xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well obviously Xisto is the best. Xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto rocks, since they are all in one network. :D Not tried Gatorhost at all since they never approved of my hosting account. Though I may seem new, but over at Xisto I am mostly active. I have over 600 posts there. :P I am mostly active at T17.

I did choose Xisto. And I have had Xisto for almost two years now. The problem with Xisto is that it is getting really hard to keep up with now. I love the myCent setup, but I am now to the point where all of my points have run out. I have been good for the first few months, and I used some to make my own domain. So I am happy that I have my own domain, but it is just not as easy as it once was. I would think it would be good to maybe add some money like a month here or there, but that was the idea of Xisto. It would get easy to cash in a few months here and there... and then all of the sudden I would be in a paid account... Totally not what I had Xisto for. I realize I mostly post on my advice and my opinion... and it is getting hard to find the posts that work for me. I am not as bright on these posts as I thought... but that is ok.I still believe in Xisto, but I don't know how long I will be able to keep up with it... I do love to work on the webpages, though.- skedad -

Geocities is going down this November. and rest of the hosts other than asta are simply way too headache to work with. If there was other option i would have chosen Xisto - Web Hosting for paid service. I'm paid customer of CH. But after mycents i think all of us are into CH hosting umbrella. Dreamhost came up with offer for geocities users to get 2 years of free hosting+1 year of domain free, but that offer is expired now. Earlier Crosswinds,homepage and homestead were my favorite but now they are no longer free hosts. Also freewebs, weebly services are quite ok for testing. Not for long run. Crosswinds does offer one free hosting service like qupis, that means they do put ad-link at the bottom. And interesting thing is for the exchange of text-link ad they offer unlimited disk space, cpanel and bandwidth. They don't mind overselling cause they're getting link in back. But no thanks i'm happy with paid hosting. I guess i have spent lot of time around such free hosts.

I was doing pretty good with geocities until they started odd ad spacing. They would put it on the top and then on the side... I just didn't like how they were doing it. Then when I found Xisto, I used geocities until I began meshing them together. Now that I have my own domain, I am trying to take everything I did on geocities and try to combine them in my new site so that way when it goes down in the next two months, I will have old but still reliable data that I had from geocities.- skedad -

I don't get it. What's so difference compared to Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto, and Xisto? They all use the same network, resources and services...so why have multiple?

I don't get it. What's so difference compared to Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto, and Xisto? They all use the same network, resources and services...so why have multiple?

Let's turn back into history to see why there were multiple sites from xisto. Xisto - Web Hosting started as affordable hosting service. Their earlier plans were very affordable Plan A (50MB HD/1GBBW) costs 9.95$/year. PlanB and Plan C were of 19.95$ and 29.95 $ (if i'm not wrong with numbers). I'm customer of CH since that time. These were very affordable plans to start hosting with. Also Plans 3S, 9S were with huge disk space. That is 33GB BW and 1.5 GB BW roughly. Those were nice plans but they were not offered to free customers. Also CH was separately hosted from Xisto and Xisto.

Xisto was started as freehost (if you've gone thorugh story of Xisto on forums). You'll come to know the old plans and credit system. Which i guess you're aware of. Still it was good alternative to paid hosting. Xisto was another fork. Started for serious computing discussion. and Xisto was more focused on general public. Now Xisto and Xisto both comes under Xisto - Support. Same is the case with Xisto - Web Hosting. Why multiple ? Simple. To give people option to earn mycent. Some people are comfortable with Xisto, while some are comfortable with Xisto. CH will also be there as front end for paid hosting as not all people can spend time earning mycent on forums. These people purchase VPS/Dedicated services directly. So based on such cases it is still beneficial to have multiple sites. I hope explained it in their perspective. If i'm wrong with any observation, consider it my opinion and not their.

Pretty easy answer.... Xisto/Xisto are my favorite free web hosts. I've been with you guys more then 3 years and never really had any issues in terms of downtime. I have come and gone and tried paid hosts and realized that the free service you guys offer here is just as good if not better then any of the paid hosts that I went to. Turst me on this, I went to so many differnent hosts trying to find something else. I think I had the belief that free hosts would be somehting more thne what theyreally are. They are just the same as the free service you would get here the only differnec e is there you have to pay their monthly an dyearly feee while here ar Xisto and Xisto you only have to post for the hosting account and in addition to that you can also get free other sevrices like domains, ect. so overall the best free web host I have ever been with has to be Xisto and Xisto and if you guy think otherwies, then yeah you are crazy :D

@John, i don;t think you're right on that last line. Besides post2host is not everyone's cup of tea. Some members are still on dialup and have limited connectivity. For them Xisto and Xisto may not help at all. So in their case they can use the other hosts. Some hosts simply hosts without anything in return. I know such host don't stand for long term. But in any case such hosts do help few people. x10hosting,hostcolor,novahost etc. are good hosts providing free hosting without anything in return. I don't know how long will they remain in business and how much they have downtime. But in any case, they're helping a lot to many members who can't post2host. Let's not generalize and call crazy to people based on their decision of choosing free hosts.

myCents is not yet ready to try ASTA Host...Based on the reviews, it's great...I'm looking forward to use ASTA Host...My vote goes here too...

Technically we're working on asta and Xisto so i can't say it is free hosting. We're writing a lot of content that is giving us free hosting. So it's not completely free hosting. It just repays us back for our content and that is just plain business. If i have to count those free hosts with pure free-ness in it then list will be too long. But some i do remember which are closed now. Treeway- this was one good site with lots of free site building and space. sad it got lost with bankruptcy. Homepage- it was one good site which i used for building many pages on the internet. It is also shut down and replaced with real estate site. There are some pure non-P2H sites but they rarely keep up because of server load. They are no longer working and are less stable. So P2H are working fine for me. Again to answer OP, no favorite free hosting site right now.