xisto Community
solankyno1

Tell Your View About Moderators. Are they doing their job????????????

What do you think about trap17 moderators??  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In order for this forum to be as professional as we want it to be, we must have a very good contribution from not only the moderators but also the members of the forum. It is not possible to go through every single post posted everyday, because the forum database is increasing dramatically by the second. There is an estimated amount of 40 new users per day, and 8 posts per minute, and unless the moderators have the capacity of reading numerous posts per minute and has the ability to delete them in the matter of seconds, then there is no such thing as an unorganized community.Being a moderator for some people may be considered fun to some people, but in fact, it is not fun. Moderators are the people who get the most criticism and PMs per day. The word "power" is not relevant to moderators, because they DO NOT have any power, nor are they above any user in any way. This all depends on the rules of the forums set by the administrator. For hosting companies, Xisto is the only company that I found who uses the unique hosting credits system to give the community a very good reputation. I have been moderators for NUMEROUS hosting companies who have different rules. For example, some people might have heard the hosting company "Bullet-reaction". In that forum, a forum going OFF TOPIC will get closed, and there are so called "weekly cleanups" However, there are other forums such as this one that allows users to post freely under reasonable guidelines, even though I am NOT suggesting bullet-reaction being the wrong example.Sometimes, moderating not only has to involve deleting messages, PMing users, but also involves in protecting the administrators. The copyright laws are very strict in most societies of today, and in order to protect the administrators from lawsuits, the moderators must seek the copyrighted works in the forum, and either a.) provide valid referencing (such as APA or chicago) for the sources and quote them, or b.) delete them. Alas, the moderators must check every post for copyright validity and that is very difficult for some people to do.I hope this adds to everyone's knowledge of the job moderators must do. Thank you for all the members who helped by reporting offensive and spam posts.Cordially, The Xisto Management

i think that they are doing a very good job, but i also think that the admins should enable it so that we can edit and delete our own posts... that way when we notice after we post it that we had a typo or if we later decided we didn't want something posted we can take it back off

moderators are doing a great job, cant put them down one bit... i think the Xisto hosting service for free is great and i cant fault that either... all in all you have a good thing going here and im well impressed and will tell many other people about Xisto.com in the future...thanks

The mods here are doing a very good job in my opinion. I've been to different forums and I've seen the worst of the mods. The mods here know what posts need to be edited, deleted, merged and what topics to lock. The mods here from what I heard also have fair punishments which is definently a good quality to have when your moderating.

I feel the same. The mods are doing a superior job. My site isn't working and KuBi is currently helping me with this problem. It's a big responsibility the mods have taken up, and I haven't seen any signs of serious flaws. Of course with as many topics there are, the mods are only human and can't control EVERY LITTLE POST, but I know they do their best :D .

This is the most heavily moderated forum I've ever used and to be honest, it's taken me a little while to get used to (I'm more used to open slather type forums where you can say/post anything you like) but I wouldn't say the mods are doing a bad job. If there are too many posts ending up in the wrong forums then that's cos I think there are too many forums/subforums combinations. Seems to me there's quite a few that are unnecessary.

So for users who have a problem with the tone here and would like more professional (no pun intended) posts and attitude, try Xisto.com

Can we transfer our credits/hosting over to Xisto? Cos from the sound of things, I'd probably be more suited to posting there but I don't really want to have to start again and lose my hosting cos I've already got a site up & running.

Hey mods work very hard here at t17 I know I once was one. They may not always know what the admin will suprise but they do there job. Now I know not all mods are super but one that I have heard alot of good news about is Buffalo Help. I remember back to when t17 was much simplier and less hecktic. Also when you could edit your post. The script that was installed on the forum has its flaws and not everybody likes it, but it does help. As for Tyssen I am not sure if you can or not you might want to post it in a support forum. But you could just backup all your files and upload them to Xisto servers, and you going to get about the same people now since Xisto and t17 are almost the same company and the mods are almost the same too.ThanksEric Drinkard

In my opinion mods are doing very well. I think it?s extremely difficult to control all the board... there are lots of subforums and people posting in the wrong place, etc. But this doesn?t seem to be a problem with moderators. I see warnings, closed posts and they hardly show any prepotence in their work. They are very kind, indeed. :D And we have to keep in mind that they aren?t given anything for keeping this working.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but due to the fact that I'm still fairly new to the forums, I believe most of the Moderators are doing a pretty good job with consideration for human error/need. There are probably so many moderators from all around the world, so not all of them are online at the same time, sometimes none are on at all I'm sure. For those that are around, that I've witnessed, they are active within the forums themselves, helpful, and try keeping people out of trouble and organizing the forums as best they can. I know from experience that moderating/administrating a forum is quite a job indeed. I would have to say that the Moderators of Xisto are doing the best they can with what they can. It also helps if other members of the forum, especially those that have been around for a while, also help out by any means they can appropriately, not being a moderator themselves they are limited in what they can do. But in a worse case scenario they can at least report it to the moderators so they can take care of whatever the problem is.

Moderators are only human, we still live lifes of our own. We're expected to do a lot, and we do our best. You may not think a moderator is helping you by closing your topic, but they are. If an admin were to see it, they might just delete it and you'd lose credits and get in trouble. So I think it's safe to say us moderators(though I've only been one for a week or 2) are out to help everyone when they make mistakes.You can go from a regular person to a moderator, that doesn't change YOU, it just changes your status and responsibility.

You can go from a regular person to a moderator, that doesn't change YOU, it just changes your status and responsibility.

163501[/snapback]

Exactly. We still talk the same. We still joke around, but we just have to help other people more than normal members.

well for those who knew me during my mod status, i did not take the moderator oath seriously, thus i lost my status, which actually has been benificial in some extent, i barely posted on the forums, and did not do my modding duties by ignoring those who need the help.but look at me now one of the top names here in the forum, helping alot of people out, from behind the scenes and on the forums, and most likly after i get my surgery done and over with, i can reclaim my glory as your wonderful mod. ***4 more years!! 4 more years!!***but topic on hand though i practically know all the mods and admins to the extent what kind of work they do here on the forums, if you take notice to the number of people on this forum we have nearly 7000 people and about 60-70% are hosted here. which means t17 has a good reputation as a hosting website.and the vetren players here on t17 that are not mods or admins, are just as good as anyone of us, some deserve to have the mod status all they have to do is ask lik me and about handful of other people that became mods after my induction.so saying on that for those bashing on the mods and admins, well guess what its all volunteer work, we don't get paid to be here we do it cuz we want to.. its the jobs of the admin, mods, hosted, new/old member to make it easier for everyone to have fun and be helpful those who seek it.

Generally I think that MODERATORs are working quite well, but i think that should be more "human". I understand that some members try to get more points posting fake posts or thread, but i think that mods must understand that members can make mistakes. A recent event have make me really angry, in fact i've received a warn (10%) because i've post a thread in the wrong section. I'm not interested in get points (i'm just hosted with the paid hosting of my father) and this is only a mistake. If the moderator that have punished me have checked that in my about 70 posts i have only putted too big images (and some mistakes in my first 5-7 posts), they can understand that i'm not a cheater and that i will not be not of these. Simply I have posted similar thread in the What Is? and anyone have ever punished me, so I have never thought to get some extra points cheating.Sometimes I have to choose where post my thread, but I don't know if the place that i have chosen is the one that suit well.MODs, so, shoul be more human and understand mistakes of members. Not all members are cheaters, they must understand this.