xisto Community
OpaQue

Everything About Mycents - Your Virtual Money myCENTS : Credit System 3.0 point system

Thanks for the head up. I will try to contact Opaque and see if anything good comes out of it.

Yes, hope you can be successful in doing this.
At the risk of being flamed and being called impatient: be honest now, how long is it since the MyCents features have come to a standstill?
I think everyone will agree when I say "far too long"??

My invoice has just gone off and I am still in credit, however, after next month, that will no longer be the case, I will still be above zero, but I will not have enough credit to keep my hosting going.

I think this is really getting beyond a joke now!
Come on, people, get this sorted, you don't want to lose a bunch of customers, do you?

hello my cents has not updated for some time now at least more than 48 hours? may be mycent is not working or there is something wrong.

mycents is not working now, well it is the for the last month or more because now the forum was under upgrade. and the admin is working on the code of mycent , so just keep on posting because every post is counts by another script and wait to get your mycent after it works again.

mycents is not working now, well it is the for the last month or more because now the forum was under upgrade. and the admin is working on the code of mycent , so just keep on posting because every post is counts by another script and wait to get your mycent after it works again.

Not wanting to sound rude or nothing to anyone, but I have been gone for a good month and a half now... and this still hasn't updated... honestly it seems like a lost cause.. if the code is written in PHP I can have a friend get it up and running in no time... sooo yeah... just thought I would share that tid bit.. as time comes closer for my hosting to vanish.. but it is alright I will just use someone else for now..

Not wanting to sound rude or nothing to anyone, but I have been gone for a good month and a half now... and this still hasn't updated... honestly it seems like a lost cause

you're not alone, kira. i think 100% of the people here share your same view. even buffalohelp and opaque. there isn't a solution for new members, but members with hosting already should keep posting so they can accumulate mycents when the script is finally finished. also, don't forget that opaque has publically stated that he will help current users with their hosting needs until the new credit system is in place. you just have to write a support ticket with ATTN: OPAQUE so he can handle your hosting request personally. also, it doesn't hurt to pm him the ticket # here as well.

i have always recomended people having a credit reserve of at LEAST 3 months. i have always openly stated this even with our old credit system before mycents. it just helps protect yourself and your website for unforeseen events like the current one we are facing now. it's unfortunate that we aren't able to transfer credit because i have so much in reserve, i wouldn't mind helping out certain people who are active in the forums.

i know for a fact that opaque has been hurt the most by the recent changes with domain name, bugs, and the credit system not being fuctional yet. but i believe he has a purpose in mind that will make this forum better that it was ever before. even christmas comes once a year :)

you're not alone, kira. i think 100% of the people here share your same view. even buffalohelp and opaque. there isn't a solution for new members, but members with hosting already should keep posting so they can accumulate mycents when the script is finally finished. also, don't forget that opaque has publically stated that he will help current users with their hosting needs until the new credit system is in place. you just have to write a support ticket with ATTN: OPAQUE so he can handle your hosting request personally. also, it doesn't hurt to pm him the ticket # here as well.
i have always recomended people having a credit reserve of at LEAST 3 months. i have always openly stated this even with our old credit system before mycents. it just helps protect yourself and your website for unforeseen events like the current one we are facing now. it's unfortunate that we aren't able to transfer credit because i have so much in reserve, i wouldn't mind helping out certain people who are active in the forums.

i know for a fact that opaque has been hurt the most by the recent changes with domain name, bugs, and the credit system not being fuctional yet. but i believe he has a purpose in mind that will make this forum better that it was ever before. even christmas comes once a year :)

I had to re-read your name a few times because that post was way different than I expected from you -- it was.. Well... Positive.

I also condone keeping enough finances ready (even if it's cash -- for really *anything*) for a few months. This includes non-hosting stuff too -- like car insurance, home payments, etc. You never know when you'll end up in the hospital and be unable to pay the bills.

I had to re-read your name a few times because that post was way different than I expected from you -- it was.. Well... Positive.

well this isn't the vent category, is it....it's alerts and notices. i can be VERY positive and supportive. anyway, i just feel really bad every time i see a post like kira's.

I also condone keeping enough finances ready (even if it's cash -- for really *anything*) for a few months. This includes non-hosting stuff too -- like car insurance, home payments, etc. You never know when you'll end up in the hospital and be unable to pay the bills.

Yeah, that's what Oprah says, too. :D

(Note: That's what my confidential source says. The "confidential source" is my girlfriend, but it sounds more official that way. :D)

Anyhow, we all know this problem exists for some time now, and I see no purpose in repeating the discussion again. What we have, is here - and we can only hope Opaque fixes it as fast as he can.

Almost done guys.. patience.

Most of the new Members who don't get hosting here are applying at Qupis. So, things are CooL! no worries.

Anyway, the UPDATES!

I have AUTOMATED the e-mail linking procedure. So most of the complaints related to mycent system about changing email address should be solved.

EDIT feature will work for all posts made after Thu, 06 May 2010.

Also, the added feature about MODERATORS/STAFF not getting the power to mess with myCENTs required a little change in DB structure, however... it killed the whole purpose of MyCENT in first place. I mean, myCENT was introduced to help moderation.. However, I programmed a method where myCENTs would still be used for moderation.. but in a way which will keep things transparent and at the same time also help us deal with spammers.

