xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mukund

Rules Rules And Rules Eh Rules

Ok I dont want to pinpoint any one or don't want to accuse anyone. its just that i wanted to say somethingIts all about posting things in Xisto.Ok i dont want any heated discussion or any replies to this post. All i think is that Tap17 Moderatos are a bit more strict. I mean infact very strict. ;)They should be a bit more easy on us. lol.First - There are so many links telling us what to post what not to post. I am totally confused.Second - Connection is not always good. So If I post an article and hit submit sometimes its not posted and gives me a 404 error. so I press Refresh. It asks me to retry-or abort. And I say Retry. And Then when The page Finally appears....it gets posted twise sometime. ;)Thirdly - The forum links are really way too large in number. It appears as if all the features of Invasion forum is enabled on the page. I really find it difficult to browse and read.Well all I want to tell u guys is Make Xisto a better Place. lol. Ok. I know its necessary to be strict. But guys... be easy. lol.I am a happy man. And so are othes I hope.OK No Post Count for this Post. Sorry If I said something wrong.My bad English.:DKeep up the good work. Make it better.

Hey Mukund!I see what you are trying to tell over here.You've said that you dont want replies over here but this is a public forum and people will like to reply to any thoughts which you've made over here.If I am not wrong this post which you've made is bit related to me..I may be wrong but that's what I think and I think I am 99% correct as well.Anyways..as you said that rules are there and what I think rules are there to be followed not to be broken. We mods over here try to be strict just because this is a very large forum and if we will start giving leverage then members will start taking benefit of that. (I am not pointing you ;))You'll find lots of members who follow the rules of the forum and still make good posts to earn credits and if you want I can name then as well:Wild20, Plenoptic, Avalon & Calkid...there are more and It will take lots of time for me to write everybodies name. (please forgive me if I failed to write your name over there..this is for all good posters)Now, If all these guyz can follow the rules and still keep the forum a nice and neat place then I think everybody else can also do that.Note: "You" in brackets over here is for everyone who is reading this post ;)

So If I post an article and hit submit sometimes its not posted and gives me a 404 error. so I press Refresh. It asks me to retry-or abort. And I say Retry. And Then when The page Finally appears....it gets posted twise sometime. ;)

Pressing refresh is like submitting the post twice. What i suggest is, before you submit your post to: copy what you've written (if need be, paste it in an new text document, so you can copy other stuff), then submit. If you get that 404 page, chances are the post has been placed in the database. If so, come back later, when your connection is better. If your post is there, good. If not, no worries, just paste the post back again, and submit it.

let's just chill and get over it... I've never has such probs but then again maybe it's because i use Opera :D ... Oh and if there were no rules then life would just get worse and there are rules so it lets others and you stay happy ;)

Rules = Control + Happiness + Security + ;) + :D

Opera = Great web browser :P

Wild20, Plenoptic, Avalon & Calkid...there are more and It will take lots of time for me to write everybodies name. (please forgive me if I failed to write your name over there..this is for all good posters)

Now, If all these guyz can follow the rules and still keep the forum a nice and neat place then I think everybody else can also do that.

Note: "You" in brackets over here is for everyone who is reading this post ;)

213168[/snapback]

I think I qualify for good poster recognition. ;)

First of all, I've only ever been modded once, once in almost 300 posts. The problem was that I included a referral link for IPBGaming.com, and unfortunately, no referral links are allowed, even for our neighboring site. Actually I was warned for doing it, which surprised me since that was the first time, and in this case, unintentionally, I had a post edited. I think moderators can be a little strict at times, but hey, all the more power to them. This place has to be kept nice and tidy, so when discipline is necessary, it should be exectuted.

I do agree, somewhat, that moderators should be just a tad bit less strict. Now I'm not one to ever disagree with a moderator or admin's decision making, but sometimes things are elevated past what they should be. I was, not highly, but surely, upset at the fact that my first-time TOS offense got me a warning penalty.

There are also ways members should conduct themselves when dealing with discipline that's handed out by moderators. Too many times I read about members crying to the community that a moderator did this and a moderator did that...wow am I tired of those. Please, respect the decisions made by the staff, and if you disagree with something, keep it between you and the staff, don't go wasting everyone's time posting another encounter that went sour. In my situation I PM'ed the staff member who had warned me, and I explained the situation. It was evident that for my first time offense, 8 months and 275 posts into membership, that my warning was unnecessary. Unlike many upset members who whine about their punishment, the incident between me and the staff member is the proper way to address points.

It's very easy to follow the rules, trust me. I've been doing it for almost 9 months now and I've only ever made one minor error in almost 300 posts. I live a busy, complicated life like everyone else on here so don't give me that excuse that that's why you can't follow TOS correctly. It's a simple thing to do. You got to believe :P.

