xisto Community
adenrake

Firefox 3 Sucks - Time For Another Browser

I like Firefox 3 better than the other versions. To me the other versions just seemed kinda dinosaur like, you know prehistoric. The add-ons are awesome, and its fast. The only thing I hate about it is that when you hover your cusor over the images, it doen't give any info, it only does that when its loading them and I haven't found an add-on to fix that. Overall though its the best browser out there.

I can't agree with most bad comments appearing in this topic. Maybe I am just lucky but I haven't experienced many issues since I started using FF3, not more than I have with FF2, which I still use. I think FF3 is faster and works better for most pages, but I must say I don't use so many extensions so i can't say anything about that!I have tried Chrome but gave up after a few days, that was really bug filled in my experience, the thing I liked though is that it had a different process for each tab, so in case of crashes you'd only have to "lose" one tab. That was a few months ago anyway, it might have improved by now...About the infamous "awesome all-in-one bar" in FF#, well I like it :) I find it very convenient the way I browse... but yeah occasionally I have to use IE for certain sites whose designers still think in terms of IE first...

is it time to start using ff3 now? they work out the troubles? i never even knew what they were but never really wanted to switch over until i started hearing good things.

I wouldn't go that far, but the latest 2.x release was better (IMHO) FFox 3 Crashes on me alot, I'm not running any extra extensions. It just decides to crash on me while I leave a youtube page. I'm a mac user, I use camino, which is built on mozilla but made for mac. Maybe its just the mac release....I liked Firefox 2 more than the version 3 though....I can remember being so excited about firefox 3... all that hype.

I've always used firefox from the begining and originally I thought it was the most innovative browser with tabs, small memory footprint etc although it seems the rest of the browser world has caught up now. Firefox is still a pretty good browser overall and I still use it quite alot.Google chrome although still in beta is so quick to load up (on my old-ish laptop) that i've recently switched to it, although it is still in beta and has a few bugs.

Firefox has been acting really slow and sluggish,Itseemed that it never used to. The thing is,when I use firefox I find I don't get hitby viruses,unlike Internet explorer.The reasonwhy,I don't know.

Hmm I like firefox 0.o it displays everything better and on IE you can get hacked 0.o. I have a home button that was already pr empted, the browser interface looks nice and the favourites are nice.

I think FF has great integration, plenty of usefull addons and has been my personal choice for a while. You can cutom configure FF like no other browser. The GUI out-of-box is the best on Opera and Safari. IE is catching up (GUI too) but at expense of securty; and if it was not for MS monopoly who knows where IE would be today. Chrome is amazing and so is Opera and Safari. Safari seems to be a better choice on the Mac side, and much more popular choice. I guess like IE it comes with the system. Also somehow it looks better on Mac. I uninstalled it on the PC. But in terms of cross platform standard, Linux-MS XP-OS OX.X,  I would say FF and Opera are the strongest and most predicable. Also, I mean this from the development point of view.

I use FF on every platform, Safari on OS X; Chrome and Opera on the XP. Mostly FF and Chrome.

Cheers

Firefox Version 3, however, totally messes everything up. Its default interface is ugly. And no Home button, really ??? (ps. I kno i can drag it back from the bookmarks toolbar but still, its stupid). The address bar search thing. I liked the concept, but I am so used to the old way, this actually distracts me, I don't want to search my history everytime I type a new address. Plus the slide out is huge now making the whole thing feel too bulky. And finally the seemingly small and seemingly insignificant changes (like download manager) are exactly the kind of changes that are supposed to be left to the user to decide, via extensions.
Really to improve Firefox only needed to make certain experiences like installing addons and themes seamless (like no restarts and compatibility issues). And they needed a sleek new interface. Honestly why isn't there a single great theme out there for Firefox?

Firefox put together the functionality that most users use. I never click the Home icon on any of my browsers, so does it even matter? The home button is a vestigial part of a web browser from the time when we didn't have so many websites. Now, I'd just use a bookmark toolbar to keep my most frequently used URLs and that too isn't really working out so I'd rather use a dropdown. Using the regular bookmarks isn't really an option for most users because it tends to fill up till the point that you can never find what you need.

The address bar search is really an improvement. Would you really want to open your web browsing history as a sidebar and browse all the way till you find what you want? Let's say you were browsing something at home and take your computer to work - if you know what you were reading, you can simply type in the title of the article and the dropdown shows you the page titles from the history.

Don't complain about Firefox for being innovative and doing what the others out there haven't done yet. Instead, embrace technology and keep up with the changes.

Tully to be honest IE8 sucks opera haven't tried it but will give it a shot. IE8 has lots of crashes when i use it so i don't even bother opening it.I love Firefox. i now have 3.5. and soon they will improve to v.4Cant wait for that.Sooner or later there will be a browser that will be far better than Firefox. and it seems like opera is catching up.Good to bad. All browsers have there goods and bad but what i see is that IE8 has no chance to catching up with any browser out there. Exept the new ones of course.

I stopped using Firefox several days ago as my default browser, because something is wrong with it, as I usually never reboot my computer, sometimes it starts using to much CPU, sometimes to much ram. I only use Opera as my main browser, which has lots of tabs, but used to use Firefox as my default browser to open stupid links on chatting programs and similar.. Now I moved to Google Chrome as a default browser, seems much better to just view a youtube movie or read some funny article and etc.Maybe I'll get used to Chrome and won't need Firefox.. I don't use IE8, just out of principle, even though it got much better, much better than IE6 or IE7.. :(

I don't see anything wrong with Firefox 3. Though I'm using Firefox 3.5, it does crash at times, but has a few nice features! :(

Don't complain about Firefox for being innovative and doing what the others out there haven't done yet. Instead, embrace technology and keep up with the changes.

I'm not entirely sure what innovations you're talking about when browsers like Opera have had address bar search of bookmarks for quite some time. It's good that browsers are implementing the features that are useful on other browsers, but they aren't innovations if other browsers invented them first.

I stopped using Firefox several days ago as my default browser, because something is wrong with it, as I usually never reboot my computer

You never reboot it?!

This is a windows machine right? If so then no wonder you are having problems! Damn!

If its linux you can get away with leaving it on for a long time, but windows is useless with giving back resources to the computer, it just hogs them and doesnt clear them away so they get wasted until you reboot and flash it all.