Negative MyCENTS will not cause Deduction at Billing Center. However, Negative MyCENTS will be stored in your account until you clear the balance. Previously, any spamming causing a negative MyCENT balance would affect your "real" credits.

Also, The EMAIL report containing "Accounted Posts" will give you number of only UPDATED/CHANGED/NEW posts only and not the total posts you have which were accounted.

My CODING of myCENT is complete and I m in the TESTING phase. However, If I find BUGS or any NEW idea.. I will shamelessly delay it further.. updating everyone, ofcourse :)If you are short of mycents, like I said, just PM me :)

FOR TICKET RELATED QUERIES, PM me and I will investigate your case personally.

OR kindly open NEW thread to complain (in mycent v4.0, Topics get more myCENTS than before :-) )

Peace... umm.. , actually, ENJOY and HAVE A BLAST - until we are back w/ myCENTS to TRAP you! XD

Almost done guys.. patience. Most of the new Members who don't get hosting here are applying at Qupis. So, things are CooL! no worries.

Anyway, the UPDATES!

I have AUTOMATED the e-mail linking procedure. So most of the complaints related to mycent system about changing email address should be solved.

Also, the added feature about MODERATORS/STAFF not getting the power to mess with myCENTs required a little change in DB structure, however... it killed the whole purpose of MyCENT in first place. I mean, myCENT was introduced to help moderation.. However, I programmed a method where myCENTs would still be used for moderation.. but in a way which will keep things transparent and at the same time also help us deal with spammers.

Negative MyCENTS will not cause Deduction at Billing Center. However, Negative MyCENTS will be stored in your account until you clear the balance. Previously, any spamming causing a negative MyCENT balance would affect your "real" credits.

Also, The EMAIL report containing "Accounted Posts" will give you number of only UPDATED/CHANGED/NEW posts only and not the total posts you have which were accounted.

My CODING of myCENT is complete and I m in the TESTING phase. However, If I find BUGS or any NEW idea.. I will shamelessly delay it further.. updating everyone, ofcourse If you are short of mycents, like I said, just mail me

FOR TICKET RELATED QUERIES, PM me and I will investigate your case personally.
OR kindly open NEW thread to complain (in mycent v4.0, Topics get more myCENTS than before :-) )

Peace... umm, actually, ENJOY and HAVE A BLAST in LIFE - until we are back in action to TRAP you! XD

good job opaque, these are great news. keep on going and we will waiting more of news like these, thank you for your hard working.

Most of the new Members who don't get hosting here are applying at Qupis. So, things are CooL! no worries.

that is good to know!

ohhh i like that. that was a big problem in the past. i was tired of hearing multiple complaints about that.

interesting. will there be time limits set to edit your own posts?

you lost me there :)

wow. i never knew the megative mycents would have affected the credits already earned. i believe this is a good change since it would be unfair to negate past performance with present performance

are we supposed to be getting email reports on posts? if so, i am not getting any. or is this a new feature?

My CODING of myCENT is complete

this is great news. thanks for the update. i also really like some of the changes you implemented good job! is there a projected release date if there aren't any unforeseen hold backs?

that is good to know!

ohhh i like that. that was a big problem in the past. i was tired of hearing multiple complaints about that.

you lost me there :)

wow. i never knew the megative mycents would have affected the credits already earned. i believe this is a good change since it would be unfair to negate past performance with present performance

are we supposed to be getting email reports on posts? if so, i am not getting any. or is this a new feature?

this is great news. thanks for the update. i also really like some of the changes you implemented good job! is there a projected release date if there aren't any unforeseen hold backs?

In response to your question about emails -- you should have gotten them in the past. It would tell how much you earned during the update and your total number of posts. If you mean recently, no; no updates.

In response to Opa -- thanks for the update. It's nice to know changes were made to enhance the system. Hopefully there won't be too many (if any) complications to delay it further. If I come up with any ideas on how to enhance it even more I'll toss you a PM.

No. :)
-- another news: I chucked off the domain "knowledge2.us"... if anyone remembers, I had registered it for people who complained having to type long name in url bar. Just now, I found this one "myKS.us" - I feel, its cooler, smaller n better ;)

myKS.us : KS as in Xisto and not... kamasutra :P
compared to old domain "Xisto", it has 2 less characters.

so... like it ? :unsure:

No. :)
-- another news: I chucked off the domain "knowledge2.us"... if anyone remembers, I had registered it for people who complained having to type long name in url bar. Just now, I found this one "myKS.us" - I feel, its cooler, smaller n better ;)

myKS.us : KS as in Xisto and not... kamasutra :P
compared to old domain "Xisto", it has 2 less characters.

so... like it ? :unsure:

I would suggest keeping Xisto.com for the large group of us who still think of the site by that name.

But as for the link -- it's bookmarked now anyways so I'm fine with whatever.

so... like it ?

ABSOLUTELY :) couldn't be more better.
i do like it so much, it is something like entering our own community, well it is so it fits the situation in here so much.

another good decision opaque ;) keep going we support you completely.