information and information about steps taken to diagnose and/or trying to solve the problem, it is 19 May today, not a single reply has been received, I can remember the times when things were quite different at Xisto.

mrdee, when I opened a ticket it got replied to within a few hours. Don't worry about it as I'm sure that your problem will be fixed. Remember that the staff probably have a lot of tasks to do so replying straight away might not be their biggest priority.Also, getting angry won't help, instead why don't you help others on this site my replying to their topics?

Point taken, simpleton.However, that is not really the way to go about things, is it?
There are people relying on their MyCents credits, I am lucky I still have enough credit to last me for about 3 months, but not everyone is so fortunate.

This also brings me to another point which concerns Xisto (slightly off-topic, but.....):

Lately it has come to my attention that it takes an incredible long time for the Xisto team to reply to support tickets, I submitted a ticket about a cron job not working on 11 May, there was a reply on 14 May, the problem was not yet solved so, in a follow-up, I subbmitted some additional information and information about steps taken to diagnose and/or trying to solve the problem, it is 19 May today, not a single reply has been received, I can remember the times when things were quite different at Xisto.

Yes, everyone is not so fortunate but at times one has to simply accept these things instead of writing endless discussions about it when you know there isn't anything to be done but to wait! And regarding Xisto - Support, make sure you put your ticket under "Emergency" or "Critical" if you're looking for a quick reply. My guess is that they've been receiving dozens of tickets regarding the myCENTs and forum upgrade, so they're maybe looking at only tickets put under those two categories.

Well, Simpleton,my ticket is not about MyCents, I do realise they probably get thousands of tickets about that.It is about things on my hosting that stopped working.And, TomCol, it is frustrating when you see how effective support used to be and what it has become nowadays, and, in case you were wondering, i always try to help where I can (even with my limited knowledge in certain areas) on the forum, just because I like to be helped myself, I try to help others when there are posts about problems I think I can help with.

Well, Simpleton,my ticket is not about MyCents, I do realise they probably get thousands of tickets about that.
It is about things on my hosting that stopped working.
And, TomCol, it is frustrating when you see how effective support used to be and what it has become nowadays, and, in case you were wondering, i always try to help where I can (even with my limited knowledge in certain areas) on the forum, just because I like to be helped myself, I try to help others when there are posts about problems I think I can help with.

I just mentioned the myCENTs tickets to tell that they're getting a lot of those, and that's why they've put your ticket in the waiting list i.e., if you haven't put it under the emergency or critical category. If you haven't put in under either of those two categories try changing the status and wait for a response; I'm sure you'll get one soon.
And every member's contribution on this forum is much appreciated, even if they feel they aren't contributing much. Every little bit helps :)

And while they are doing the rounds to get it up and running, my website remains unavailable. Just hope that they can haste things before I lose all the visitors.

And while they are doing the rounds to get it up and running, my website remains unavailable. Just hope that they can haste things before I lose all the visitors.

This is a major issue for your site, before you lose all your visitors contact the Xisto team or more importantly OpaQue and PM your details and Xisto Account Information and he should arrange something similar to The Simpleton's site to get it up and running :)

This is a major issue for your site, before you lose all your visitors contact the Xisto team or more importantly OpaQue and PM your details and Xisto Account Information and he should arrange something similar to The Simpleton's site to get it up and running :)

It shouldn't of come down to this . This Opaque has shown a complete *BLEEP*ing lack of consideration.
Quite clearly he's a *BLEEP*ing knobhead.

I've told them at Compuhost I'm quitting anyway. You trust in this OpaQue and what happens?
Theres no time for me to get funds into the Compuhost account now.
First time I was ever under 2 dollars(
although if the Mycents were updated I'd have enough).

All considered, it's not worth paying in real money now anyway. Not after this.

Thanks for the head up. I will try to contact Opaque and see if anything good comes out of it.