xisto Community
adenrake

Firefox 3 Sucks - Time For Another Browser

When it isn

Oh... I'm a stupid moron who has to have the address line history put double spaced pictures because I'm too stupid to read. So then I have to scroll down forever to find what I'm looking for.

When the downloader use to show a progress bar, now it doesn't. I have no idea if the file is loaded or how long it is going to take to load. Also with each update it takes longer and longer to startup. Now I can go take a nap and come back and it still hasn't loaded, and when it finally does, There are 20 to thirty pages running because the hour glass disappears so you keep clicking.

Sell this company back to the original developer. He knows what he is doing. These people must have worked for Mac.

-reply by Paul Schuster

Constant Crashes = Back to Firefox 2

I could care less about the interface changes, but when a program crashes one in every 3 times I use it or within the first 10 minutes of a usage session, I simply head for the UNINSTALL option and load up something that isn't a steaming pile of crap: namely, Firefox 2.

I would hope that the Mozilla devs stop playing around with superficial interface "improvements" (although how the lack of a home button can qualify as an "improvement" is beyond me, but that's the subject of another post) and work on engine stability and core feature improvement.

-reply by Iriverconvert

Firefox 3 sucks big time

It crashes when print or print preview is used.

The Crash Reporter pops up to send crash information to Mozilla, but it crashes.

The Forum database where you are supposed to ask question crashes.

AND - nobody available for live chat support.

I had no issues with Firefox 2 and have none with IE7.

Don't upgrade to FF3!

-reply by LVLES

I for one enjoy Firefox 3. Just the address bar is convenient enough. Putting the site you most frequent on top? That's awesome! I'm not sure why all of you hate it so much. x3 Just get new skins, no big deal. New Plug-ins are on their way. I'm sure of it.

I for one enjoy Firefox 3. Just the address bar is convenient enough. Putting the site you most frequent on top? That's awesome! I'm not sure why all of you hate it so much. x3 Just get new skins, no big deal. New Plug-ins are on their way. I'm sure of it.

Couldnt agree more. The address bar showed others the future of browsing. Everyone is going to be doing that. That thing is very handy.Those who were saying it's time for another browser, are you happy now that Chrome is around?
Those who say FF3 sucks, tell me who doesn't. IE and Safari suck more! Opera is nothing. It has already been overtaken by the bug ridden Chrome in it's first week. Those who use Opera are doing it for the sake of charity or to frustrate MS and Mozilla. I do like the torrent downloader though.
Yes everyone wants beautiful things but I don't think it makes sense to say a browser sucks just because the default skin is ugly.
About the crashes I just think some of you guys are unfortunate coz I have used FF3 since the download day but it only crashed less than 5 times.

is ther a way to turn offthe bulky broserhistory

I don't like the new drop down for the address bar. I prefer having the sites url there not what I visited last on some forum or web page. This is one of those things that should be an option not a forced default.

-reply by waaaagh

Same here, I've used Firefox 3 since the day it became available and the only times it crashed was sometimes when I tried watching online movies on Youtube and such.Furthermore I also just love the new address bar, it's just so much easier to type 3 letters and have it finish itself. By the way, I wonder how many people actually started using Chrome? Since it was actually in the newspaper that it was full of bugs.

Downdate

If Firefox3 is NOT a downdate (it certainly looks/feels/behaves like one) then I'm going to downdate myself back to FF2, get my plugins working again, my bookmarks back, my old config etc. I just can't fathom why they did this.

If I had to buy it I would say it smacks of Windows - regular "upgrades" that don't work with your old stuff but get a lot of people paying for the same thing all over again anyway!

Now I have to find a link to FF2...

-reply by Newrone

Currently, I'm using firefox 3.0 too, but I have no problems regarding to what some of you have said. It works well, faster than IE. One more thing unlike IE, firefox can store information when I lost connection (my connection is slow). Just like when I'm on forum, writing any topic for a little long minute my connection starts to cut, and with firefox I can resend information while pressing the Send button on forum. But if I use IE, I can't do that and I have to log in the forum...and write texts again and again..:lol:Google crashes many times..though it's faster than firefox..maybe wait until it is improved. And then firefox will release 3.1 too I think..^_^So it's everyone choice to decide whether to choose which browser to fit with their machines spec.

In one simple word, "Gmail". Firefox 3 has blazingly fast speeds on Gmail. I like the upgrade to script speeds that version 3 offered over version 2.In two simple words, "web design". I have two websites. I make them compatible with Firefox by simply making them W3C compliant. Then I spend approximately two hours on every other browser (well, maybe not Opera) trying to make a non-XHTML fix to display it properly.In many other words, "extensions, open source, popular, cross-platform, ease of use, etc."I just love Firefox 3. Opera is all right, and is usually my second choice. Safari will do, and IE is HORRIBLE. Why would anyone use IE without being "Microsoft-forced" to? I even have a Firefox extension called "IE Tab" so I never have to leave Firefox to test a site.

The funny thing that has started to happen with v3 is after playing flash in a web page, my sound driver crashes when I close Firefox and I haven't figured out a way to fix it without logging out and back in, which is irritating. I think I'm going to try Chrome today...

3.0 BLOWS

After upgrading to 3.0, and finding out that all my extensions/add-ons won't work, I find out that 3.0 is more clunky than IE. WHO TF thought this was an upgrade???

-reply by 2 tired 2 go back 2 2.Whatever

Firefox crashes incessantly, crashes on PDF and Flash, freezes on gmail

Replying to adenrake

It's almost like there's a conspiracy between Google and Firefox to gradually phase people off Firefox to make way for Chrome. Since Chrome launched, my Firefox 3.03 has been acting really strange - crashing several times a day, refuses to open PDF files without freezing, and of course, gets stuck on loading Gmail.

-reply by Kuldeep