xisto Community
OpaQue

Everything About Mycents - Your Virtual Money myCENTS : Credit System 3.0 point system

Yes, chinu,like k_nitin_r says, your MyCents system is definitely up and running. Just make make some more posts to get up to the 100 mark (it really goes quicker than you think if you make a few good quality posts) and then you will have your first dollar.Then try to add 95 cents credit to that and you are ready to order your logic plan, which gives you everything you need (and more for some people)for top quality hosting.I see k_nitin_r asked the question where your web pages are hosted now, well, if it is a paid host, look at what it offers you, and look at the plans Xisto are giving, and all for virtual money rather than real.Even if you have a free website host, look if you are getting the most out of your MySQL database(s), if you are allowed to upload all the important kinds of files, like .avi, .flv, .mp3 etc.Some hosting companies (especially 'free' ones) do not allow you to upload those kinds of files (just to name a few), so there is a lot you miss out on when you want to put multimedia on your site.Here you can do it all for a measly $1.95 a month, which you accumulate just by posting in the forums.And, furthermore, if you are hosting your website on a paid web host, I can never see it being as cheap as it is here, while giving you all the features you receive here.IIRC, the cehapest hosting I have seen (apart from Xisto) was $2.29 excluding VAT, but only gave you the basics.So, it is well worth thinking about moving your hosting to Xisto once you have enough credit to do so (and believe me, it will not take long to get it, just get posting).But, rest assured, your MyCents meter is running, just keep going.And, welcome to Xisto, by the way.

I just signed up here at Xisto forum, but I already have signed up in Xisto forum and earned myCENTS there, I was wondering if I post here, will myCENTs merge with the ones I earned there or not?While I just checked seems the cents are not merge into each other, here it shows my post is No. 1 with no myCENTS showed up.

Edited by labstuffs (see edit history)

Just a side note for people who don't know.Right after you post, the myCENTs don't show up right away, it takes about 30 minutes for them to update in your postbit (about 5 minutes on Xisto).

Over at asta it all depends on what time you make your post, probably the same here as well. It generally tends to run at about 13 minutes past the hour (GMT) or around 43 minutes past the hour. Like was mentioned in the first post, the script that calculates the amount of myCents you get runs periodically and not constantly to prevent server load.

Over at asta it all depends on what time you make your post, probably the same here as well. It generally tends to run at about 13 minutes past the hour (GMT) or around 43 minutes past the hour. Like was mentioned in the first post, the script that calculates the amount of myCents you get runs periodically and not constantly to prevent server load.

Well, I am sorry, but I must disagree with you.
Of course the script has to run only periodically because of the server overload risk, but it is certainly not as regular as you make it out to be.

A few examples:
It has happened, on occasions, that I posted once or a number of times in the early morning, and by late evening the next day, my MyCents credit was updated.

What has also happened was that it only took a few hours.

However, lately, I seem to have to wait for days for my MyCent credits to be updated: they were updated today, and I have been at the same credit level (although I have posted every day) for more than 3 days.

In other words, so much for regularity.

Another thing that I have noticed as well is that the MyCents system seems to award credits as it pleases: sometimes I will post a 10 line long post and get about 55 cents for it, while, at other times, I post a number of articles of well over a page long, and I will get only 20 cents for it.

For example, no, as I mentioned before, my credit has not changed in more than three days,and during that time, I did some regular and substantial posting.
Yet, what do I see?
My credit has gone up from 74.28 cents to a measly 97.52 cents.

I really wish they got their facts (and at the same time their script) right at Xisto so there is some consistency in the time of updating, and also in the number of MyCent credits that are given per post.

It would also not harm if they could inform us clearly on how exactly it all works, after all, a script has been written, so there must be a certain line in the time and the amount of updates.

I assume that whoever wrote the script must be able to explain which changes the algorhythms make, so why not inform us good and proper, as, at the moment, we have no control over, nor any say in how our credits are calculated, and to me, that is not always very Kosher.

I really wish they got their facts (and at the same time their script) right at Xisto so there is some consistency in the time of updating, and also in the number of MyCent credits that are given per post.
It would also not harm if they could inform us clearly on how exactly it all works, after all, a script has been written, so there must be a certain line in the time and the amount of updates.