Note: "You" in brackets over here is for everyone who is reading this post ;)

213168[/snapback]

Heh... I'm a 'You'! Woo hoo! I feel so special ;)

Okay, anyway, sorry about this, because you didn't want any replies, but I just wanted to mention, that when I first came here, I found it so hard to get around too... and was very confused by all the places to go. I wasn't too good with forums I suppose. But I stuck with it, and in no time, I figured out how to get around rather easily. Now I just usually use the 'view new posts' link above and see what is new, rather than search through all the categories.

I think that the rules here are fine. On any forum that gives away something for posting (like here) they have to be a little more strict than on a forum that gives you nothing. I have seen quite a few posts that have been spam. Most of those posts end up in the spam topics to be adjusted forum. This is because of our moderators. They are the ones who keep this a good place to post. I bet that if we went one day without moderators here this forum would be full of spam because of people who just want hosting and don't care about the community.

I'm a "you" too! ;) I'm relatively new too and I'm very happy with the way this forum is moderated and with the rules. We need to have rules or it would be total anarchy with this many members. I like the fact that there is no spamming allowed because spam just clutters up the board without "saying" anything.The suggestion to do a copy and paste of one's post to a doc is a great one, and I too didn't know that if you get a 404 when you hit Add Reply, that the database will actually have received the posting. So that's good information. But, I do know that you can always contact a Moderator to clear up any confusion and to get rid of a duplicate posting if you think you posted twice in error.Anyways, Mukund welcome to the Trap! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. I find the members here are friendly and very helpful.

lets not get to off topic about this the admin and mods are only strict when we see people break the rules. alot of people get in trouble cause 1: they don't use the search feature to see if their is a post already made, but instead they make a new topic about the same thing thats like been posting 2 or three times. Also most people choose not to look at the rules and TOS, cause they want to start earning those credits and get their hosting account.And that will come to haunt them when the admin look at their posts and they start asking why they did not get their account we tell them you didn't follow the rules, some people are smart and fix this problem right away, others like to prolong the problem and then start breaking all the rules.Remember we have kids on this forum and so what we say has to be limited to what words we can use, same goes with talking about illegal programs and other stuff, it is not tolerated here due to the trouble the owner of this site could get into if people start posting illegal stuff or asking to obtain it.What i suggest is that before you go posting is look at the rule a couple of times then look through the forums and pick a few topics and look at them to see what members do to get credits and what not.We only need to be strict when we need to be but most of the time the admin and mods are the best people around to talk to.Best advice i can give is to be Helpful to others and do what is right in the forums and you will have a good time here.Break the rules and you will recieve the consequences that go with them.

;) I was mentioned! Thanks Mayank. My two cents? The rules here are great. I think that anyone who is a mod or admin in a forum would understand. Why? Because I am admin a one and I understand that it is important to make rules. Although rules vary from forum to forum, there are a few that are obsolutely needed and those are respect for others (no language or disrepect for the opposite or even same gender), and good quality posts. What am I barking at? Rules are there for a reason and although not everyone agrees with them, that doesn't make a rule bad.The stricter rules here are for a very good reason. We have a lot of members and other forums that I have been to seem to have fewer rules when they are smaller. By having stricter rules, it controls the over all forum members easier. Not that it "scares" you, but you realize it is serious and not to mess with the rules. When the Moderators enforce these rules closly, the new people will less likely break rules. Besides it also makes the forums a more enjoyable place. And I think these fine folks are doing a fine job :PI am not pointed at anyone, but I am just saying that rules are rules and here for a purpose. Rules are not created to make your stay unenjoyable, they are to make it more pleasurable. I am satisfied with everything here. Cheers for Xisto! ;)

Well, I do partially agree with Mukund but I havent recieved 404 errors (Not Yet!). But in any case I'm suggesting that this can easily be resolved by a simple mod so that the same text is not posted twice.But I do have this little grudge. I don't specially mentioning anyone but I'm just saying: First of all we have to put up with too many ads on each topic page which I understand and will gladly cooperate with, That's alread a hog on bandwidth. That's just one thing but do you people have to put on so big siggy pics and some ude even change their'sby the minute. Too many siggy pics is too much starin on my bandwidth and I, to be honest, am accustomed to hitting the escape key once the text in atopic is loaded. And I don't supose I'm the only one doing that. This can be a bad hit for Xisto ad revenue in a whole too. If I'm not allowing the siggies to load that means that the Tra17 ads aren't doing any better and you know how bad that can be for you guys.Please consider this small request. Forgive me if I have said something against some traditional 'showoff' culturism but I couldn't help it. Hope you guys take this in a positive sense and don't get me banned ;);):P