xisto Community
solankyno1

Tell Your View About Moderators. Are they doing their job????????????

What do you think about trap17 moderators??  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A recent event have make me really angry, in fact i've received a warn (10%) because i've post a thread in the wrong section. I'm not interested in get points

That doesn't mean your excluded from the normal system of discipline. You are member of these forums just like everyone else.

Sometimes I have to choose where post my thread, but I don't know if the place that i have chosen is the one that suit well.

Then you read the forum description and the pinned topics. If it doesn't look like it belongs there or anywhere else, post it in General Talk.

MODs, so, shoul be more human and understand mistakes of members. Not all members are cheaters, they must understand this.

They probably do, but how do they tell who made a genuine mistake and who's trying to gain credits? You only were warned by 10% and that's not much and I'm sure the mods will lower it in a while.

If you didn't know, a warning doesn't mean anything. It's just was it's called. A warning. It doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human. Humans aren't perfected and never will be. If you wait about a month, and don't get warned, your warning level will be decreased.

As moderators what stance do you take on Signature blocks?...What rules do you have to enforce one them?

I don't know about anyone else but i'm sick and tired of going through pages, only to find signature blocks taking up half the page. :D

If you look at this Bulletin Board HERE, then you can see we have striter i beleive then here on signature blocks, and it easier to follow...and members, mods and admin all follow these rules. :D:) ....I'm just wondering the moderating-admin point of viw on this?

By the way, I'm fairly impressed with the moderating team, but do you guys have a guide that you go by, as to what you accept and don't. The way i see it, one moderator could see something as ok, and another as not, its double standards, so how do you guys over come this?

hey man! moderators here are pretty cool, but cuando se me da la gana de hablar en mi idioma, they punish me, and i don't understand it, it's hard to speak english when you don't speak well, also i think is great all the languages out there, but thats irrelevant, you are doing so fine, i don't have anything against youy no olviden, la constancia puede lo que la dicha no alcanza! :)

hey man! moderators here are pretty cool, but cuando se me da la gana de hablar en mi idioma, they punish me, and i don't understand it, it's hard to speak english when you don't speak well, also i think is great all the languages out there, but thats irrelevant, you are doing so fine, i don't have anything against you

y no olviden, la constancia puede lo que la dicha no alcanza! :)

175406[/snapback]

epox,

This is the exact behavior that led you to your first warning. I've asked not to post Japanese on the shoutbox but you ignored me. And I would have gotten rid of your warning but you were warned again from another moderator :D Well wait another 30 days :D. It's not that you cannot speak English or English isn't your first language, it's the fact that TOS calls for all of us to post in English because this forum happens to communicate in English. Your English skill wasn't the factor in waging the warning assessment but it was simply to keep within the board rules. Okay? :D

This will be your last time you should post including in non-English. I'll see you in 30 days. Be good now! :D

I'm glad I only know one language, and that's English (oh wait, limited Spanish, horrible, but a few words here and there).Moderators do a good job here, in fact, its better than ever before. So keep it up guys, I ain't got nothing against you, in fact, I support you all the way...

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice since we are on the topic of moderators. I had my resume posted on a job board and received an email this morning from the manager of a website. This email stated that there was an interest in my resume and wanted me to apply for a position as "Website Moderator" working 20 hours a week at $25/hour. This sounds too good to be true and was wondering since you guys are moderators ..maybe you could shed a little light. Is this some type of hoax or do websites really hire moderators with pay? I always thought moderators were strictly volunteer. Thank you for your time!

C. LoPresti

clopresti78@yahoo.com

Well, this is What I feel frankly.

Dooga is a very Good. Darkmeca, I just made him mod after having a chat and he showed me concern for the forum because of which I made him a mod.

Xisto is has a larger % of teen members.  The Age group is mostly between 12 to 18.  Now, I choose moderators basically on the type of post, The approach of a members to others.. or they way they conduct, Their language, level of understand, response to topics etc. When I feel that a member is too good, I send an invitation for Moderator postion. But the problem with teen moderators is their young minds. They seem to be distracted easily and forget their responsibilities. I have seen many of them remaining inactive after getting hosting and also after collecting enough hosting credits.

While most of the members here think that MODERATION is FUN and a CooL stuff to do. It is not exactly that way. Being a moderator is not about having Powers to DELETE, MODIFY posts. A Moderator position is a BIG responsibility.

We see your capability and give you this responsiblity on grounds of faith and trust. It is this TRUST because of which We give you the ability to DELETE 100's of posts in a single Click.

A bad moderator can DELETE an entire forum or destroy an entire site within seconds. At the same time, a Dedicated moderator can ROCK a dead community. A community is not at all possible without Good moderators. It is the moderator who checks the post, takes the pain to EDIT the topic names if they are dumb, and also Creates strikings topics to cheer up the people and gather their attention so that they dont get bored. Moderators are more like the links. Just imagine a community as a tree. The Admins give the resources while the Moderators are the branches who connect the leaves (members) to each other.

