xisto Community
OpaQue

Everything About Mycents - Your Virtual Money myCENTS : Credit System 3.0 point system

Now MyCents are still Showing Negative for me. What's the problem? And important thing is I'm not spamming nor i'm quoting excessively. So what't wrong with the system? Is it Voodo-ed by Some Pro-Spammers of Xisto ? :P:D

I thought an Admin had to review your posts, but now this is more interesting. I have a question though, could you lower the maximum time in between crediting, because if it is a day, its rather hard to set up your forums. I hope that I could possibly earn it faster, but since it is .05 mycents or is it, 5 cents per word, cause I think that is rather hard to earn, since thats around 2000 words per a dollar. I've earned about 14 dollars for 72 posts, the others haven't been accounted at the moment. I hope that it starts to move faster, maybe added some more selectiveness in the script, like analyzing only the users who have posted in the past 48 hours, and no more in the past.

I thought an Admin had to review your posts, but now this is more interesting. I have a question though, could you lower the maximum time in between crediting, because if it is a day, its rather hard to set up your forums. I hope that I could possibly earn it faster, but since it is .05 mycents or is it, 5 cents per word, cause I think that is rather hard to earn, since thats around 2000 words per a dollar. I've earned about 14 dollars for 72 posts, the others haven't been accounted at the moment. I hope that it starts to move faster, maybe added some more selectiveness in the script, like analyzing only the users who have posted in the past 48 hours, and no more in the past.

Analyzing the posts posted within the past 48 hours is not good because of spamming issue. If a post that was posted 2 days before was edited or deleted due to spam or some other issue it won't reflect in their myCents if we calculate the posts posted within 48 hours. That will become another bug in spam detection and myCents calculation. So that type of selectiveness is not useful.

And the 24 hours time between credit updates and 5hrs difference between myCents update is to reduce possible load on the server. The script have to analyze thousands of posts to award myCents. Imagine how much load it will put on server...

If they go negative you need to post some more to get it back to positive :P. Loads of people's have gone negative this week I think mine will soon :D!

Well if you are active and post every hour or so like I do it shouldn't be a problem I am finding it easy I do a few post's every hour while listening to music then go back to work :P Easy and fun :D

The reason that I didn't really consider server overload because I didn't expect IPB to be unable to support modifications like this. I thought the script was inside the actual forum board and was done realtime instead fo user to user, so that sort of confuses me. If the script does it post by post it would go faster, and it wouldn't be overloaded. I believe though it probably has a hard time analyzing words, so it might credit you based on letters rayzoredge, or maybe it counts letters and spaces? I know most credit systems are based on posts not the amount words or characters or such. I hope that soon, it will recognize inactive users, and a more advanced script that begins to learn on its own will be made just because of the simple fact, its hard to earn money real time on the forum, and it won't encourage short activity, it inspires short bursts of activity, like 15 posts at a moment, and then nothing for 3 days, and again, so it really stops any chance of creating a selective process.

You can view your myCents and Earned xistodollars in your profile page. They also appear below your Avatar. First make sure you registered at https://support.xisto.com/ with the same email address you used to register here. Then only you'll earn myCents for your posts.

The maximum credit storable is 1000 right? If I go over this amount (stored up) then xisto won't allow it? I checked xisto again and the place where it says Add Funds showed that max balance is 1000.What happens if I store more than that (if i really earned that much) in xisto purely by posting in this forum and earning credits into xisto?

I created my billing account, same email address, have some few posts and yet I can't get myCENT to work.

Please wait for 4 to 5 hours, it will take a while to update your myCents... :)