xisto Community
adenrake

Firefox 3 Sucks - Time For Another Browser

All that you have to do for home button is just right click on the toolbar and click customize.. really easy-- another thing that separates Firefox from all the other browsers. Firefox is easy to use and I've loved it since the first release. Firefox 3 is great because it is fast, customizable and the add-ons are awesome. I realize that some of the add-ons have compatibility issues, but the people just need to update them. Safari is great, its kind of fast, but not customizable-- something that I hate. IE is slow, not really customizable, and lets in viruses. Opera is pretty fast... nothing more to say. I've never tried any other browser because I don't know of many. Firefox has great security and most websites recommend that you view the site in Firefox. I really don't see what is soo bad about it...

I agree! By all means, Firefox 3 is the best browser that has come out...Everything is good except for the fact the Firefox 3 "stops responding" for a second or two when a download finishes downloading...Another thing is the fact that not many themes support it...However, I was downloading this particular file yesterday and watched as it finished and in the status bar it said, "Downloading..." then quickly turned to "Scanning for Viruses", and then "Download Complete"... I never knew Firefox 3 had a built-in virus scanner, or maybe it used my NOD32 (which is unlikely because no popup of NOD32 scanning ever pop'd up...Firefox 3 is a great browser and the built-in adaptive search for the URL bar is a great way to know what page was which for what...

Won

I used to love it, too. FF3 is awful. Thought it might be Little Snitch which I use at home but I don't use Little Snitch at work and it's a brand-new computer and I still have many problems with FF3.

Even right now it's lagging while I type; I get the Mac beachball for a few seconds then all the characters I've typed appear. Scrolling does the same thing, too.

I really can't stand it anymore.

Agreed

Replying to tricky77puzzle

I would've left Firefox 3.0 for Opera by now if it wasnt for the extensions. In particular, adblock Plus. I cant give that thing up. But man, I hate Firefox 3 *so much*. I still havent adapted to it, and whenever I'm using it it slows down my websurfing and makes me cuss the developers and their high-minded, "We know what's best, **** the users" mentality.

My biggest problem right now is the fact that in the URL bar, some sites are able to add their entire title in the little favicon box. What the ****?? It's an ICON, not an icon+giant title. It's pissing me off, and NO ONE seems to know how to remove it.

Isnt the reason people left IE for Firefox because the IE devs stopped listening to what people wanted? I think Firefox is about due for a grand exodus. Now if we just had somewhere to exodus to.

-reply by abaddononion

I tried FireFox 3 however I was kinda dissapointed so I ended up down/upgrading to FireFox 2.0.0.16.Fire Fox 3 is not compatible with just about any skin. Some of my favorite add ons no longer worked....I can't live without my addons expecially my ad blocker plus.

Firefox Sucks

Replying to adenrake

Couldn't agree more - bad interface and HUGE SECURITY HOLE - you can not erase your browsing history from the address bar. What BS. I'm checking out Opera and also went back to Firefox 2. Next look is Safari.

Reminds me of MS Vista - lots of hype but worse than it's predecessor.

Come to think about it, there aren't so many features that differentiate it from other browsers anymore, except for the extensions.
Opera has speed. IE has integration. Konqueror has dual functions. (Well, then again, so does IE...)

The only thing that's keeping Firefox from plummeting and Opera from rising up is the extensions. People love them, and it's this that hooks Mozilla to the world. Otherwise, it's just like Animal Farm. Lead them away from oppression, only to oppress them yourself.

Agreed... Addons are one of the important things that keeps people glued to Firefox. But still i think, things are in the right place in firefox when compared to other browsers. I just find it hard to locate things in IE whereas its easy in Firefox. and please... I am sure firefox has one of the neat and simple interfaces which is definitely a very big plus.

Spyware

After using Firefox since its inception, Version 3 yielded my first spyware in over 6 years. It was so bad I had to redo my computer. The problem I have is that for so many years spy ware and virus creators did not even bother Firefox users. Now they are trying to compete with IE and leaving their supporters out to dry.

Recommendation-go back to Version 2 and wait for the dust to settle. 1/3 new pc users have downgraded from Vista to XP

I agree

Replying to adenrake

Yeah it's definitely turned to crap. I just updated and I'm already frustrated that my most visited sites now don't show up in the search bar and heaps of really useful plugins are no longer compatible.

SM: I believe though that with Opera and firefox I think all the new idea's are over unless something is missing which I highly doubt.

Yes, I agree with you. All this was possible only because of people and those browsers who allowed people to code for it. Now if all the browsers were completely closed source like IE, we wouldn't have seen the innovations and creativity.

andenrake: Are you serious? The web is changing and we are seeing new technologies being implemented everyday, the browser on the other hand hasn't really changed at all. The browsers should now re-invent itself as as a platform for developing RIAs.

From What you express is that, you want new face for web browsers. Even though the web is changing, there is nothing much to do in browsers, as they are limited by HTML and W3C. And when people, company want more features, compatibility, it has nothing else but to do with second browser war which has already started.

Firefox: My opinion: The cosmetic changes is all that is taking me sometime to adjust with. I have no other issues as I don't use it for browsing but only to check compatibility of our webpages.

Many people say firefox is nothing without plugins. Agreed! But FF's intention of focusing only on the core of its browser is what holds out. It is open source, there are tons of people to create plugins and update it for latest version. Moreover, I don't want to see FF loaded with all plugins. After all each person has different tastes and want to customize it the way they want, and FF kept my wish.