xisto Community
solankyno1

Tell Your View About Moderators. Are they doing their job????????????

What do you think about trap17 moderators??  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members can review the list of Moderators by clicking on My controls or the following link : http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?actmp;CODE=leaders
Delete testmod because they never do anything around here... they should be fired. :)
Vujsa is an Admin at Xisto and is rarely around here.
Velma is a Support person from Xisto that is here so we have a direct link to Xisto - Support crew.

So, really, we have about seven Mods only.

wow. this is an old thread :) ummm, i have always appreciated the mods who are clearly seen in public at all times. i wont name drop in this post but there are 3 i inparticularly like and appreciated ever since i have shown my face here on trap. there have been issues where the penalties sometimes from the mods didn't fit the crime but at the same time, there have been situations where the mods and admin have been very generous and lenient so i guess it all balances out.as far as the mods being expected to please everyone? no. i don't believe that should ever be their responsibility to be perfect. who i agree with the most was opaque when he stated that a moderators job is a responsibility. not just a cool thing to be. along with the title is a responsibility which isn't easy and shouldn't be taken lightly. i would NEVER want that position personaly because i know what a big responsibility it is so i respect ALL the moderators for keeping their title because if they weren't doing their job, they would be replaced. simple as that.all in all, i have nothing negatie to say about how the moderators are doing their job. but again, in my opinion, the best ones out out in public eye all the time either responding to help questions in the forums or in the chat box. there's 3 that continue to do this that i respect highly. heck. i don't talk to 'm much but if i didn't see 'm around, this place would just lose some of it's atmosphere.reason why i wont name drop is because i don't want ill feelings from anyone i didn't mention but will leave everyone guesing as to who i am talking about....Muhahahah :P

To me, the moderators are doing a good job, even if they can't correct every single mistake. No body is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. We are all easily distracted in real-life situations or maybe some online situations on the net. We need to understand that we as a community as a whole has a responsibility to REPORT posts that we think has a dumb title, description, or if it is considered as spam. Its kinda like we are citizens of the USA, and we need to report problems to the police.We are citizens of this forum, and it's a privilage to have access to it.So my interperatation of the moderators is that they are doing the best they can.

Hi, I have hold myself to not start this poll for at least one month but now I am forced. I have seen a lot of duplicate topics here. Some topics are not in their relevent forums or categories. But their is no action of moving or deleting the posts or threads. We have 2 Admins and 18 Moderators here. Are they so busy that they can't give a little time here?????
May be I am wrong, So I would like to see what other members think.
Thanks.

I think the moderators are doing a great job. Whenever you have a forum that is as big as Xisto, you will always be getting spam around the site. The moderators do a great job in finding spam, and spam posts, and doing the correct moderation methods to get rid of them in a good amount of time.

I also like how moderators here are just like membrs. In some fourms I am registered at, the moderators do nto really interact in the forum, and stay away from there as if thye are too good to be posting, or do not have enough time to do so. I like how here at Xisto, the moderators are able to do their duties as mods, and find ways to post at the same time.

I also think they are strict when it comes down to people make consecutive mistakes, but on essence they are just doing their job, and if they were not supposd to be this strict, Xisto would not be as good as of place it is today.

I've been here for just ten days and in this short time I can safely say that we have a good team of mods on this site. They're really helpful and no matter what kind of irritating question you ask them, they come out with a patient, well-constructed answer! :angel:I always wished that we had mods from all time zones so that there's at least one of them present at all times when someone needs help. Apart from that there's nothing to complain about them :(