I assume that whoever wrote the script must be able to explain which changes the algorhythms make, so why not inform us good and proper, as, at the moment, we have no control over, nor any say in how our credits are calculated, and to me, that is not always very Kosher.

well i am a regular poster and i have had no problems recently in the mycents being updated and my account over at xisto being credited.

if you want to talk about how there is an inconsistency in how mycents are distributed, then i will have to disagree with you. ofcourse there is an algorythm to determine mycents. this is constant. the inconsistency you are referring to is you thinking too much. that is the only inconsistency. don't blame ks on the script they wrote just because you haven't figured out how mycents is paid out.

opaque probably can explain how the mycents are distributed, but he wont. why? probably the same reason why google doesn't give out their code or part of their algorythm. i dunno. if it were me, i wouldn't either. i would want posts to be as natural as possible. not written based on an algorythm to gain the most mycents.

if you want to talk about what is not kosher, then maybe you have to keep yourself in check first and ask yourself if you are really being fair in your words because personally, i don't think you are.

even during this slow period right now, i am consistently being credited about $2 every week for my posts. i don't have the most posts on this forum, but i do know, i have acquired the most credits. i know i average about .22 per post.

there is a thread somewhere where opaque or buffalohelp has explained a little bit in how to maximize your credits. i suggest you find it and read it. heck, it may be in this very thread. i forget and i am not about to find it unless more people start complaining again soon. again, i have never had a problem with the mycent system. i think it runs pretty well. if i was new, i would probably want to see my mycents being updated more frequently, but as an old time user here, i have faith in the system and the system has yet to let me down. i have my own beef in how this forum is being run, but when it comes to the opaques fairness to his users here in distributing mycents, he has been VERY fair. so fair in fact that he was paying other peoples hosting at one time while sorting out some glitches. so when it comes to fairness, i have absolutely NO problems with opaque. his support help that he has hired though SUCKS.

so when i hear talk about how opaque isn't being fair or kosher, then i have to step in and strongly disagree. he has been NOTHING but FAIR where the mycents system is concerned.

Oops, someone with long toes here.Well, for your information, OK, the "kosher" bit might have been a bit of an unlucky choice of words, but, when I have an opinion, I will voice it.Fact is, in my case, the updating of MyCents is incredibly irregular.As I mentioned before, sometimes I get my credits within hours, but, on occassions, it takes days for my credit balance to update.I usually do not care so much, and I know the credits will be added eventually, but when I get near my invoice date and I still need a tiny amount, and it is just not happening, then things do tend to get on my nerves.When I first upgraded my hosting plan, after my first payment, I reached my needed amount in just over a week, and, I might have posted slightly less this month, but the fact of the matter is, updates seem to be so unpredictable this time, and it is that irregularity that is getting to me.As said before, if the script runs on a regular basis, then why do you get your credits in no time sometimes, while, at other times, you have to wait ages for your update?It is just the point about the irregularity of the MyCents updates that I want to make.Nothing more, nothing less.BTW. Nice golden retriever you have there.I will be welcoming black labrador puppies next month.

well lets look at some fact i can talk specifically about. in the last 12 days, mycents have credited me 4 times in my xisto account. i just checked my emails for the last week and a half. this means on average, they will credit you once every 3 days. this seems to be consistant with what i have been use to for the last year or so.now if you have a problem with paying for hosting, then the easy solution is to start posting more. it's really that simple. i'd rather see you do that than claim that opaque is unfair or not kosher. in fact, right now you are the pot calling the kettle black because it seems YOU are the one being unfair right now in some of your words when there is obviously an easy solution to your problem.right now, there is actualy absolutely no point in complaining too much about anything because your voice wont even be heard by anyone that can resolve your problem. admins aren't here and there's only 1 or two mods that log in on a regular basis. but mods can't be of help to you here.unless you are complaining just for the sake of complaining, i really don't understand your point or why you are even addressing the 4.0 credit system in the 3.0 credit system thread.also, all your issues have been addressed already in this thread and other threads if you care to read them. what you're saying isn't anything new except nobody really has complained about it in a year.finally, i don't see it as opaques fault if you can't post enough for your own hosting. if you are waiting til the last minut to scrounge for a few mycents, then that's your problem. i have always advized people that with a post to host system, it's very wise to keep yourself 2-3 months ahead of the game at all times in case of emergencies or vacations, etc... if you don't choose to be one of those people, why blame opaque? blame yourself first and learn from your experiences. i don't see you doing that though.i really don't have any other problem except for the fact that you were trying to discredit someone's character which in my opinion was not just an "opinion", but poor judgement because if you knew opaque, the words woulda never came out of your mouth.

out of context? these are two seperate paragraphs you have written in your original post when you claimed to disagree with another member who posted. this was the basis of my own post. nothing was taken out of context.