I have seen very few moderators with this type of dedication. If you want examples, Check Xisto! Its is a biggest example in itself. I must say, the best administrator/moderator I ever seen is NiLsc. He amazed me by winning the trust and faith of Xisto members and also scoring highest reputation within a week. Even more than me!  He turned the dead Xisto forum into a hot place where now people making perfect quality posts. Frankly, I really had lost hopes on Xisto. Things have now changed. I never expected my mission to make a perfect forum with best Quality posts would ever come true. This is a true example of the power of Moderation! It answers the Question about What a moderator can do ? and no doubt, with such great capabilites, When he joined Xisto to help me, I made him an administrator.  If you check more, you can see the moderation skills of microscopic^earthling (joined this forum and also a mod here), Vujsa ( Xisto ), MajesticFrog (Xisto) and many others. All the mods at Xisto are 100% Perfect and I am proud of them.

When it comes to Xisto, These days the only person we talk about is Dooga. He has definately shown a lot of dedication towards this community. I sincerely thank him for helping this community. I dont even know how many moderators here even come to trap now.. Googlue is also a very Good mod. The others are good too.. but they still need to improve.

Anyway, I would just like to say that Moderation is a responsibility and moderating is a skill. When one understands this and has the skill, He can ROCK any forum and becomes an asset for the community!

57114[/snapback]

I believe that OpaQue is right. I am a teen, (under 18) and although I could hold a moderator position for a while, I just don't have the time to contribute a lot to this forums while still keeping up my credits. We also have school too. Unless a potential mod can be devoted, it is a waste of the admin's time. But I do, however, think the mods are doing a great job. I have seen a lot of forums that are poorly moderated. Besides, as members, we should be doing our job too. Think how much easier it would make the mods job, if they could just have all the bad posts reported to them. So lets get at it guys!

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice since we are on the topic of moderators.  I had my resume posted on a job board and received an email this morning from the manager of a website.  This email stated that there was an interest in my resume and wanted me to apply for a position as "Website Moderator" working 20 hours a week at $25/hour.  This sounds too good to be true and was wondering since you guys are moderators ..maybe you could shed a little light.  Is this some type of hoax or do websites really hire moderators with pay?  I always thought moderators were strictly volunteer.  Thank you for your time!

C. LoPresti

clopresti78@yahoo.com

190362[/snapback]

Yes. It is true that admins sometimes pay moderators to look after the forum...with pay. VERY good ones at that. Does the admin here pay the moderators? No. This forum is strictly volunteer work. Other forums will pay you, but I'm guessing it's a forum with huge traffic that doesn't want nasty little spammers ruining the database. How do I know? My friend had a job doing that over the summer. I think he got paid 75 bucks an hour moderating close to 24 hours. Not worth it if you have to stay on that long if you ask me, though.

First off, I think the moderators here are doing a fine job since I joined last spring. In fact, I'm interested in becoming a moderator here myself (for the experience, of course) and I was wondering what are the requirements for such a position. I'm all ears if you have any sage advice and/or tips to tell me where to start.

If you want a moderating position here the first thing you NEVER do is ASK to be a moderator. If you want to potentially be a moderator, things come into play...how old are you? How long have you been with Xisto? Are you active enough? What's your reputation as a member?Those are just a few of many things that should be taken into consideration when selecting moderators. So, if you ever want to be of higher rank here, work to have a good reputation. Be consistent in following our TOS when posting and be courteous and helpful with others. If you do so, moderators and admins will surely see this and down the road take you into consideration.

Being a moderator myself (on other forums, of course), I find that sometimes moderating may be a bit of hard work to handle. However, on this site, I feel that the moderators do their jobs pretty well.Best,Xuan.

I can't really say anything for or against the moderator, me still being a lil new to this forum. But I'll say that I got 'moderated' only once because of posting a topic that already existed. But I must say the moderator (mayank) did his part weel without ticking me off (be afraid, very afraid... Just kidding!). And the forums all seem to be clean of any traces of spam. But, I still can't reach a conclusion ;);)

I have a whole megila to say about Xisto and its moderation. When I first joined the Trap, I was not used to moderated forums (BusTalk.Net wasn't heavily moderated at all). I didn't have much experience with my posts being moderated (I make such wonderful posts :) ), so moderation was a new thing to me. As time went on, I noticed posts with those note tag thingies that we can't use, but didn't have much thought about the moderation. The only time I had a confrontation with a Mod/Admin was when BuffaloHELP closed a topic I made, saying that the topic was already being discussed elsewhere (and even gave me a link to a topic that was pretty different). Now I am somewhat more appreciative of moderators, although I still keep up the good work making clean and informative posts :rolleyes: .