xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

I've always used google. It's fast, powerful, the most popular search engine, and it gets good results. You can do heaps in google.Google also created GMail, the best webmail, and Google Apps, the best webmaster tools I've used. Google Video is starting to become really popular, and it's really simple to add your site to Google.By the way, shouldn't this be in the search engines forum?

I'm another Googler!Back in the day, I was way into Dogpile but Google is great for general searching and I love https://www.google.com/linux/

and it makes searching for scholarly papers easier. Oh and https://www.google.com/labs/

is interesting and so is gMail even though they're aren't as related to search.

i like google, ask, yahoo, dogpile, and live search.lol i use different ones for different things. google could make themselves as good as the rest with a new design.and sirat, like i sed b4, u have to be joking if ur going to apply for hosting.

Like most people, I use Google most of the time.
Likewise, I too sometimes get overwhelmed by the avalanche of results.
That's about the only thing that makes Google useless once in a while.
When I have this problem, I go to http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/information-optimization/ ... they have an interesting concept for clustering results.

Back to Google though.
When I look for podcasts (wink, wink) on Google, I put the string inurl:mp3 after the key words.
For example:
"Frank Sinatra" inurl:mp3
Make sure you don't do anything illegal while looking for those podcasts (wink, wink).

I use google all time. because...1. Mozilla Firefox : Google is the default search engine appears in search combo box. And when you type sentences on address bar, it will go to google search automatically.2. Opera : I can simply type "g something to search" on address bar.But when I don't find what I need at google, I use clusty.com because clusty.com clustered search results and it searches on 10 search engines at one time. Nice features, but unfortunately not so popular search engine.

I think that 95% of people would use google and 4% yahoo and 1% live search

Based on your own usage, or of your friends or community you post. You can't estimate good statistics like that with such an extremely limited test crowd. Posted Image

Anyways ...

As much as it may be a surprise, I use google. Used Live Search for a while back when google returned more spam results than useful ones. I used to use Copernic a year or two ago (program that combines the results of various search engines). I may when I have to find important stuff for say, essays and the like.

I've used Yahoo, Ask, MSN, and they're all ok, but as everyone else has said Google is the best. Although, at one point anytime I tried to use Google on my old computer, it froze on me... which I still don't get, because the page is so small, that it's not like it took an hour to load... oh well.Now that I have Firefox, I just use the search bar in the top corner. Plus it comes pre-loaded with a bunch of other search engines, like dictionary.com, wikipedia, ebay, etcetc.So in short, Google is definetly the overall best search engine out there to date. Plus yahoo and a bunch of others all use Google, so it's all the same anyway.

I use google, heck, i didnt even know lycos existed before my tech teacher used it one of his programming examplesI've always used google, its probably because my its always been my homepage when im on my dads computer

Most of the replies seem to favor Google. But I Personally prefer Yahoo with all those movies reviews and news along the way. Sometimes if I don't really have stuff to search, I still can find some entertainment from yahoo site itself.

But technically, Google search is better in speed and return relevant results. Currently think google have this iGoogle thing. Able to add news and weather stuff on ur main search page. So who knows, I might change my preferences to iGoogle in the future. :blink: